Status
Not open for further replies.
I do fosho. And I'm proud of it!

For the first time this year, the answer is "no." :smile:

I'm retired and not looking for another job for the time being and have been nursing an injured dog back to health (two torn ACL's!). Because she's kept inactive and largely confined much of the time, I make sure to take her outside for a couple of hours most days.

So I set a tent spike in in the ground, affix her leash to it and sit barefoot and bare-chested in the sun while fixating on Words with Friends or THP on Tapatalk on the phone. Lol...

Oh, and even for golf... I broke out my few years old FJ golf sandals and have worn them the last 4 out of 5 rounds. Even though I've always applied sunscreen, I'm now using SPF 70 and apply it a few times in order to avoid the golfer/farmer's look. Hoping for a golf-tan free 2012. :smile-big:

Golf tan, yes... Almost the same as the old cycling tans. I am generally very fair (red headed kid) so where I'm white, it's "glow in the dark" white :)

I try to wear Birkenstocks or flippys as much as possible to eleviate the bare foot white sock look, but for the most part got the bright white feet from ankle bone down.

I'm glad I'm not a youngster anymore or I'd be going crazy with the odd tan or rather lack of.

Yep! I even went to a water-park, got burned all over, but you can still see my golfer's tan.

I plan on working on my golfers tan a little more this week. Will say that SPF 30 has been keeping it to a minimum.

Have had it since I started playing. Pretty much keep it year round.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

I fish an awful lot & wear long sleeve performance shirts on the water but wear tennis/boat shoes. I have bad knees & need the cushion to make them bearable. My feet are white one way or the other.
After playing yesterday, my wife commented on my left hand tan line.

I have awful lines, my arms, neck, and kegs are as dark as I've ever been. My torso, upper legs, feet and left hand are ghost white.

Tapin for bird

This is so funny!!! My wife was making fun of me today for the same tan lines. My feet are the worse. I can't even bear to wear sandals anymore cause it looks ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anymore, yes! When I fished heavy, several years ago, I actually used a tanning bed starting in February every year to prepare for the season, then wore sandals all the time. Now Liz gives me a hard time about the farmer tan I have.

For the first time this year, the answer is "no." :smile:

I'm retired and not looking for another job for the time being and have been nursing an injured dog back to health (two torn ACL's!). Because she's kept inactive and largely confined much of the time, I make sure to take her outside for a couple of hours most days.

So I set a tent spike in in the ground, affix her leash to it and sit barefoot and bare-chested in the sun while fixating on Words with Friends or THP on Tapatalk on the phone. Lol...

Oh, and even for golf... I broke out my few years old FJ golf sandals and have worn them the last 4 out of 5 rounds. Even though I've always applied sunscreen, I'm now using SPF 70 and apply it a few times in order to avoid the golfer/farmer's look. Hoping for a golf-tan free 2012. :smile-big:

I am slowly reducing mine. We now have a pool by the clubhouse. I got 45 minutes on floating on my back, right hand under water, today. A bit of yardwork is helping, too. I also have a spray tan membership(it's a work thing) if I really want to smooth out the lines. When my left hand gets really light I use my wife's sunless tanner to even them out!

I do. Sock tan, glove tan, and T-shirt tan.

I have a golf glove tan line most of the summer, and I work outside. Still trying to figure that one out.

Yep. I've got it pretty much year round. Looks like I'm wearing white ankle socks and my left hand is much whiter. I'd look really weird with my shirt off. You know what? I don't give a frack.

Why yes I do....looks like I have white socks on even when I don't :D

Quoted for Truth.

I bought some shoes at Bass Pro to wear on the boat - some kind of water shoe. You can get them wet and they have drain holes on the top and bottom to let the water drain. Well, the sun gets through those holes. So now my sock white feet have little tan spots across the top - matching on both feet.... Yup, I look like a straight up freak of nature because the tan stops at the sleeve lines too. With the little V under the neck too from the shirts.

But, I usually fish enough that I can keep the GLOVE HAND from turning a lighter shade of tan. At least until lately. Poor boat is feeling really neglected. But i guess a new set of Irons will do that to a guy. Sadly, golfing is cheaper than fishing - even with the lower gas prices.

Oh, mine is hilarious. My feet, chest, and upper biceps are white as Casper, but my legs, my arms up to my lower bicep, and my neck are perfectly bronze. People see me and they say, "Oh. You look so tan. You must be playing a lot of golf". I took a picture of mine a few weeks ago, before I had even gotten a little more "golf tan". Pretty funny.

521269_10150911438663216_1711748499_n.jpg

yeah, mine's pretty bad, especially since I was able to golf over the winter while wearing shorts more than a few times.

I do get rid of the left hand glove tan, by having my arm out the window when I'm driving.

feet: white
legs: tan
thighs: white
chest: white
arms: tan
neck: tan
forhead: white
face: tan.
happens to all of us.

feet: white
legs: tan
thighs: white
chest: white
arms: tan
neck: tan
forhead: white
face: tan.
happens to all of us.

unless you aren't white >_>

I'm pretty even this year, my wife and I spend a lot of time on the beach

My wife tells me I have a permanent white tshirt on when I take my shirt off. My feet are also really really white. Other than those two places, I'm pretty dark. I used to have a white left hand, but I started taking my glove off after every shot and putting it back on right before I make my next shot, so that hand is now pretty tan as well. I have a pool in my backyard so nobody ever sees how bad I look.

Funny this thread showed up as today was the first day I noticed how bad my golfers tan really is.

Yes. I take my glove off as often as possible and still have a noticeable difference. The worst part about it is I cannot lie to my wife about golf. In in mid season, she can look at my neck and know if I played that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back