SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

So I have been trying my hardest NOT to read this thread. I want a SeeMore so bad and I knew this would fuel the fire! Well it has and more - dang it! Seriously, you guys have been an awesome group of testers. When I am able to talk the wife into letting me get one I am definitely going to an instructor to get a complete fitting. Again, steller job guys.

Thanks Vick we are trying our hardest to give you guys what you want. Please let us know if there is anything you would like us to do more of or review

Thanks Vick we are trying our hardest to give you guys what you want. Please let us know if there is anything you would like us to do more of or review

Will do. So far all my questions have been answered before I asked but if I think of something I'll definitely chime in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Career Low Round with my SeeMore mFGP2

Career Low Round with my SeeMore mFGP2

Date: July 6, 2012
Temp/conditions: 95* Dry
Green Speed conditions: Medium speed
Course: Turtle Creek Golf Course

Total Putts: 28
GIR: 13/18
Putts Per GIR: 1.7
Putts Per Hole: 1.6

So as some of you may know by now yesterday I shot the lowest round of my life. And in doing so broke par for the first time ever. I shot a 69 or -3 on a links style course Turtle Creek Golf Course, thats really close to my house. I've played it enough that I feel very comfortable with the course and layout. But I don't play it very often maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Last time I played there I shot a 78 and the week before I played it and shot a 77. So what was the biggest difference in my opinion of what made me shoot so much lower yesterday from my previous rounds there this year? Well after soaking everything from yesterday in for a day now I believe i've narrowed it down to 2 big things.... Course Management and Putting.

Heres a Link to my Official Thread on the entire round- CLICK HERE

Obviously im gonna concentrate on the putting aspect of the round here in the SeeMore Review thread but I wanted to quickly touch on my course management and how my putting confidence especially had helped my course management during my round. So I really felt the last few rounds especially the last 2 that my distance control was getting much better with my mFGP2. And honestly when I usually 3 putt its because I have a longer putt (30' or longer) and leave it really short and leave myself a must make 10 or 15' putt. So like I said in my other thread I saw JB post about trying to just hit to the middle of greens and I know from looking at all of my stats that when I hit a GIR im usually going to par the hole. So I decided yesterday that I would try to aim for the middle of greens unless I was within 100 yards and then I would aim a little closer to the flag but still making safe shots. And on the par 5s I would try to get my drives into position where I could reach the green in 2 and at least have Eagle Putts or hopefully tap in birdies. So i figured if i hit the middle of the greens id be putting for birdies at least and i prob wouldn't be leaving many 30' or longer putts. So with the confidence I have gained from my last few rounds with my putting and how I really feel like I can 2 putt from almost anywhere. Also since i got my SeeMore and change my set up and routine the putts that i think i have a realistic chance of making when im standing over the ball has gotten longer. If its within 15' now I expect to make it and I know I keep preaching Bob Rotella but I agree with a lot he has to say and I have seen better results since changing my mindset with putting, he says you should try to make every putt not try to get it close or within a 3' circle to make a 2 putt, just stand over every putt and try to make it so thats what I did yesterday. Now i didn't get up set when i didn't make a 15-20' i know the statistics but if i made a good stroke i was at least giving it a chance to go in and that was my mindset all day long. So with that in mind making GIR yesterday was a big goal for me and I made 13/18 with another 2 on the fringe. So to me after looking at my stats thats should be 15 pars as long as I don't 3 jack anything and if i happen to get it close i could have a birdie or 2 to make up for any mistakes i made. i mean lets face it its golf! Looking back now this really should the way I play more often but I always find myself going for pins and playing way to aggressive and getting myself into trouble, and then I have to make a tough shot or get up and down for pars which isn't always easy. Instead of just hitting up onto the safest part of the green and giving myself a putt for birdie. And honestly before when my putting was bad id almost rather miss and try to chip close and then 1 putt instead of putting from farther away on the green. So as you can see my putting confidence which has grown leaps and bounds during the last few months and especially since I got my new routine down with thanks from Andy my SPI instructor and receiving my Seemore mFGP2 has helped me play smarter golf and going for greens instead of trying to get the ball right on top of the pin on every hole so I don't have a longer putt that I used to be nervous standing over just thinking how am i not going to 3 jack.

