What hole is your demon hole?

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
We all have it..... That one hole that eats your dinner everytime you play it..... It makes you fall victam with its bogey, double dogey, and sometimes that oh so wonderful 12 (TC):banana:. So.... What hole eats your dinner? Which hole are you cursed on?

The very first one. I think its all in the mind anyways...the first hole is where everyone lines up to tee off, so all the pressure is on you to well on that very first hole :)

Mine is #16 at Meadowood GC. (my home course).

Par 5 - 607 yds long, the last 165 yds goes up about 75 feet in elevation to a crazy 3 tiered green that is a real bear if the pin is front left.
A big bunker protects most of the front of the green, and if you go a little long, you will get stuck in the long rough above the green.
This hole almost always plays into the prevailing winds off the mountain to the south.

Par is a great score on this hole. I've made more bogeys and doubles there than I can even remember over the last 15 years.
I did birdie it last week for the first time in 3 years. I'm sure it will be another 3 years before that happens again.

Hole 4 of my home course. 135 yard par 3. Bunker left, bunker right, water in front. You can miss long, but the green slopes downward terribly from that angle and it's impossible to hold the green on your next shot if you go over (say hello to bogey and double bogey). I am usually even or one over at worst going into that hole, and usually +2 to +3 when I head to #5 tee box.

Hole 5 at my (sort of) home course. Par 3 165-185 yds, depending on the pin and the tee. Big ravine to carry, trees left, right, and behind the green. If you miss, you are looking at a fiver.

#8 at Stoneybrook East (the road hole). Par 5, trouble right b/c of busy road that runs the length of the hole. Water carry at tee. Bunkers left and right. Half island green. TC, Uncle Daddy, One-T, Calebt17, and SethO have played this with me. What a biotch of a hole.

Home course... Number 8. 340 yard par four, and for some reason, I ALWAYS pull my 3 wood off the tee.

Two tiered green completely wrapped by bunkers, narrow fairway.. It's just an annoying hole haha.

The Par 3, 8th hole at my home course Longwood. The hole is only 86yds but I ALWAYS overcook the damn thing and end up either in this God awful pot bunker that puts me 6' below the hole or at the backside of the green of the 7th that is adjacent to the 8th's to the right.

I don't think in the two years I've been playing this hole I've ever gotten out of there with anything less than a double bogey. Late in the summer, the sun fried the green so they closed the hole and I can tell you I was the only person ever doing the "Dance of Joy" for a burnt green.

#8 at Stoneybrook East (the road hole). Par 5, trouble right b/c of busy road that runs the length of the hole. Water carry at tee. Bunkers left and right. Half island green. TC, Uncle Daddy, One-T, Calebt17, and SethO have played this with me. What a biotch of a hole.

You are correct, sir.

#3 at my "Home" course.

464 yard straight away par 4. Fairway narrows at 250 out to about 20 yards wide. Hit a great drive and you are left 190-200 yards uphill to the green perched behind a big ravine and a huge overhanging tree on the right side that blocks a large portion of the green if your tee-shot is on the right side of the fairway. If you don't want to carry the ravine the lay up leaves you 110 yards in, otherwise you play into a shallow but wide green lined with 2 levels of bunkers.

Yuck. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

#1 at a course I don't play to often called North Creek.
I'm not sure the exact distance but its par 4 about 315 yards. Big lake in front of the green and running to the right side of the whole hole OB to the left. Medium sized two tiered green with hills behind the green covered in thick rough. I've only played it 4 times but I've only bogeyed it twice the other times were a triple and a double. No blowups yet.

#7 at the local course here, 431 yard par 4, line of trees to the right so if I miss right (which I almost always do) I either have to chip back or try to hit that miracle shot (which I almost always do) then end up in worse trouble. Once you get to the green it's at a slope so there are no easy putts. I think my best score on that hole has been a 6 which was a miracle.

#9 at my course is a 516 yard par five, dogleg right. The dogleg is at a distance that with the "right" shot I can clear the tree tops and hit the fairway, and put myself in position to possibly be on in 2. My usual miss is a slice, so I allow for it on this hole and set up for it. One of two things happens... I either hit a dead straight drive into the unguarded driver ranger that borders the left side of the hole, or more commonly I over cook the slice and end up in the fairway of #1 which is OB.

I have birdied the hole once, never parred it, one bogey, and more doubles than I care to remember. We won't talk about the number of 8's, 9's, and 10's I've carded on it!

