Miyazaki C. Kua Shafts

JB- do you know if there is any downside to trimming the driver shaft I have down to a 5w length? or would it be better to get as shaft specifically made for a 5w and kee the integrity of the driver shaft for a driver down the line?

I thought they just made "wood" shafts as in for all woods. Is there a 3W or 5W specific shaft? I know theres a hybrid one for sure.

I thought they just made "wood" shafts as in for all woods. Is there a 3W or 5W specific shaft? I know theres a hybrid one for sure.

I thought the same thing

You are correct.

My closest retailer is Golfsmith KC, Mo. (6 hours away). Good thing I'm heading that way later this month.

Im going to try and hit the range for "dinner" and give the SF 3W a go with the new ckua shaft in it. I can tell just swinging it that its much different then stock. Should be interesting but I'll admit Im a little nervous.

Just picked up a C.Kua in 59 with the R9 tip installed. I'll put in my Super-Tri this weekend and see how it performs.

Just picked up a C.Kua in 59 with the R9 tip installed. I'll put in my Super-Tri this weekend and see how it performs.

What international flex code # did you go with?

Does 3552 sound right? I'm in my office at the moment and don't recall the exact #. My 40+ yr old body needs a regular flex.

Does 3552 sound right? I'm in my office at the moment and don't recall the exact #. My 40+ yr old body needs a regular flex.

Not really, but it could be close. Although with as many combos as they have it could be.

JB, I really want this shaft, can you direct me to anything that would help me understand this flex code better?

Not really, but it could be close. Although with as many combos as they have it could be.

Here you go:

Speciafications:: C.Kua 59 :: REGULAR flex :: 46'' raw length :: .335 tip diameter :: Low/Mid Trajectory :: 59 grams :: 4'' tip parallel :: .585 Butt diameter :: 3552 Flex code :: 260 cpm :: 3543 torsion code (3.8*)

Here you go:

Speciafications:: C.Kua 59 :: REGULAR flex :: 46'' raw length :: .335 tip diameter :: Low/Mid Trajectory :: 59 grams :: 4'' tip parallel :: .585 Butt diameter :: 3552 Flex code :: 260 cpm :: 3543 torsion code (3.8*)

Well there ya go. It must be the only Flex code I have not tried....hehe

Likely too soft for your taste

Maybe. But taht is what I love about their code. People can find the exact match that they are looking for through fitting rather than just going R, S, X

I see that some people have purchased C. Kua shafts but on Miyazaki's website the retailers that they list don't offer the C Kua yet (at least on their websites)...are there other authorized retailers that some of you have bought from and is the C Kua line 'officially' released to retail yet...thanks

Went to my Golf Town yesterday and talked to or at least tried to talk to someone about Miyazaki shafts. He hadn't heard anything about them. He even asked someone else and nothing. Doesn't look too good for me!! Grrrr!! Hopefully maybe closer to Christmas there will be something.

I ordered my C. Kua from Ken at Victory Golf.
I am due to get it in a couple of weeks.
I will post a quick review when I get some range and play time with it.

i believe that is where OEM did his c. kua business as well. he said the experience was great. good luck with everything.

Yep got mine done by the same place and same guy. He was great to work with and did a great job too.

Bought mine from Ken as well. I love it in my Super Tri, the ease of swinging the club with this shaft is fantastic. Distances are in the same range for me but the important part is that the dispersion rate is tight, which is what I was seeking.

Bought mine from Ken as well. I love it in my Super Tri, the ease of swinging the club with this shaft is fantastic. Distances are in the same range for me but the important part is that the dispersion rate is tight, which is what I was seeking.

Which one did you go with? 59g or lighter?

How are you liking the new setup OEM?

How are you liking the new setup OEM?

Huge difference in feel. Love the shorter shaft too. Not sure about distance loss or gain just yet.

Back