Now for the other important thing about my round.... what was it again?.... oh yeah PUTTING!!!! I now have a few rounds under my belt with my mFGP2 and my new routine which I think has helped just as much as the RST system which seems to have really helped me dial in my distance control with my putts. As I wrote in my opening I played this course 2 other times this year.Those rounds I had 32 and 34 putts. Yesterday I had 28 with only 12 putts on the back where I shot 3 under. So right there its a 4 and 6 stroke difference from my previous rounds. That alone could have helped me shoot par or under in either of my previous rounds. So I think between me actually putting better and my confidence to just go for a GIR even if im aiming dead center of the green and leaving myself longer putts cause im confident that I can 2 putt from there and just make a Par if I don't get lucky and drain something long. Yesterday I def drained some longer putts that i normally never make. today i got a chance to think back to down at the outing, I ended up playing 134 holes of golf at Grand Cypress. 134!!!!!!!!! Do you want to know how many putts I made over 8'. ONE! One putt thats it. I had 3 over 8' yesterday alone!

Now I am not in any way saying that this is only because of SeeMore system or the putter itself and that if you buy a SeeMore you will make every putt you attempt, i know that part of yesterday was a lot of hard work finally clicking for me on a lot of parts of my game. But I do think that the consistency of what the SeeMore Putter can give you with your ball being in the same position every time and my loft and alignment is now the same every time has made my feel with putts much better and thats made me drain more putts than I can remember in quite some time.

I do put a lot of practice time in and I deft hink that my hard work trying to get my putting stroke itself worked out right before I got picked to test the M Series as well as all the new routine work and learning the SeeMore system of putting is paying off. Another thing I think has helped me make the transition better was me sticking with a Center Shafted putter, with a similar style head shape to what I was using before ,Thanks again to Andy suggesting that I should stick to something close since SeeMore has so many options to pick from i could find something i was already comfortable with and actually get 2 more sight lines which i also think help me when standing over the ball. And finally the biggest thing I think thats helped me improve is that I am really starting to dial in my distances with putts cause of the RST system and how consistent everything is, I know i've talked about this a lot but i really feel this is the #1 reason i was struggling with my putting before the SeeMore and its even funnier because i sold my last SeeMore without giving it a real chance because i did forward press and i knew i couldn't use the RST with a forward press so i sold it! So now instead of forward pressing and changing my loft every time I make my stroke i set up the same and everything is the same so my mind knows how hard i had to hit putts before and everything is the same so i can recall that feeling in my mind and make the same stroke. SO I really do think its a combination of everything. But, I do want to Thank SeeMore especially Ted and Andy for the opportunity to test their product and I believe that the mFGP2 and the SeeMore system was a big part of my career low round yesterday so a big thanks and shout out to them both.

Career Low Round with my SeeMore mFGP2 Part 2

Career Low Round with my SeeMore mFGP2 Part 2

As for my round you knew you were gonna get a break down of my putting for this round hole by hole right.... HERE IT IS, its ok if you're excited at this point i know i am again!!!!

The Front 9-

Spoiler
Hole #1- i actually didn't start off well and hit into the rough off the tee and had a tough shot to get it up on the green but managed to do so leaving myself a 60' slightly downhill left to right breaking putt I missed this putt right of the cup a little short and had a straight 6' putt to save par which i drained 2 PUTTS

Hole #2- here i ended up playing through a group and rushed my chip from the left off the green in the rough again and left myself with a 15' putt slightly down hill. this putt was pretty straight and i decided even though i was playing through i wasn't gonna rush my putt so i went through my routine and just missed this right of the cup and had 6" for a tap in Par 2 PUTTS

Hole #3- hit a great shot here as the green has two tiers and i landed it up on the top tier where the pin was leaving a much easier putt so i was 15' left of the hole here and again just missed this one 1' short but had a great line i just didn't hit it hard enough 2 PUTTS

Hole #4- after a bunker shot that wouldn't check up and rolled down the hill by the hole i had a tough 20' putt with a big break right to left up hill i knew i had to hit this one harder because of what my bunker shot just did i hit the perfect distance putt and just missed this one as it rolled right in front of the cup and a foot to the left. 2 PUTTS

Hole #5- again on this hole i was waved through from the tee box by another group and when i was on the green the group was waiting there and again i didn't want to rush and went through my routine i had a 20' putt which was fairly straight and flat for most of it but did have a slight uphill at the end of it. i missed this putt 3' left , which confused me i dunno if i pulled this one a little bit or if i didn't read the break right or maybe i did rush it a little bit but i was playing through so i didn't really look at it after to see what happened i just went through my routine again and made the 3 footer. 2 PUTTS

