Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

I sure did like that video guys. I like how it's candid yet full of truth.

Thanks for the shout out too SW! You both bring up really good points about them. The one aspect of the 588's, to me, where they really fit into the "player's" category is looking at them in my bag. Once you put them behind the ball, to me, they change.

Thanks for the shout out too SW! You both bring up really good points about them. The one aspect of the 588's, to me, where they really fit into the "player's" category is looking at them in my bag. Once you put them behind the ball, to me, they change.
See, I love this. I don't know if its because of how far my game has come but I love that look of all business while still not being too hard to hit.

I need to break down and go hit these for grins somewhere. I really do.

See, I love this. I don't know if its because of how far my game has come but I love that look of all business while still not being too hard to hit.

I need to break down and go hit these for grins somewhere. I really do.

They remind me so much of the i20's in that regard Jman, they really do. They couldn't be further from each other as far as your sensory experiences when hitting them though. Even though they are exactly the opposite, sound/feel wise, both have they ability to leave you standing there wondering why the hell you haven't tried them or hit them sooner.

I think WITH THE RIGHT SHAFT you will want them.

Did SW put the KBS Tour 90s in his?

They remind me so much of the i20's in that regard Jman, they really do. They couldn't be further from each other as far as your sensory experiences when hitting them though. Even though they are exactly the opposite, sound/feel wise, both have they ability to leave you standing there wondering why the hell you haven't tried them or hit them sooner.

I think WITH THE RIGHT SHAFT you will want them.

Always the key for me, lol. I will say, the main thing that has kept me away is the chrome. I know its retro, but if they were brushed...they may then become THE best looking out there to me.

No Frank, he put the KBS T's in his.

Always the key for me, lol. I will say, the main thing that has kept me away is the chrome. I know its retro, but if they were brushed...they may then become THE best looking out there to me.

It's my one and only complaint dude. THey look awesome though, but my biggest complaint about the AP2's, are shared with these irons, and that's the glare off the top line.

t's my one and only complaint dude. THey look awesome though, but my biggest complaint about the AP2's, are shared with these irons, and that's the glare off the top line.

Yep, I hear ya. Its one of those things that just really bothers me in my fragile little mind. I need to get over it, but I'm wired the way I am.

I still want to hit these.

Great video SW I really see these in my bag. I wanna decide on a shaft and decide if I wanna go combo MB and CB or all of one or the other. The MBs sure look nice too.

That is a good way to put it and even to go a step further I could see someone getting caught up in the thin top line at address, especially if they are like me and are used to seeing toplines that resemble Monty's waistline. Yet as soon as you make contact for the first time you realize how much mass is coming in behind the ball, from that point on everything changes.

No, I have the KBS Tour in Stiff in mine and couldn't be happier with how they've treated me thus far.

Glad the 588's are working out well for you SW!

great vid danny.

i agree with everyone here in that the top line can be somewhat intimidating until yes, you smash one on the screws and it just feels perfect.

i have noticed the glare a few times this year (and actually a lot today on my Gambler).

just wanted to say...today, i hit one shot that makes you absolutely love your whole set of irons. i had topped a 2nd shot from out under a tree on a par 5, so i was looking at ~200 yards to a back pin on a longer green to get on in regulation. so frustrated, but determined...i decided on the 5 iron out of the rough to just absolutely go HAM on it and have it roll up the green to the back. well i hit a shot that you'd see on tour! hit short left and kicked up on a rolled within 7 feet of the pin, sank the birdie putt. easily best shot of the round.

Well, I had a chance to play 27 holes in the last two days and had some more success with the 588 CB's.

Finally hit my first big pull hook yesterday on a par 3 with the 8 iron and I pretty much had to get my hips WAY ahead to pull that off. That shot led me to a double, but I made up for it on the other par 3's, by going even par on them. I also hit one of the best PW's of the year as an approach on a par 5. Left myself about 10 feet, which obviously isn't anything amazing, but it just felt good at the time.

Two of my playing partners were all over these things yesterday. Pulling them out of my bag and talking about them to each other during our whole round. I let them take some swings and neither of them could shut up about them the rest of the day lol.