The 3rd hole at our old home course was a par 3 island hole it was all water and no matter how well I was playing I ALWAYS went into the water. I have never made it over that damn water. I will need to play there again and finally conquer that hole. Just thinking about it makes me angry haha.

The 3rd hole at our old home course was a par 3 island hole it was all water and no matter how well I was playing I ALWAYS went into the water. I have never made it over that damn water. I will need to play there again and finally conquer that hole. Just thinking about it makes me angry haha.

How about three in the water on one hole, lol. It was unluck hole three today and it eat me alive. Drive didn't go in, but might as well have because it was in the rocks. Second shot duffed to the edge, no shot, fourth short right... back in. I pulled a TC, haha. With bogey on that hole I would have shot a respectable, for me, 42.

#16 and 17 at the Champions course at PGA National but I will have my revenge come May!!! :banana:

Mine is #5 at a course called Willow Lake. It's not a hard hole. It's a 300 yard par 4. But for some reason I always ruin my score on it. I'll either hook it into the trees, or into the water, or something stupid like that.

Hole #5... and it does not matter where I play... yardage, par, design... all irrelevant...

I was looking at my scorecards from last 12 rounds... on every card, after 4 holes my worst score 1 over and that was only on 2 of the 12... I always get out to great starts... and then #5 is a blow up hole... every single card, lowest score was 8... it has to be something mental but hole #5 makes me its b*tch every single time.

#13 at Ravenwood. (my home course) 300 yard par 4, straight, easy hole. 175 yard tee shot to carry a pond off the tee and I always either catch the tree overhanging the tee or try to power through and top spin it. Either way, I wind up in the water.

I finally parred the sucker last weekend but have still not fully overcome the mental mojo this hole has on me.

#9 at my course is a 516 yard par five, dogleg right. The dogleg is at a distance that with the "right" shot I can clear the tree tops and hit the fairway, and put myself in position to possibly be on in 2. My usual miss is a slice, so I allow for it on this hole and set up for it. One of two things happens... I either hit a dead straight drive into the unguarded driver ranger that borders the left side of the hole, or more commonly I over cook the slice and end up in the fairway of #1 which is OB.

I have birdied the hole once, never parred it, one bogey, and more doubles than I care to remember. We won't talk about the number of 8's, 9's, and 10's I've carded on it!

It seems kind of weird to quote myself, but here goes anyway! At the risk of jinxing myself... I have kicked my demons hiney!

I have played this hole 6 times in the last three days. My worst score on it was bogey. While I didn't manage a bird, I parred it the other 5 times. WOO HOO for me!! I have managed to straighten up my driver a fair bit in the last week or so. For the record my course is a 9-hole operation, so I get to have at it twice a round!

My home course, hole # 16. It will ruin a good back nine in a hurry. It's a 430ish dogleg left par 4. The left side of the fairway is protected by a bunker, and trees to prevent you from cutting the corner. To play the hole "right", you have to use a utility or wood to layup in the middle/right side of the fairway, as the dogleg is only about 200-215 yards out, depending on your line. After a PERFECTLY placed tee shot, you're still left with a 200-230 yard approach shot to a small, steeply sloped green. Land it anywhere but short, and you'll have a hard time keeping it on the green with your pitch/chip shot. Needless to say, a bad tee or second shot will easily leave you with a guaranteed bogey, possible triple if you're not careful.

AHH, I hate that hole just thinking about it. I've never even pared it.

My home course - first par 3 - ob right simple 165-185 yd - I ALWAYS push my 7 iron up the right side and it's in a bunker or it bounces off the side of the hill surrounding the treen and I have a tricky recovery shot up to the green and sometimes I even lose one ob. Frustrating as all he'll, played it 20 times this year never par'd

#8 at Rolling Hills. It's a short little muni track that you don't have to hit driver on unless you want to reach the Par 5's in two.
Anywho, This hole kills me, 340 down hill, narrow.......very very narrow with a public street running down the whole right side. I either hit a bomb down there or hit it O.B. Well today was O.B twice for a SMOOTH 8. I don't know what it is, but this hole and this course just bothers me.

#10 Par 4 @ Forest Heights Country Club in Statesboro, GA. There is a little pond on left side that runs about 275-345 so even my best drives can't clear it. The pond seems to be a magnet for my ball. I usually play scrambles there but its seldom I hit the fairway with driver.... maybe 3 out 15 tries. I don't have best attitude going into that hole. I guess I could play smart and try hit 3wd or hybrid but that wouldn't be any fun in a scramble.

Right now PAR 5's are killing me. I cant hit my driver so it makes PAR 5's more like PAR 7's. Eating me alive.

Back