Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
After carrying my bag for umpteen years I gave in and bought a push cart today (Bag Boy Express Auto). It's was getting harder and harder for me to ramble around the course for 18 holes carrying my bag, and at 55 I was noticing a bit of soreness in my back at the end of the round. So, I sucked it up and bought a push cart. I'm curious to try it out and see how I feel after 18.

Oy vey.

After carrying my bag for umpteen years I gave in and bought a push cart today (Bag Boy Express Auto). It's was getting harder and harder for me to ramble around the course for 18 holes carrying my bag, and at 55 I was noticing a bit of soreness in my back at the end of the round. So, I sucked it up and bought a push cart. I'm curious to try it out and see how I feel after 18.

Oy vey.

Hope it works out for you. Maybe it will allow you to an "every-other" type of thing: one day you use the cart and that frees you up to huff with the bag on the next go around.

hey man, atleast you're still dedicated to walking... I hope to still be walking in my 50s+... such great excersize!

Sean , you will have to write up a review of this cart , as I too am getting tired of lugging my bag for 18 holes ( sometimes more ) , as my shoulders and neck take a beating and it shows in my game starting at hole 12-14 .
I have been looking at the Bag boy , Sun Mountains 3 wheel & 4 wheel carts and the clickgear 3.0 3 wheel cart .

Last year Nerfny and I bought each other push carts for valentines day. I love walking and using the push cart is great. I used to not walk 18 holes but now I don't mind it at all.

Bought a push cart a few months ago and I love it; it's definitely made walking a round much easier for me. I remember a thread here a few months back about push cart users scoring better than walkers who carry their bags due to less back and shoulder strain, and that was what sold it for me. The cart I have is the BagBoy F-350 (also sold as the SC-600). At first bought a cheap $40 cart and soon found that I got what I paid for. The F-350/SC-600 is a great, durable mid-level no-frills cart for those not wanting to spend $150+ on a higher-end cart like the BB Express or a Clicgear.

About a month ago my 2 year old son ripped the legs off my stand bag and instead of buying a new bag, I bought a push cart. Best decision I made in a long time. I got a clic gear 4 wheel cart on sale for $100 and it has taken 2-3 strokes of my game just due to not being as tired. Like others here I love to walk the course for the exercise and the push cart just makes it more enjoyable.

Hope it works out for you. Maybe it will allow you to an "every-other" type of thing: one day you use the cart and that frees you up to huff with the bag on the next go around.
Thanks! I'm hoping to play 18 tomorrow and see how it goes.

hey man, atleast you're still dedicated to walking... I hope to still be walking in my 50s+... such great excersize!
I like to walk and like the exercise. :)

Sean , you will have to write up a review of this cart , as I too am getting tired of lugging my bag for 18 holes ( sometimes more ) , as my shoulders and neck take a beating and it shows in my game starting at hole 12-14 .
I have been looking at the Bag boy , Sun Mountains 3 wheel & 4 wheel carts and the clickgear 3.0 3 wheel cart .
I selected this one as it is so easy to fold and unfold. I like the Clicgear and SM but they seemed more complicated. It only took me a couple of minutes to put it together, and that's saying a lot. I'll let you know more.

Last year Nerfny and I bought each other push carts for valentines day. I love walking and using the push cart is great. I used to not walk 18 holes but now I don't mind it at all.
Sounds good ddec!

Bought a push cart a few months ago and I love it; it's definitely made walking a round much easier for me. I remember a thread here a few months back about push cart users scoring better than walkers who carry their bags due to less back and shoulder strain, and that was what sold it for me. The cart I have is the BagBoy F-350 (also sold as the SC-600). At first bought a cheap $40 cart and soon found that I got what I paid for. The F-350/SC-600 is a great, durable mid-level no-frills cart for those not wanting to spend $150+ on a higher-end cart like the BB Express or a Clicgear.
Hmmm...better scores? I like the sound of that.

About a month ago my 2 year old son ripped the legs off my stand bag and instead of buying a new bag, I bought a push cart. Best decision I made in a long time. I got a clic gear 4 wheel cart on sale for $100 and it has taken 2-3 strokes of my game just due to not being as tired. Like others here I love to walk the course for the exercise and the push cart just makes it more enjoyable.
That's one strong two year old Cool! It's encouraging to hear your take on the push cart. I look forward to trying it out.

After two shoulder surgeries, and having an arthritic neck and upper back, I can't lug my bag around without nearly killing myself, but I absolultely prefer to walk. My wife gave me a Sun Mountain V1 cart for my birthday last year, and it has been fantastic. I don't get the shoulder and back issues nearly as bad as I did before. Go for the push cart, and enjoy your rounds more if you like to walk.

One piece of advice, if you get a Sun Mountain cart, make sure it has the foam wheels, and not the inflatable ones. The inflatables tend to leak, and the pump it comes with to keep them inflated is a terrible design for the cart wheels. The foam wheels are solid, and won't even go flat.

After two shoulder surgeries, and having an arthritic neck and upper back, I can't lug my bag around without nearly killing myself, but I absolultely prefer to walk. My wife gave me a Sun Mountain V1 cart for my birthday last year, and it has been fantastic. I don't get the shoulder and back issues nearly as bad as I did before. Go for the push cart, and enjoy your rounds more if you like to walk.

One piece of advice, if you get a Sun Mountain cart, make sure it has the foam wheels, and not the inflatable ones. The inflatables tend to leak, and the pump it comes with to keep them inflated is a terrible design for the cart wheels. The foam wheels are solid, and won't even go flat.
I'm happy to heat it's working out for you. Yes, I definitely will stay away from inflatable tires. I find the idea of foam wheels much more appealing and a lot less hassle.

I second the comment on the solid wheels. I have the clicgear 3.0 and it has solid wheels. Oddly the inflatibles are marketed as an advantage over the solid and I don't buy it. There is nothing that the clicgear solid wheels have not gone over or through with ease.

My experience with walking with the push cart is similar to the comments made by others. I am 58 with back issues left over from earlier sports injuries and really enjoy walking courses. Happy to live in a part of the country where the majority of coures are set up for walking. Not only does the push cart allow you to walk the course with less strain, but it allows you to carry more things that you like to have for 18 holes (fluids, rain gear etc). If I had to carry, I would have to make some real hard choices about what I could take for 18 holes and would probably need the 19th hole for medicinal purposes as opposed to recreational.

I agree with you JNUG. However, the Bag Boy Automatic was a bust. I am tall and had the telescoping handle all the way out. After a few holes the handle kept working its way down and I had to stop and adjust the handle. In addition, the upper support kept collapsing and I had to stop and adjust that as well. It was a real hassle. It seemed I spent more time fiddling around with the cart then playing golf.After today's round I took it back and exchanged it for a Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1. I hope this one works better. :)

Thats a shame that that it didnt work out, I hope you have better luck with the Sun Mountain

Any feedback on the Sun Mountain? I am looking for a push cart too but not sure which to buy.

Any feedback on the Sun Mountain? I am looking for a push cart too but not sure which to buy.
I played one round with the SC and it's much better. It seems smoother, better built, and has more features. It also has the foam tires. I like it. :)

Back