adidas Golf Announces New Golf Bags

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

adidas Golf has unveiled its 2011 golf bag collection: a line-up of five game-changing new bags set to enhance the experience and performance for the golfer. In typical adidas Golf fashion, golfers who choose to stash their clubs inside an iconic three-stripe bag will not be disappointed in the vibrant and colorful style.

Available immediately at retail, the collection is comprised of four stand bags, a cart bag and a Sergio Garcia-inspired staff bag. All bags have been designed with the same passion and meticulous attention to detail that have made adidas Golf an industry leader in performance apparel and footwear.

"Golfers have enough to think about when they are one the course and we believe the performance of their golf bag shouldn't be one of them," said Jose Miraflor, Director of Product Marketing for Accessories. "This year's new collection is unprecedented for the company in that it boasts the highest level of technology, detail, style and performance all for the consumer's benefit of enhanced durability, quality and enhancement of play."

The hero stand bag that represents the best combination of style and functionality is the new STRIKE aG Stand Bag. Offered in three different color options, the STRIKE aG weighs less than five pounds yet is loaded with storage space and delivers in all possible areas of performance. For the golfer who wants an even lighter bag, the UNIVERSITY stand bag weighs less than four pounds but without sacrificing storage or benefits that will allow for simpler and smarter walking. Also back in the line this year is the popular CLUTCH, a stand bag optimized for the walker or the riding golfer.

Set to become the new standard in cart bags is the new APPROACH bag. Weighing less than five pounds, the APPROACH is offered in three color ways, has a 14-way top, integrated putter tube and smartly placed pockets which allow the golfer to access all pockets when strapped onto a cart.

The 2011 line also features a Sergio Garcia-inspired staff bag. After donning this one-off all white with three black stripes staff bag in Augusta two years ago, Garcia made the decision to carry this bag year round making it one of the most sought after staff bags in recent memory. The company has also created the aG Tour stand bag - a smaller and more practical replica of Sergio's iconic staff bag.

Returning to all cart and stand bags this year is the company's patented FAS-TEK (Fast Action Snap Technology) a seamless way for golfers to access important accessories such as GPS, rangefinders, phones, cigar holders and other valuables without having to dig through cluttered pockets during a round.

With the separate purchase of one of six Fast Action Snap Technology cases, golfers can quickly and easily affix these accessories onto corresponding rivets which line the outside of all of the new 2011 bag models.

Other technological benefits found in this year's bag offerings include:

Anti-Fatigue Strap System
Ultra durable and ergonomically designed four-point strap system with continuous webbing delivers a lower effective weight for proper distribution and fit, ensuring a stronger and less fatigued golfer through all 18 holes.

Crush-Resistant Construction
Utilizing four fiberglass stays and nylon ring, the adidas Approach cart bag is now crush-resistant. This integrated internal system provides a new degree of resiliency that allows the Approach to snap back into its original shape if accidentally damaged in regular play or if heavy objects are placed on the bag in the trunk of a car. .

Standardized Pocket Heights
All adidas Golf bags (stand and cart) have pocket heights standardized to a maximum of 28.5" to allow for access when the bag is strapped into a golf cart. This is just another detail to enhance the golfing experience for the consumer.

Structured Base
The structured nylon base is not designed for beauty of for saving weight. Rather, all adidas Golf bags were designed for supreme durability and with extra grip and non-slip properties. Competitors may overlook these details, while adidas Golf continues to deliver tangible benefits to golfers.

Stitching and Construction
The bottom cuff of every bag features a binding for a clean and fray-free finish as well as a stronger attachment of materials. Unlike some competitive bags, all adidas Golf bags feature double-stitched seams which enable the bag to hold up even under the most stressful conditions.

Full line-up of 2011 cart and stand bags:

Strike aG Stand
A full featured stand bag that delivers in all possible areas of performance, the Strike aG stand bag has a spot for everything the golfer will need on the course, from a pen to an umbrella and everything in between. Sturdy and fully loaded for the serious player.

Convenient and sturdy top handle
EVA Foam ergonomically correct shoulder straps with velour lining
Seven total pockets
Insulated water bottle sleeve
Foam padded hip pad with air flow channel for maximum comfort
Anti-slip actuator on base of bag for increased stability
Umbrella slot
External pen slot
Three FAS-TEK receivers
Available in 4 colors
4.3 lbs

Approach Cart
Designed to satisfy the convenience and organizational needs of the player while also maintaining a lightweight and classic silhouette.

Lightweight Diamond Matte Nylon Construction
Pull-cart compatible
Integrated front side handles for putting on and off a cart
Eight total pockets including dual velour lined valuables pockets
Integrated putter tube
Large cooler pocket with drainage ports
Integrated umbrella holder
External pen slot
Three FAS-TEK receivers
Available in 4 colors
4.9 lbs

Tour aG Staff Bag:
Inspired by the world's most demanding athletes, the Tour aG Staff bag must meet the requirements of Tour professionals worldwide. This golf bag is more than a piece of equipment - its an iconic statement that reinforces the adidas brand's position as the leader in golf gear for the uncompromising.