Hole #6- left this approach well short of the hole i had a 25' putt that was flat and pretty straight i felt pretty confident since i just had 2 20' putts but i really didn't hit this one well and i left it 4' short. this was discouraging because this was my old miss and id get nervous over the 4' putt and end up pulling it or just blowing it somehow but my new routine got me feeling comfortable and i tried to clear my mind, stand tall, and make the stroke and i ended up making it dead center of the cup. this was a HUGE confidence booster for me at this point. and where my putting really starting getting unbelievably good. 2 PUTTS

Hole #7- this hole i had a 12' putt breaking strong right to left i thought i read a good line but i think i aimed a little to much and over compensated for the break and missed this 2' right of the hole again great distance. i've been amazed at how most of my putts die right at the hole anymore instead of 2 feet short. its nice knowing im giving most of my putts a chance to get in the hole instead of leaving them short. 2 PUTTS

Hole #8- my 200 yard second shot on the par 5 landed 20' short of the pin here and gave me a great look at eagle. the putt was a very slight right to left break putt which was very flat i aimed a cup right of the hole and made the putt of the day and drained it. def one of 2 or 3 putts that really made the round for me. 1 PUTT

Hole #9- after pulling my first tee shot on this par 3 into the pond i re teed it and hit my next shot 10' short right at the pin. i really should have hit from the pond for my 3rd shot but i was pissed i pulled the shot and had a lapse in judgement plus who doesn't like to TIN CUP it now and again. but this left me with a must make 10' putt to shoot even on the front or make a double bogey. again my routine calmed me down here and i cleared my mind best i could and made a solid putt and it just fell in the side of the cup. i really thought i missed this but it snuck in there. sometimes a little luck helps! 1 Putt

So thats the FRONT 9- i had 16 putts at this point and i hit 7/9 GIR and the only 2 greens i missed i bogeyed. but that great eagle putt on 8 had me sitting at even par. i figured after checking my stats on the front that i should just keep going the way i had been and try to limit my mistakes and keep hitting GIR id be ok and may finally shoot par, cause my putter was just HOT so who cares if i have 20' putts all day im still making pars and at the end of the day i would be very happy shooting just par.

The Back 9-

Spoiler
Hole #10- back 9 starts with a very short par 4 i hit my hybrid to 10 yards short of the green and chipped it right up next to the hole 2' below the hole still went through my routine even though it was a pretty much gimmie putt and drained it for a birdie. 1 PUTT

Hole #11- par 3 here and i left my tee shot short of the green on the front right fringe the way the green is set up i would have had to putt through like 3-4 feet of fringe and i just felt more comfortable chipping this one. i chipped it 8' past and i ended up missing that putt 1' left and long. 2 PUTTS

Hole #12- another hole that i really left a good birdie chance go. i was about 60 yards away after my drive and hit a horrible 60* and left myself with a monster 40' uphill putt i mean i barely got my ball on the green and this green is one big slant towards the front. i really muscled my putt and i didn't feel that comfortable with this putt. Heres another putt i feel i got kinda lucky with because i still feel so uncomfortable with these length putts, like most people do i'm sure. im scared of blowing them past or leaving them 15' short. i think knowing i had already made a birdie calmed me down a little and i made a solid putt which ended up just short maybe a foot short and 4' right of the hole again with a little bit of a tester my routine calmed me down and i drained it. 2 PUTTS

Hole #13- another par 5 i went for in 2 and ended up on the fringe i again wasn't sure if i wanted to chip or putt it i ended up chipping this one also and it almost holed out was 1' past the hole tap in birdie. 1 PUTT

Hole #14- had a 8' putt here after a great drive and approach but didn't capitalize missed it 1' short tap in par. 2 PUTTS

Hole #15- Missed this green and had to chip up from the rough and put it to 3' tapped that in to save par 1 PUTT

Hole #16- bombed my drive and had a great approach here about 75 to the pin stuck it close to 4' drained it for another birdie 1 PUTT

Hole #17- had another great approach here thanks to another great drive stuck it to 8' just left of the hole with a left to right break i missed it right by 1' another tap in par 2 PUTTS

Hole #18- after bombing my drive i had a tough decision to make on the 18th i had 250 out downhill over a HUGE pond that covers the entire front of the green and i was behind trees that were about 75 yards out so i couldn't see the green.... So i finally after some deliberation figured screw it if i dunk this ball into the pond i could still shoot under par cause the green is huge and id have plenty of green to hit my 4th shot up. plus my plan all day was to go for all the par 5s. i crushed my hybrid just to the right of the green pretty close to pin high which left me a very easy chip shot cause the green is huge and the pin was all the way on the left. i hit a pretty good AW which wouldn't check up and rolled off the green about a foot and a half onto the fringe leaving me with a 9' Putt i took a good look at the break walking up to the flag and the rest of it from below the hole after i pulled the stick. i really was feeling uncomfortable still with my putts from the fringe because i can't go through my new routine because i can't mark my ball and align the line on the ball with my intended line. And when i get over the ball i feel like i am doing my old routine cause i never used to use the ball line to line up my ball before recently. so i really wasn't expecting to make this putt but again i picked a spot an inch in front of the ball which i felt was my line and rolled the putt it rolled and went right in the hole after banking off the back of the cup. for another BIRDIE 0 PUTT on this hole again i dont' count putts from the fringe as i don't count these towards my GIR either.

