Cleveland CG15 wedge

tarheels29

Reaction score
Handicap
I know there are likely many threads concerning this club so I apologize if this is duplicative of those, unfortunately I don't have the time to search around the site.

Anyways, I want to hear thoughts on this wedge. The other day I was playing with a buddy of mine who got one recently (56 degree). I had an approach shot from about 40 yds in and he offered to let me try it. I took him up on it and was amazed at the result. I hit a low punch shot that hopped once and stuck about 4 feet from the hole. Of course now all I can think about is this freakin wedge.

My first instinct is to run to the pro shop and get one. However, after reading a little, I'm concerned that these "zip grooves" may wear down too fast.

Currently my go-to wedge is a 58 degree Vokey, which is okay, but I have never gotten the amount of spin as I did from the CG 15.

If this club truly is great, then I will buy it. However, if the grooves are going to wear down to the point where there would not be much difference in my vokey, then I don't know if it's worth it.

Sorry, I typed all this in about 16 seconds. I appreciate any comments. Thanks.

I currently game the CG15 58*. Love this club. The laser milled abrasions running between the groooves wear pretty quickly but I never believed they helped to begin with. Had mine for 8 months now and the grooves are holding up nicely. The club head was a little heavier than expected at first but got used to that quickly.

Don't get the oil quench finish, or you'll never want to hit the club at all. :D Mine had this brilliant brown/purple coloration. The bottom (due to shots out of the sand/desert) have worn the finish completly off already.

Since you dont have time, here are two places that might work best.

Thread on CG15
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Unboxing-amp-Review&highlight=cleveland+wedge

THP Review on CG15
http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=6231

Thank you. I'd really like to hear more about the wear of the grooves and how much effect it has on the spin. Most of the comments on that thread are from people who have hit it once or can't wait to try it. I'd like to hear from people who have had this club in their bags for months.

I've read different things, some say the laser grooves don't matter, some say they do. I read one review where the guy said the first 3 rounds he played he had great spin, but after that the wedge had worn and was no different than his previous wedge.

Anyone else with experience with this wedge?

Thank you. I'd really like to hear more about the wear of the grooves and how much effect it has on the spin. Most of the comments on that thread are from people who have hit it once or can't wait to try it. I'd like to hear from people who have had this club in their bags for months.

I've read different things, some say the laser grooves don't matter, some say they do. I read one review where the guy said the first 3 rounds he played he had great spin, but after that the wedge had worn and was no different than his previous wedge.

Anyone else with experience with this wedge?

You may want to read through that thread then. There was lots of information about that including wear pictures and more.

I currently game the CG15 58*. Love this club. The laser milled abrasions running between the groooves wear pretty quickly but I never believed they helped to begin with. Had mine for 8 months now and the grooves are holding up nicely. The club head was a little heavier than expected at first but got used to that quickly.

Don't get the oil quench finish, or you'll never want to hit the club at all. :D Mine had this brilliant brown/purple coloration. The bottom (due to shots out of the sand/desert) have worn the finish completly off already.

Thanks!

Back