Callaway Jaws CC Wedges

It is when you have all these glorious bounce options I guess :alien:

Haha, it sure is! Man it hurts worse IMO when I miss the ball with these wedges. When I first got the wedges I skulled quite a few. But for the more skilled wedge players it shouldn't matter.

I'm really excited to get these in hand. Looking forward to less spin actually.

I like creativity. I'll show biggsy how to utilize a wedge game next Sunday.
Good, I need a lesson.

Softest feeling wedges I've ever hit. Want to hear what you guys think about all of the grooves and if you think it makes a difference with ball reaction.

meh, I try to hit the ball first bro, that way bounce doesn't matter. I play off of bent grass, bermuda grass, tons of different grasses. I just whack the ball.

You must LOVE the beach

This was from another thread:

Do the grooves on it bug you at all? Im still not really used to my irons having that many grooves but man do my approach shots sit

Not really. They did throw me off a bit when I first looked at them, but after hitting them a couple of times it was a non issue. I barely notice them now. Kind of like the white driver head, you notice it but after some swings it just don't seem to bother you anymore.

Never noticed the grooves at all to be honest.

This was from another thread:

Not really. They did throw me off a bit when I first looked at them, but after hitting them a couple of times it was a non issue. I barely notice them now. Kind of like the white driver head, you notice it but after some swings it just don't seem to bother you anymore.

Thanks ddec. I have been thinking of swapping out my 52 vokey for a 51 of my raxr x forged but wasnt sure what to do about my other 2 wedges...Its really down to the Jaws or some new CGs...I just havent gotten used to looking at my irons yet

Yes really. I cant change my mind or decide to try some rust? Ddec tells me rust is pretty good.

Yes really. I cant change my mind or decide to try some rust? Ddec tells me rust is pretty good.

Of course you can bro, I'm just messing with you. You're always my 1st Lt and 1st member of Team Awesome.

that's right dude, listen to me. I don't drink hatorade.

Besides the chrome didnt work too well for me. Maybe the rust was what I was missing. Or maybe all those grooves distracted me.

Of course you can bro, I'm just messing with you. You're always my 1st Lt and 1st member of Team Awesome.

I'm a bit upset you keep stealing my awesome name.

These wedges were the real deal for me. I liked them better than the JAWS wedges I gamed before.

I'm a bit upset you keep stealing my awesome name.

These wedges were the real deal for me. I liked them better than the JAWS wedges I gamed before.

Care to elaborate on that a bit?

I noticed I couldnt keep them clean

I have to use my brush after every shot -.- My only complaint about these irons so far.

I'm pretty excited to use these wedges on grass that I'm more familiar with around here. Going to chip and putt tonight and have a tournament tomorrow, these wedges look great and I think they're going to perform awesome here, just like they did on that bermuda grass in Fl.

Care to elaborate on that a bit?

I I really loved the shaft and head combo. The S300 shaft just made the wedge feel a lot more solid on full shots. I don't take full shots with my old 56* JAWS because it was such a crapshoot. I was messing around at the range and hitting my 55* well and very accuracate. It just opened up a few shots I didnt think I would have. I used it for all chips and pitches and liked it better than my Razr X AW.

I don't know how much of a difference there was in spin. There were some shots I would've actually liked a bit more rollout.

I'm going to be swing Jrod's when we play again next time.

Now that I've gotten a couple of rounds on grass I'm more accustomed to I thought I'd chime back in here with some thoughts on the JAWS CC Wedge. Obviously I love the look of them, the slate finish with just a small bit of rusting is really nice looking to me. I think another aspect of the looks that ties into performance is the C Grind sole of these wedges, it allows the club to be able to be opened up a little more behind the ball and really helped me gain confidence when hitting pitch and chip shots. I have had a pretty equal amount of greenside wedge shots out of rough and off the fairway and I am really happy with the results of both. I almost chipped in twice with the 58 degree last night and another time on a par 3 that I missed the green by a pretty good margin I was able to use my 54 degree out of the mid rough and put it to about 4 feet and go on to save the par. Even with conforming grooves I noticed plenty of control and spin from the greenside rough, the Tour CC Grooves (all 21 of them) really helped me maintain spin and control when I needed it most around the greens. These wedges are great, I was so excited to get them and I'm very happy with them now that I have them. Thanks Callaway!!

Thanks for the update, buddy. These are high on my list to try out.

Now that I've gotten a couple of rounds on grass I'm more accustomed to I thought I'd chime back in here with some thoughts on the JAWS CC Wedge. Obviously I love the look of them, the slate finish with just a small bit of rusting is really nice looking to me. I think another aspect of the looks that ties into performance is the C Grind sole of these wedges, it allows the club to be able to be opened up a little more behind the ball and really helped me gain confidence when hitting pitch and chip shots. I have had a pretty equal amount of greenside wedge shots out of rough and off the fairway and I am really happy with the results of both. I almost chipped in twice with the 58 degree last night and another time on a par 3 that I missed the green by a pretty good margin I was able to use my 54 degree out of the mid rough and put it to about 4 feet and go on to save the par. Even with conforming grooves I noticed plenty of control and spin from the greenside rough, the Tour CC Grooves (all 21 of them) really helped me maintain spin and control when I needed it most around the greens. These wedges are great, I was so excited to get them and I'm very happy with them now that I have them. Thanks Callaway!!

Thanks for the info P4B! I was jsut going to come in here and chime in. This isnt based off a monitor or anything but on full shots/short chips/pitches, I have to play for more rollout than I did before. I know I've been changing balls but it's pretty appearant over the old JAWS wedges. Now truth be told, this is really good for my game. I usually leave chips short and I'm not doing that here.

I've also found I'mback to hitting full shots with these. The S300 is turning out to be a really good wedge shaft for me. I thought for sure the spinners would be back in and they are not going back in anytime soon.

And I love the rust look :)

Just grabbed one of these off eBay based on the reviews here. It will be replacing an old (non-conforming groove) CG14 lob wedge. I'll be sure to post my experience with it!

For anyone who's interested, you can find these guys pretty cheap on the bay. Got mine for $85!

Back