So for the back 9 i finished -3 on the back 9 with 6/9 GIR with another 2 on the fringe and with only 12 putts. On the back a lot of my putts were closer than on the front. especially since the front had a lot of longer 20' ish putts and my approach shots were closer on the back but i really felt like the long putts on the front gave me the confidence to really try to make the ones on the back.

After thoughts

so after really having time to digest everything i really feel blessed to have such a round under my belt. and like i have said before i feel like my putting was a huge part of the reason i shot so well. 12 putts on the back really says a lot to me. and although i don't expect to have rounds like this every day i really would like to see if i can keep my putting to under 30 putts per round or keep my GIR putts under 1.8 per round.

Biggest 3 reasons i think my putting was on yesterday:

Distance control- it was spot on yesterday i really had 3 or 4 other putts just miss falling in breaking right in front of the hole, but i also made some putts that i had no business making too. but thats golf also most of my 2nd putts were tap ins or within 4'

Confidence to make the 5' and closer putts- this was never a strong point for me i dunno if it was nerves before or my bad alignment or set up but i have NEVER made these so confidently and more importantly for me and my confidence, making them right in the center of the cup. i never really got a lot of confidence barely making a 3' putt in the side of the cup that just barely snuck in.

Routine and set up- this routine has really taken the stress out of putting for me. i just think about the ball going in the hole now and less about mechanics. and when im feeling pressure from a big putt it calms me down cause im doing the same thing on every single putt pressure putt or not and whether is a 2' tap in or a 45' putt. it almost makes it become just another putt. the set up has helped me feel so consistent which is what the RST and SeeMore are all about.

Well if you're still with me i'm impressed. Really have a few other things i wanna touch on but ill add them onto my next review. I'm pretty sure this review just became Jman Long, but i wanted to touch on a lot of stuff and how this round that i will never forget came about especially since my putting with me SeeMore was a big part of it. Thanks again to THP and SeeMore for this opportunity it really does mean a lot. And this putter will now always have a special place in my heart no matter what happens in the future.

Jman and Tad, super job on the reviews. I can really relate to what Jman was saying on how easy it is to go low with the number of putts if missing greens. Now that I seem to hit a few greens my putting avg has slip way up, but time with the SeeMore towards form and speed can close the gap.

Question for you testers: ( Sorry if this was already asked), What was your standard miss before testing, right or left. Has this testing already changed that side of the miss yet?

i usually missed short! if i had to pick a side it would normally be whatever side it was breaking to left to right id miss right usually. if i pulled a putt it would be left if i had to pick a side.

Buck that's serious gray matter activity, good job! Question, how hard is it for you not to forward press? And if it happens do you reset and start over?

Buck that's serious gray matter activity, good job! Question, how hard is it for you not to forward press? And if it happens do you reset and start over?

lol good question freddie. it was hard when i started but its easy to realize im doing it cause i see the red on the RST and i stop and reset and start over. i have been making tons of practice putts in my free time on my practice green at work and at home. so i don't think i did it once last round i did reset on 2 putts one i got over and it didn't look like i was lined up right so i backed off and started over, i was right on that i saw the break wrong for some reason and aimed at the wrong side of the hole and the other one a bug flew near my eye and i backed off.

I know a forward press can be hard to break. I had a FP for years . There is no reason to do it with the Seemore putters

I know a forward press can be hard to break. I had a FP for years . There is no reason to do it with the Seemore putters

i'm starting to think theres not a reason to do it at all anymore. i really think thats the reason my distance control has been off, i mean when Andy told me about how the loft could always be changing it really made a lot of sense to me. Andy said he learned the system and it just really made sense to him and thats why he switched and became a SPi instructor. and he really bought into the whole system. it makes more and more sense to the more i am using it and seeing the results.

Freddie, Buck, those are two super informative write ups there gents. I honest to goodness enjoyed reading them.