Brushed PU synthetic leather construction
Six-way velour-lined top with full-length dividers
Six pockets include velour-lined valuables pocket
TPR rubber feet
10.6 lbs

aG Tour Stand
Inspired by the finishes and luxury of the adidas Golf staff bag, the aG Tour stand bag delivers a strong yet understated aesthetic, while working flawlessly within the athlete's expectations for on-course performance adaptability and usability.

Staff bag look in a stand bag construction
Synthetic PU and 600 denier nylon construction
Six-way neoprene-lined top with full-length shaft dividers
Six pockets include velour-lined valuables pocket
Insulated water bottle sleeve
New ultra-light stand and base system
TPR weld adidas brand-mark logo application
6.5 lbs.

University Stand
For the athlete who relishes the walk, who pushes to perform better in all conditions, the University by adidas Golf is the ultimate in performance specifications and performance styling. Improved manufacturing processes resulted in a streamlined 3.9 pound bag, including all the subtle convenience features that make the walk simpler and easier.

Convenient and sturdy top handle
EVA Foam ergonomically correct shoulder straps with velour lining
Lightweight Diamond Matte Nylon Construction
Streamlined design makes the bag the optimal walking bag
Six total pockets including insulated water bottle sleeve
Velour lined valuables pouch with internal key clip
Foam padded hip pad with air flow channel for maximum comfort
Anti-slip actuator on base of bag for increased stability
Umbrella slot
Three FAS-TEK receivers
Available in 2 colors
3.9 lbs.

Clutch Stand
The best value full featured performance golf bag on the market, the aptly named Clutch will not let you down in the heat of competition. With exactly the right number of dividers, pockets and accessory features, the Clutch is optimized for the walker or the rider.

EVA ergonomically correct shoulder straps with velour lining
Lightweight ripstop nylon construction
Six-way top with full length dividers
Five total pockets including insulated water bottle sleeve
One FAS-TEK receiver
Available in 5 colors
4.5 lbs.

2027534.jpg

2027537.jpg

2027539.jpg

2027551.jpg

2027554.jpg

do I see another addition to the cart bag collection?

• Admin
You mean staff bags....hehe

Yes, NO QUESTION! I have been waiting for this one for 2 years.

ugh, yes staff bag. no coffee yet. I think that staff bag is cool because it looks like one of their shoes

• Admin
ugh, yes staff bag. no coffee yet. I think that staff bag is cool because it looks like one of their shoes

Yeah, its the one that Sergio has been using for a while. It appeared as though it was a custom and not available to consumers...UNTIL Now! I cant wait.

Thats a very nice looking bag. The staff bag that is.

indeed. i've been looking for a new bag for quite some time now and damn, that staff bag is really nice!!

i like the white stand bag myself, and the white, black, and blue one.

lol @ JB on the phone right now, making frantic phone calls trying to score that bag for himself.

Loving the top one, white. I wonder how many dividers it has. If that number is right, I may have to get one

First 2 bags (white) are great, the rest are just so-so if you ask me. Not that anyone was asking me, but I'm just saying. The white staff bag is bad ass, plain and simple!

I really like the look of the top two white bags.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

First 2 bags (white) are great, the rest are just so-so if you ask me. Not that anyone was asking me, but I'm just saying. The white staff bag is bad ass, plain and simple!

I care I care. fo real, I am with you, I dont like "loud" golf bags with tons of things going on. Just plain and simple. If I wanted a rainbow I would borrow Hanks belt

I care I care. fo real, I am with you, I dont like "loud" golf bags with tons of things going on. Just plain and simple. If I wanted a rainbow I would borrow Hanks belt

I'm the same way. Though I loved the bag we got JB at the outing.

Loving the top one, white. I wonder how many dividers it has. If that number is right, I may have to get one

Six full length dividers.

agtourstandbag_top_2011_h.jpg

Last edited:
I'm the same way. Though I loved the bag we got JB at the outing.

I wouldnt say a staff bag is loud though, and the bags above were not loud, I guess I could have worded that different, I just want a clean looking golf bag.

I must have the white staff bag ! :banghead:

lmao....

I wouldnt say a staff bag is loud though, and the bags above were not loud, I guess I could have worded that different, I just want a clean looking golf bag.

I guess I would say the Srixon bag was a bit more more busy that than I would normally go for. If I were ever to get a white bag, I know my first trip on the course it would fall off the cart into a big mud puddle or something like that.

lmao at your avatar dude! is that romo giving the kicker "the shower" treatment?

i still have no desire for a staff/cart bag. does that mean i'm not a serious golfer?

lmao at your avatar dude! is that romo giving the kicker "the shower" treatment?

i still have no desire for a staff/cart bag. does that mean i'm not a serious golfer?

yes, it's about time you get serious. I would like a staff bag, but it would not be a good fit for me seeing as I walk most of the time.

yes, it's about time you get serious. I would like a staff bag, but it would not be a good fit for me seeing as I walk most of the time.

why not get the staff bag and one of those clic gear pull cart things?

Back