Official 2011 Club Test w/Hanks in FL + Contest

Hanks, I want to know what you think of the new Burners and if you like them better than your current irons. Also, the Mashie or whatever it's called.

He has a long term testing with a set right now. Check out the Burner 2.0 thread and see about the THP Testing with forum members.

EDIT: Hanks beat me to it.

SuperTri w/ C.Kua vs. Cleveland DST 270 w/ C. Kua vs. Superfast TP w/ C. Kua

I assume you mean the Cleveland Superlite 270 rather than DST. Is there a DST 270?

More info on the CG16 irons please :) specifically, I would like to see how they stack up distance and forgiveness-wise to the 2.0's and X-24's.

Hanks, id like to see various wedges (cg16, jaws, xft) put up against the mpt11's with proper balls so you can compare what you see in spin factor.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Hanks, id like to see various wedges (cg16, jaws, xft) put up against the mpt11's with proper balls so you can compare what you see in spin factor.

Excellent idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to know how the Cleveland Mashie with the Miyazaki C.Kua Shaft matches up against any other newer hybrid with the same shaft in it. We all loved the Mashie at the outing but is it the club or the shaft or the marriage of the two we were enjoying? JB put this shaft in his DST hybrid but could we get similar results if we put the shaft in other existing hybrids outside of the Cleveland brand?

I would love to know how the Cleveland Mashie with the Miyazaki C.Kua Shaft matches up against any other newer hybrid with the same shaft in it. We all loved the Mashie at the outing but is it the club or the shaft or the marriage of the two we were enjoying? JB put this shaft in his DST hybrid but could we get similar results if we put the shaft in other existing hybrids outside of the Cleveland brand?

Great thought WR!! I'd be very interested in this as well. I tried both the Mashie and JB's DST and truth be told I found them to be quite similar in performance.

I am still trying to figure out who you were before the name change.. but good luck to you and have fun!!

This is an easy one for now.....check out my ongoing thoughts on the Burners on the Burner 2.0 testing thread.

Any specific things you want me to compare between the 2 sets? I pretty much already have done this in my head since I've been playing both but if there's something you really want to see/know I'll do it

Cool, I will check this out. Hadn't been following that thread.

this must happen! good call WR

I will make sure to make that happen.

I will make sure to make that happen.

really? what other hybrids are you thinking of putting the c.kua in? i would probably go with hybrids that seem to be incredibly popular: TM rescue, ping g15, nike VR. that would be awesome to have an upgraded shaft hybrid shootout.

good idea TC....especially with the VR. Outside the Mashie, I thought the VR hybrid was a very good option. I was really surprised by the VR and actually used it the whole weekend at PGA
really? what other hybrids are you thinking of putting the c.kua in? i would probably go with hybrids that seem to be incredibly popular: TM rescue, ping g15, nike VR. that would be awesome to have an upgraded shaft hybrid shootout.

good news! FLTC will be joining Hanks and JB in Florida for this weekend. obviously i will not have the same opportunities to test things and report back findings for you guys but i can report back what i witness and my thoughts on how the other guys performed with certain products.

as always, if you do have specific questions or things that you would like me to look out for, please request those here. i will be getting my money back from JB, as i know there will be some wagers made on the golf course. I do know that JB is trying to get some LH equipment for me to game while i'm down there and hopefully he can, so i can report back on something.

so, for any of you OEM's (not you kevin) out there, that want to put some stuff in the bag for this lefty, feel free! i'm open to any and all challenges.

JB, get ready to lose some money and some pride b/c i will not let you off the hook this time!

Thought we would spice this one up a little bit. Some NEW irons that are also pre-release are going to be making their way over here shortly for testing. Even trying to get a LH set for TC.

Thought we would spice this one up a little bit. Some NEW irons that are also pre-release are going to be making their way over here shortly for testing. Even trying to get a LH set for TC.

REALLY????? i'm racking my brain here. good luck.

you will like, no, you'll love them! Just heard what they are and AWESOME doesn't even begin to describe them!
REALLY????? i'm racking my brain here. good luck.

This should be some fun golf and testing guys.

I would love to see how the VR Pro Combo's match up against the JPX Pro's. I really liked the new VR's.

hmmmmm very interesting

It's all fun and games til you get smoked! Hahaha

This should be some fun golf and testing guys.

TC is talking smack. hmmmmmmm I bellieve JB is laying low for the ambush :D!

Back