Those are three impressive scores in the three writeups there, 72, 72, 69. Fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting that they are having stand more upright. Is that true for everyone or just for the particular stroke and/or putter you are using?

It's interesting that they are having stand more upright. Is that true for everyone or just for the particular stroke and/or putter you are using?

i think its always kinda been personal preference for most people or how they were told to putt. i've always slouched when i putt before recently after the Outing and my HORRIBLE putting down there i went for a lesson at Golftec where i was told to stand as tall as i could while putting and i added an inch to my putter and switched back to CS.... and with the seemore they want you standing more upright and taller i think if you read Jmans post about using the medicine ball it really explains well why they want you to do that so you can putt more with your shoulders. also when im bending over now i feel like i have to manipulate my stroke where when im standing up it feels more free and natural swinging.

More upright is a SeeMore SPi trait. Its for positioning of allowing the rock of your shoulders to initiate the stroke as wella as getting your eyes closer to the heel of the putter I believe. The SPi method takes all of the guess work out and for me has allowed for the same setup every time, all I have to focus on is the line I pick and then the rock of my shoulders to initiate the stroke.

As for me, I needed to be more upright, look at the link below to see my old stance:

• Stance Evolution and Medicine Ball Aid: CLICK HERE

Freddie, Buck, those are two super informative write ups there gents. I honest to goodness enjoyed reading them.

Those are three impressive scores in the three writeups there, 72, 72, 69. Fantastic.

Thanks jman, I know for me I just want to keep up with you. Reading some of your reviews really makes me think. Not only during the round but also while I am writing. My focus is on different aspect they I may have never covered or thought about.

Thanks jman, I know for me I just want to keep up with you. Reading some of your reviews really makes me think. Not only during the round but also while I am writing. My focus is on different aspect they I may have never covered or thought about.

I appreciate the kind words Freddie, I don't intend to make anyone feel like they have to keep up though, I just try to be me and do what I do best...ramble.

The same thing could be said of you for me though, especially today's:

I stuck with my new posture (upright) and made sure my eyes were positioned over the heal of the putter as Brady had recommended to me the other day. Ummm, he knows that which he talks about. Once i found my lines I was able to setup and just stroke the ball toward the hole. If I didn't make it the ball would finish a foot to 18" behind the hole. This is something I try to do on all my putts, because 100% of short putts go in the hole.

This is a big thing for me and something I truly struggle with. I've naturally been a lag putt two-putter who rolled some in. It is taking a truly concerted effort for me to take that "make it" mentality. I know you have to get it there for it to have a chance, but I'm a timid guy when it comes to that. I'm trying to get there, and reading people with that outlook and why they attack it that way (you too Buck with your Rotella) really and truly makes a difference for me mentally. Really.

I appreciate the kind words Freddie, I don't intend to make anyone feel like they have to keep up though, I just try to be me and do what I do best...ramble.

The same thing could be said of you for me though, especially today's:

This is a big thing for me and something I truly struggle with. I've naturally been a lag putt two-putter who rolled some in. It is taking a truly concerted effort for me to take that "make it" mentality. I know you have to get it there for it to have a chance, but I'm a timid guy when it comes to that. I'm trying to get there, and reading people with that outlook and why they attack it that way (you too Buck with your Rotella) really and truly makes a difference for me mentally. Really.

Rotella blows my mind with the stuff he says and how i see it affect me on the course when i think about what he says or try a way he tells you to do something. i will prob read all his books and go back and read them all again when im done.

Jman, keeping up with you is a positive. I love improving my testing reviews...keep it up bro!

There's so much good information in this thread! Thanks for all the reviews and putting tips!

Thanks Jman!

Ok so I got a newbie question.

When y'all say "lag putting" what do you mean?

Sent through the air and into your mindbrain, via Tapatalk. You cannot unread!

Ok so I got a newbie question.

When y'all say "lag putting" what do you mean?

Sent through the air and into your mindbrain, via Tapatalk. You cannot unread!

When I refer to it I'm talking about just trying to give it a good lag and close, not actually trying to hole the putt. I struggle with this thought alot, even on shorter putts (12+) sometimes.

This is quite a large skim but did any of the testers get the m5x? I think that's my favorite of the bunch.

This is quite a large skim but did any of the testers get the m5x? I think that's my favorite of the bunch.

There is an m5x in the group. Im not going to tell you who has it though, because that is a pretty large skim...and you're better than that. :D

There is an m5x in the group. Im not going to tell you who has it though, because that is a pretty large skim...and you're better than that. :D

And there might even be more then one.

Back