What I'm finding is that even if I'm in a little trouble off the tee I feel confident that I can get myself on the green if I get myself inside 150. Also, I've got the confidence to try to pull off almost any shot I am handed with them. I took a few risks yesterday that ended up working out pretty well for me.

Well, I had a chance to play 27 holes in the last two days and had some more success with the 588 CB's.

Finally hit my first big pull hook yesterday on a par 3 with the 8 iron and I pretty much had to get my hips WAY ahead to pull that off. That shot led me to a double, but I made up for it on the other par 3's, by going even par on them. I also hit one of the best PW's of the year as an approach on a par 5. Left myself about 10 feet, which obviously isn't anything amazing, but it just felt good at the time.

Two of my playing partners were all over these things yesterday. Pulling them out of my bag and talking about them to each other during our whole round. I let them take some swings and neither of them could shut up about them the rest of the day lol.

What I'm finding is that even if I'm in a little trouble off the tee I feel confident that I can get myself on the green if I get myself inside 150. Also, I've got the confidence to try to pull off almost any shot I am handed with them. I took a few risks yesterday that ended up working out pretty well for me.

That's where these have shined for me more than anything else. Give me an 8 iron or less and I feel very confident.

Still liking the stock crosslines?

SW, I've always felt this desperation to use a 3 wood if I get into some trouble from a tee shot. Now, I just start by looking at the 150 marker and if I can get closer easily, I will. If not, I grab the 7 iron. That's become a very good distance for me and I really don't feel like I can miss, even though I obviously still do at times.

As for the Crosslines, I love the way they look, but I'm going to re-grip after the MC. It's been hot and humid here and they tend to get pretty slick for me.

SW, I've always felt this desperation to use a 3 wood if I get into some trouble from a tee shot. Now, I just start by looking at the 150 marker and if I can get closer easily, I will. If not, I grab the 7 iron. That's become a very good distance for me and I really don't feel like I can miss, even though I obviously still do at times.

As for the Crosslines, I love the way they look, but I'm going to re-grip after the MC. It's been hot and humid here and they tend to get pretty slick for me.

Great point about getting to 150, I wish I had learned that lesson a lot sooner. But yeah it's hard not to grab the longest club in your bag and flail away, often ending up in more trouble than you were to start with.

That's interesting about the grips getting slick, I would've thought with them being as textured as they are slippage would have been a non-issue.

If I'm in trouble off the tee I usually resort to the 5i or the 4i if I I have an acceptable lie. If that gets me inside of 170 I'm good. Of course I've always thought like this. It isn't really anything the 588's have done for me.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Yea, I think I worded that poorly. What I meant was that I now just try to get to the 150 marker if I get in trouble off the tee since I feel like I can get on the green from there. As for my punching iron, that's usually the 6 iron.

Great point about getting to 150, I wish I had learned that lesson a lot sooner. But yeah it's hard not to grab the longest club in your bag and flail away, often ending up in more trouble than you were to start with.

That's interesting about the grips getting slick, I would've thought with them being as textured as they are slippage would have been a non-issue.

Danny, I did want to respond a little more to this. I've not really had more than a time or two where I felt like I was going to lose the club, but they do start to feel slick to the touch in high humidity for me. I think I'll probably slap on some THP grips post Morgan Cup.

Interesting thoughts on the stock grips Hawk. I haven't had any issues with slippage yet but I could see that being an issue with these at some point. You know what's funny, I had a pretty awesome round of golf yesterday. I hit 15 GIR's but struggled on the par 3's yesterday, which is not really customary for me. I didn't miss them by much but one did cost me my lone bogey. I struck the ball well, just probably got a little aggressive with the pin placements. I need to remember to choose my aggression wisely. I get a little over confident sometimes I think, which is good and bad.

I'm really impressed with these irons and am super appreciative that I got the chance to put them in my golf bag. I hope I can make Cleveland Golf proud with my play at the Morgan Cup and I hope I do these irons enough justice when it comes to cutting my promo with them.

I can't wait to talk 588's on the camera dude. I think we'll have plenty to say.

I feel like I've been a little more aggressive lately as well, but it's sort of helped me since confidence is sort of fleeting in my game. I felt like a real golfer when I played on Monday, especially with an iron in my hand.

