Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

first off, i think it's awesome that a THP'er has the chance to win these irons and here's why:

they are, hands down, the most wonderful iron i've ever hit. i've hit a bunch but these just stand out to me as the best for a few reasons. they flat out perform, they are attractive, the feel phenomenal, and they are stupid long. i've now logged 2 rounds of golf and at least 10 range sessions with them and i love them more and more every time out. some may think that i am in awe b/c i am a guy who previously gamed the X22's, and that surely, the burner 2.0's are better than those and surely they feel better than those. well, the three sets of irons i gamed previously were all forged irons (nike cci forged, mizuno mx 25, and the ping i3 forged) so i know what forged irons feel like, how they perform, how to work the ball left, right, high, low with them and the burner 2.0's blow them all out of the water. as a 5.1 hcp'er i take my game somewhat seriously. of course the back 9 at the palmer course would dispute that, but that was just a shocking 9 holes for me, but hey, that's golf.

i can undisputably say that the 2.0's are in the bag for a long, long time. i'm still adjusting to the actual length of the club as well as the yardage increase i'm seeing per club but that's to be expected. i've played 2 rounds with them and shot a 77 and an 80 and am still struggling to know what to hit from 150 yards!!! i also love the 3 iron, so much that it kicked my hybrid out of the bag and is seriously threatening my 3wood. if taylormade had a 2 iron available, i'd have it! it's a freaking missile launcher. i swear, any par 4 that's 400 yards or shorter i'll be hitting the 3 iron off the tee. according to my gps i'm averaging a ridiculous 233 yards with a 3 iron!!!!

point is, i'm a believer, and fortunately, taylormade has made an iron that looks awesome at address, feels wonderful at contact, and literally inspires confidence. i am in love!
Wow dude, that is awesome. I don't know if anyone else can sit her like I can right now and say, yep, I know exactly what you're saying. I do, EXACTLY. Great shooting buddy!!

Little birdie just came into my office.

He said "I think we should give away a set of 2.0's"

Do you guys agree with him?

Awesome bird!

Wow dude, that is awesome. I don't know if anyone else can sit her like I can right now and say, yep, I know exactly what you're saying. I do, EXACTLY. Great shooting buddy!!

ironically, i thought the same thing when reading your write up. i hate to sound repetitive at this point but i have to tell ya, these irons just blow me away. i can't believe how much i like them to tell you the truth. a month ago, you'd have to shoot me to get my 22's out of my hands. goes to show that you just never know.

TC, what is your SS and what flex shaft do you have in your 2.0's? Is it the stock shaft that came with them? Just curious. I am really interested in these.

Little birdie just came into my office.

He said "I think we should give away a set of 2.0's"

Do you guys agree with him?

unless they're LH, yes!

haha good one hanks! what a wonderful opportunity for someone! i swear you'll be blown away, and i am a little surprised that only a few people seem to be excited about this upcoming announcement.

That birdie is very smart. I thought I heard the birdie say just give it to Chunky

That birdie is very smart. I thought I heard the birdie say just give it to Chunky

...or give it to the guy that inexplicably lost the next morning in fantasy football to Chunky. :D

(Sorry dude, I'm playing the sympathy card)

...or give it to the guy that inexplicably lost the next morning in fantasy football to Chunky. :D

(Sorry dude, I'm playing the sympathy card)

Well I'm about to lose tonight so I get sympathy too :crying:

Gotta say the more I read this thread the more excited I get about giving these irons a try next season. I've had my slingshots for 6 years now and have never really bonded with them (never got fit for anything). I got to swing a friends 09 Burners this year and they felt really nice but the change to the 2.0's sounds like exactly what I need to turn the page next year in my game.

Not to have this thread become a love fest but I could not agree more with TC and Puttin4bird. I love these irons. The ball flight can only be described as penetratingly high but not balloning and I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but these might be really long.... The feedback you get from these irons is great. Mishits still get great distance but you know exactly where you mishit on the face. Whoever wins the irons will be a lucky lucky man.

That little birdie can live in my house! I absolutely agree with him!!!!!!! Those TM 2.0 would look great replacing my 7 yr old Nike slingshots!!!!!!

