Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm really loving the new Dodge Charger! :D
here are a few pics.

New-2012-Dodge-Charger-SRT8_2.jpg

New-2012-Dodge-Charger-SRT8_3.jpg

The angriest car on the road. I think it looks damn good too.

Does it come with a stick shift? That wasn't even an option on the last charger.

Why someone would buy a car like that but not want a stick is beyond me.

I love it so much. Too bad the cops had to steal it :banghead: haha

My brother-in-law in TX is a traffic cop and he was driving one for his patrol car. He said it wasnt really all that, as far as the cop car goes. Kind of surprised me but I guess they didnt really soup it up much. I bet the highway patrol guys have better ones.

Does it come with a stick shift? That wasn't even an option on the last charger.

Why someone would buy a car like that but not want a stick is beyond me.

I'm not sure if its an option in the new one or not. The V6 doesn't need the stick but the 5.7L R/T version and the new 6.4L SRT8 version I'm sure you can do this if you please.

Here are some of the stats I found. (SRT8 Model)
Introduction Date: Fall 2011 as 2012 model
Engine: 6.4-liter (392 cubic inch) HEMI V-8
Estimated Power: 465 bhp
Estimated Torque: 465 lb.-ft.
Estimated Handling: .88g on skidpad
Estimated Top Speed: 175 mph
Estimated 0-60 mph: High 4-second range
Estimated ¼ mile: High 12-second range

My brother-in-law in TX is a traffic cop and he was driving one for his patrol car. He said it wasnt really all that, as far as the cop car goes. Kind of surprised me but I guess they didnt really soup it up much. I bet the highway patrol guys have better ones.

Yeah this is true. Cops don't really do too much with their cars (Suspension, Cold Air Intake, Lighter Weight, maybe Performace Chip) but that doesn't give them much of an advantage on my 5.7 HEMI :D haha

I drove teh R/T AWD at the car show last month, and it was hands down the best sedan at the entire show. I don't care what anyone says, domestics are back and can tangle with the best the world has to offer.

We have an '08 SXT at home with the R/T suspension package on it, and the new cars are just so much better.
Even though the R/T I drove at the show was significantly heavier, it just felt lighter and nimbler. Not to mention the extra 122hp helped a lot...

I'm not sure if its an option in the new one or not. The V6 doesn't need the stick but the 5.7L R/T version and the new 6.4L SRT8 version I'm sure you can do this if you please.

Here are some of the stats I found. (SRT8 Model)
Introduction Date: Fall 2011 as 2012 model
Engine: 6.4-liter (392 cubic inch) HEMI V-8
Estimated Power: 465 bhp
Estimated Torque: 465 lb.-ft.
Estimated Handling: .88g on skidpad
Estimated Top Speed: 175 mph
Estimated 0-60 mph: High 4-second range
Estimated ¼ mile: High 12-second range

Not bad little stats there...
That said- all cars need a stick! My little 4 banger mazda3 is a blast to drive, if only because it is a stick shift. Even the run of the mill v6 will be more fun with a stick than without. More and more though, cars are going to dynamic gearing or paddle shifters. Sure, they may go faster but what the heck am I supposed to do with my left foot?

I drove teh R/T AWD at the car show last month, and it was hands down the best sedan at the entire show. I don't care what anyone says, domestics are back and can tangle with the best the world has to offer.

We have an '08 SXT at home with the R/T suspension package on it, and the new cars are just so much better.
Even though the R/T I drove at the show was significantly heavier, it just felt lighter and nimbler. Not to mention the extra 122hp helped a lot...

Haha! The extra boost in HorsePower would definitely be a help there. I love the new things Dodge is coming out with and bringing back the Durango is a great idea.

Not bad little stats there...
That said- all cars need a stick! My little 4 banger mazda3 is a blast to drive, if only because it is a stick shift. Even the run of the mill v6 will be more fun with a stick than without. More and more though, cars are going to dynamic gearing or paddle shifters. Sure, they may go faster but what the heck am I supposed to do with my left foot?

Your foot can take a break :D haha. I personally have never driven a stick, so I don't know for sure so no judgement here, but I like the paddle/bump shifters for fun sometimes too. :D

Haha! The extra boost in HorsePower would definitely be a help there. I love the new things Dodge is coming out with and bringing back the Durango is a great idea.

Once the Caliber is thrown to a fiery death, and the Avenger/Sebring meet the same fate, Chrysler will have the best line up out there.

Once the Caliber is thrown to a fiery death, and the Avenger/Sebring meet the same fate, Chrysler will have the best line up out there.

Very true Fink. Everyone specializes in some kind on car, but Chrysler seems to have the big picture taken car of with their entire lineup.

I like it alot as well.

I honestly think Dodge has a very impressive lineup right now. Actually, all of Mopar seems to be rebounding very well. The new Grand Cherokee and the new Durango are my favorite new SUVs on the road.

The RAM got truck of the year last year from motortrend and it would be the truck of my choice with the cummins diesel but I dont get to choose my work truck.

The one thing that I would like to see more than anything though is I would like to see them shrink down the size of the challenger to closer to its original size and do a retro interior like what was in the original 1970....then I would get one for sure

I like it alot as well.

I honestly think Dodge has a very impressive lineup right now. Actually, all of Mopar seems to be rebounding very well. The new Grand Cherokee and the new Durango are my favorite new SUVs on the road.

The RAM got truck of the year last year from motortrend and it would be the truck of my choice with the cummins diesel but I dont get to choose my work truck.

The one thing that I would like to see more than anything though is I would like to see them shrink down the size of the challenger to closer to its original size and do a retro interior like what was in the original 1970....then I would get one for sure

That's one thing everyone complains about is Mopar weight. It's legit, but whatever, they're still quality cars that are quick.

The Cummins is the greatest diesel out there in a consumer pick up. Bar none.

Yeah that new Durango looks sharp.

I don't think the single tail light suits the look of the charger. I am saving up for an 06-07 Charger right now over the summer though. I want this to be my first car.

I don't think the single tail light suits the look of the charger. I am saving up for an 06-07 Charger right now over the summer though. I want this to be my first car.

Ever seen a '66-'67, or a '68-69 (technically not full width but close enough)

That would look good in your bag Luke. Or would your bag look good in it?

I love the new look of the Charger! I'm a huge Mopar fan, so I'm loving the new side and door styling! Reminds me of the 1960-1970's style!

Your first car??? Wow did you just make me feel old. In regards to this car, I am not a fan. Sorry guys. My first car was old american muscle. 1969 Pontiac Lemans Super Sport. Basically a 69 GTO with a 350 in it. I then had a run of bad luck with American made cars, and have gone German. I am driving a 1990 Porsche 944 S2 convertible, and as for SUV speak, I will put the looks and performance of my wifes 2006 Porsche Cayenne Titanium Edition up against any other SUV on the road.

Ever seen a '66-'67, or a '68-69 (technically not full width but close enough)

'69 was my favorite charger, roadrunner, and mustang fastback besides the shelby...shelby goes to the 66-67 for me.

My wife loves the new durango to the point that we may wind up getting her one in the future after we sell my old truck and maybe her old jeep...but we will see how that goes...we really dont want another payment right now....maybe in a year or two used...

Back