I can't wait to talk 588's on the camera dude. I think we'll have plenty to say.

I feel like I've been a little more aggressive lately as well, but it's sort of helped me since confidence is sort of fleeting in my game. I felt like a real golfer when I played on Monday, especially with an iron in my hand.

Just want to touch on that a little bit. You're a guy, prior to these and the V2's, that for the most part played irons with larger profiles and that offer more forgiveness. Clearly you are enjoying these irons and you're glad you chose them, but do they give you a level of confidence that other things you've owned in the past couldn't?

Personally, one of the best sets of irons I owned in the past couple of years were the Burner 2.0's. I love how stupid long they are and I thought they looked awesome. However, all I wanted to do was bash them. There was no level of anything else other than let's see how far I can hit them. But these irons make me feel like a ball striker. They give me a level of cockiness that's pretty awesome. Do you find that?

Not a real update but when I was at the range yesterday a guy commented on how nice my irons looked :blush: and then went on to give me the backhand by asking if they were Titleist :bulgy-eyes:

Just want to touch on that a little bit. You're a guy, prior to these and the V2's, that for the most part played irons with larger profiles and that offer more forgiveness. Clearly you are enjoying these irons and you're glad you chose them, but do they give you a level of confidence that other things you've owned in the past couldn't?

Personally, one of the best sets of irons I owned in the past couple of years were the Burner 2.0's. I love how stupid long they are and I thought they looked awesome. However, all I wanted to do was bash them. There was no level of anything else other than let's see how far I can hit them. But these irons make me feel like a ball striker. They give me a level of cockiness that's pretty awesome. Do you find that?

I swear I'm at the highest level of confidence I've ever been with an iron in my hand right now. I don't know why it developed, but it was right after I got them fit. I just feel like I can swing away without any fear right now.

I felt so cocky on Monday and I NEVER feel that way on the course lol. Part of it was that I was the best golfer in our group and had a reason to want to beat a couple of the guys, but the other part was that I really just felt like anything inside 150 was going on the green. For the most part that was true too.

For me, the shape and performance just give me the feeling that I can hit targets, which is really all I want out of an iron. I'm always slightly obsessed with distance (moreso off the tee), but I'll tell you right now that I don't care if my 7 iron is a 150 club as long as it's accurate.

Interesting thoughts on the stock grips Hawk. I haven't had any issues with slippage yet but I could see that being an issue with these at some point. You know what's funny, I had a pretty awesome round of golf yesterday. I hit 15 GIR's but struggled on the par 3's yesterday, which is not really customary for me. I didn't miss them by much but one did cost me my lone bogey. I struck the ball well, just probably got a little aggressive with the pin placements. I need to remember to choose my aggression wisely. I get a little over confident sometimes I think, which is good and bad.

I'm really impressed with these irons and am super appreciative that I got the chance to put them in my golf bag. I hope I can make Cleveland Golf proud with my play at the Morgan Cup and I hope I do these irons enough justice when it comes to cutting my promo with them.

What kind of misses were you seeing TC?

Not a real update but when I was at the range yesterday a guy commented on how nice my irons looked :blush: and then went on to give me the backhand by asking if they were Titleist :bulgy-eyes:

Sheep Colt. You should've have slain him (figuratively, not literally)

I swear I'm at the highest level of confidence I've ever been with an iron in my hand right now. I don't know why it developed, but it was right after I got them fit. I just feel like I can swing away without any fear right now.

I felt so cocky on Monday and I NEVER feel that way on the course lol. Part of it was that I was the best golfer in our group and had a reason to want to beat a couple of the guys, but the other part was that I really just felt like anything inside 150 was going on the green. For the most part that was true too.

For me, the shape and performance just give me the feeling that I can hit targets, which is really all I want out of an iron. I'm always slightly obsessed with distance (moreso off the tee), but I'll tell you right now that I don't care if my 7 iron is a 150 club as long as it's accurate.

That's awesome to hear buddy. I feel the same way. I used to be the guy that liked hitting the 150 yard PW, but now I could care less. These irons just make me happy and confident, and to me, that's priceless.

Back