Nope. That little birdie distinctly said "Give'm to Canio!"

haha good one hanks! what a wonderful opportunity for someone! i swear you'll be blown away, and i am a little surprised that only a few people seem to be excited about this upcoming announcement.

You and me both. You'd think just about everyone but three of us would be excited.

Anyone hit the 2.0 3 and 4-irons? If so, how are they?

There are 4-5 detailed posts about both of those irons by the 5 testers that received this set of irons in this thread.

I believe there are a few references to the 3 and 4 irons in this thread. Some users are replacing hybrids with these they're so good

I believe there are a few references to the 3 and 4 irons in this thread. Some users are replacing hybrids with these they're so good

yeah, i love the 3iron! so much that it kicked my 18* machspeed hybrid out of the bag. it's stupid long, easy to hit, and much more accurate (for me). i used it a lot yesterday when playing with uncle daddy and usually hit it past his drive! it's kind of dumbfounding. played a par 5 yesterday that was 452 yards, dog leg left, up hill. i hit the 3 iron off the tee and a 4 iron on the green. no joke.

TC- PGA Drug Testing on Line 2. that is some sick distance man!
yeah, i love the 3iron! so much that it kicked my 18* machspeed hybrid out of the bag. it's stupid long, easy to hit, and much more accurate (for me). i used it a lot yesterday when playing with uncle daddy and usually hit it past his drive! it's kind of dumbfounding. played a par 5 yesterday that was 452 yards, dog leg left, up hill. i hit the 3 iron off the tee and a 4 iron on the green. no joke.

dude, thats awesome. Here comes the hard part of figuring out those distances. You are going to have to just start aiming for the front of the greens, cause a flushed ball is going to carry more than your used to. This has been my problem since picking up the sport.

I can't wait to hear the details of this contest.

Spoiler
Oh, and I am mancrushing on your length, TC.

dude, thats awesome. Here comes the hard part of figuring out those distances. You are going to have to just start aiming for the front of the greens, cause a flushed ball is going to carry more than your used to. This has been my problem since picking up the sport.

yeah, i still am not sure what to hit from certain yardages. for example, yesterday we were playing a par 3, that according to the onpar was 191 to the front of the green and the pin was on the front. after some dileberation i pulled a 5 iron, which use to be my 185 club with the 22's. i hit, the ball was a little left of the flag and we never saw it come down on the green. i thought that maybe it went into the bunker. when we get up there my ball was about 10 yards past the green in the rough. pretty cool but pretty frustrating.

heck, you've seen me hit that 3 iron, it's nasty!

I can't wait to hear the details of this contest.

Spoiler
Oh, and I am mancrushing on your length, TC.

it's not me hawk, it's the 2.0's for sure.

TC I have had the same experiences with the 2.0, I'm starting to get pretty close the more I play them but it has really shown me how important it is to have your distances nailed down with each iron. People I normally play with used to be able to judge what to hit based on what I'd hit, my dad for example was always 1 full club shorter than me so he'd base his shots off that, now he's just as messed up as I am. Pretty funny. We'll get there, just takes more playing with them!

yeah, i still am not sure what to hit from certain yardages. for example, yesterday we were playing a par 3, that according to the onpar was 191 to the front of the green and the pin was on the front. after some dileberation i pulled a 5 iron, which use to be my 185 club with the 22's. i hit, the ball was a little left of the flag and we never saw it come down on the green. i thought that maybe it went into the bunker. when we get up there my ball was about 10 yards past the green in the rough. pretty cool but pretty frustrating.

heck, you've seen me hit that 3 iron, it's nasty!

yes I have and yes you are....frnt pin placement I would have made you hit a 6 iron. I am telling you that you are the same distance as me now...enjoy!

it's not me hawk, it's the 2.0's for sure.

hilarious....nobody wants a life size shrek anyway

TC I have had the same experiences with the 2.0, I'm starting to get pretty close the more I play them but it has really shown me how important it is to have your distances nailed down with each iron. People I normally play with used to be able to judge what to hit based on what I'd hit, my dad for example was always 1 full club shorter than me so he'd base his shots off that, now he's just as messed up as I am. Pretty funny. We'll get there, just takes more playing with them!

he could just use that really really nice Onpar GPS you won! hehe

Back