Opinion on Colored Golf Gloves....

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
Looking back at videos and pictures of the 60's and 70's it looked to be a popular thing to coordinate what you were wearing with your golf glove. Now a days its strange to see someone use anything other that a white glove. I know some companies have mostly white colored glove that have a few accent colors if you want to spice it up a little.

Most recently is Charley Hoffman using a green glove with custom Footjoys with his sponsor Waste Management and the looked worked for me.
However when players are doing this the rest of their outfit matches. I'm all about color coordinating anything in a golf outfit but I haven't went as far a colored glove. I don't think I ever will.

Then you have Ricky Barnes.... he is out there to me to begin with. I saw he was wearing a green glove during The Masters and I get that. If you saw him yesterday during The Heritage his outfit looked fine until his glove. A dark brown glove that didn't go with anything. WTH? Did they run out of toilet paper?

I don't know what it is with the glove but that was worse than some of the things Daly has wore. What is the deal with the brown glove?

Last edited:
I've only worn black gloves and white golf gloves. I did wear a pair of blue batting gloves in a pinch since the store was out of golf gloves and I was golfing the next day.

My wife has worn pink gloves and light blue gloves as well as white.

I use white mainly, black sometimes.. the Loudmouth gloves are kinda cool

Only white for me. I do own a pair of the cold weather gloves and I think they are black, but rarely use them.

When I use a glove it is mostly white because I use one mostly in the summer to fight sweaty hands. White makes more sense than black in the summer.

white only for me, but to each his own

I got a brown glove free when I ordered something once. I have never worn it. I would wear a colored glove if I had the right out fit

The brown definitely looks a bit odd on RB. I have some Mizzie rain gloves that are navy-ish. I like the color, but most of all, I like that they are forged.

Don't forget Tommy "Two Gloves".

I think he had Blue/White gloves on this weekend.

The brown definitely looks a bit odd on RB. I have some Mizzie rain gloves that are navy-ish. I like the color, but most of all, I like that they are forged.

Now that's funny right there.

I used to wear the FJ Spider glove that was black & gray and freaking awesome. Since then, just white. Not for any real reason except that I am a sweaty, hot natured SOB and avoid dark colors on the course except cold days.

i bought a TM Burner white with 2 red fingers glove as i needed something quick, wore it for a round and iits been in the bag ever since

I've only worn white myself, hand gets hot enough with a glove on don't need to compound that by wearing a darker color.

I wear white gloves most of the time. Black when the weather is cooler.

I think matching the glove is a little too extreme. That brown glove looks awful as well.

Only white for me. Some of the FootJoy gloves have a little color in them and that doesn't bother me, but for some reason solid color gloves other than white do.

I wear a pair of Nike all weather gloves, they are black and grey. Color doesn't really bother me. I want to get a pair of Loudmouth gloves... That would be sweet

Mostly white for my gloves. Sometimes they have some other colors mixed in there.

My weather gloves are black.

That Brown glove is UGLY.. Wht/ or Blk gloves, thats all I've used

Feel is mostly sound anyway.........I love my cast Ping glove.....LOL

But are they buttery soft forged workability?

I have no problem with different colored gloves, or with colorful golf attire in general. I dig it when players show their personalities and don't look and act like a bunch of clones. I like Charley Hoffman's green glove and shoes, and even his beach mullet. :) I am with you on the brown glove, however; that's tough to match up. I did notice Jim Furyk was sporting some sweet khaki-colored adidas spikes with white stripes one round at The Heritage, along with khaki pants and white shirt with khaki trim. Anyway, I digress ... :)

Back