3. Luke Donald
4. Phil Mickelson
5. Graeme McDowell
6. Tiger Woods
7. Rory McIlroy
8. Paul Casey
9. Steve Stricker
10. Matt Kuchar

Wow some big changes this week! Martin drops to second,Westwood retakes number one on his win in Jakarta.The biggest story this week is Donald choking in the 3 hole playoff and not taking over the number one spot.

I am surprised that TW is in 6th place. I would have thought much lower.

I would say the biggest story is that we were told for the entire "offseason" that the PGA Tour this year was the year of the Euro.

18 Tour events, 12 won by U.S. players.

Not sure if we are just so used to TW dominance that having things such as 12 of 18 is looked at as not playing well for a country.

How is Stricker still in the top ten, has he played more than 3 events this year?

In what way DD?

Again, I just thought he would continue to slid further and further down the rankings, not much happening for him to keep him from falling more and more it seems.

The OWGR are based on a 2 year period, and during that time span, Tiger and Steve Stricker still have the most wins....BUT over the next few months Tigers wins will be dropping off and unless he picks it up, he will fall out of the top 10!

This is going to be real interesting to follow this year and I bet it will bounce up and down over the season.

What has two thumbs and kicks ass?

This guy:

Spoiler
1DSC02719b.jpg

What has two thumbs and kicks ass?

This guy:

Spoiler
1DSC02719b.jpg

Hmmmm. He looks like a guy that plays for the Durham Bulls. Makes sense.

Don't hate, he's #1. I'm bringing you a huge #1 foam finger to walk around wearing at the outing.

Don't hate, he's #1. I'm bringing you a huge #1 foam finger to walk around wearing at the outing.

Only if its the middle finger.

I dont hate...I hate the system. Playing the sunbelt league and winning is not really the same and should be recognized that way.

And Mr. Prediction....The Year of the Euro? 18 tournaments down...

Look at that, he hit the ____ing bull! Guy gets a free steak!

Only if its the middle finger.

I dont hate...I hate the system. Playing the sunbelt league and winning is not really the same and should be recognized that way.

And Mr. Prediction....The Year of the Euro? 18 tournaments down...

It's the year of the Euro on the European Tour dude :bulgy-eyes:

Somebody had to go that route. It's a long year? I dunno. It's like Lee Westwood is the MVP of the NBA D league, haha! What a vag.

It's the year of the Euro on the European Tour dude :bulgy-eyes:

Somebody had to go that route. It's a long year? I dunno. It's like Lee Westwood is the MVP of the NBA D league, haha! What a vag.

He played really well. Its kind of like when someone like David Ortiz (picked for similar build) is playing in the minors for rehab. :alien:

Was just coming in to make a similar comment. It does feel kinda cheap the way toothie retook the crown.....but I guess it's not as though Kaymer and Luuuke have been making him earn it.

Yeah I'm still surprised to see tiger in 6th, but he's also got a couple top 5s in the last 2 years at majors. So he won't disappear completely if I'm right?

But it was recognised. If LD won, he'd still have jumped 2 places and leapfrogged Westwood (no mean feat for a man of his stature). So the ranking points were quite clearly loaded in the favour of the US event.

I think the amount of new winners on the PGA this year might be clouding some people's judgement when they're saying the US isn't keeping up. The Euros seem to be standing out for one reason or another, but there have been some solid wins by inexperienced US players this season. That's got to be good for the future of the tour and the entertainment level!

Last edited:
I would say the biggest story is that we were told for the entire "offseason" that the PGA Tour this year was the year of the Euro.

18 Tour events, 12 won by U.S. players.

Not sure if we are just so used to TW dominance that having things such as 12 of 18 is looked at as not playing well for a country.

Well perhaps when 90% of that Tour is made up of US players? 66% not so great when put into that context.

Think I'm right that Lee got just 20 pts for his win this week, so the events are graded according to status. Majors get 100 for example.

Hope that helps with how things work.

It's Westwood's second chance to have a short tenure on top of the world.

It's Westwood's second chance to have a short tenure on top of the world.

Ironically, his 1st tenure was longer than Kaymer's. Why don't you call Kaymer a joke or a choker? Lee may only show up for 3 days at Augusta but at least he makes the cut.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Ironically, his 1st tenure was longer than Kaymer's. Why don't you call Kaymer a joke or a choker? Lee may only show up for 3 days at Augusta but at least he makes the cut.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!
This isn't about Kaymer, but Westwood, who was a joke at #1 the first time around and now regains the #1 ranking winning a silly event. The entire system is flawed and really doesn't mean a thing. If Kaymer and Westwood show up at an event, the Masters aside :D, Kaymer is my favorite hands down.

In fact, I'll wager a 20 from this week on until December 31, any event they play head to head, whoever has the most $ at the end of the year wins...I'll take Kaymer and you get Westwood.

This isn't about Kaymer, but Westwood, who was a joke at #1 the first time around and now regains the #1 ranking winning a silly event. The entire system is flawed and really doesn't mean a thing. If Kaymer and Westwood show up at an event, the Masters aside :D, Kaymer is my favorite hands down.

In fact, I'll wager a 20 from this week on until December 31, any event they play head to head, whoever has the most $ at the end of the year wins...I'll take Kaymer and you get Westwood.

I think the system sucks too, in fact, I've always said that, but it is what it is. Does Westwood schedule events that may be favorable to him in order to succeed in this system? Probably. But that's good management if you want my opinion.

I don't gamble money. I use to have a problem.

I think the system sucks too, in fact, I've always said that, but it is what it is. Does Westwood schedule events that may be favorable to him in order to succeed in this system? Probably. But that's good management if you want my opinion.

I don't gamble money. I use to have a problem.
How about a beer then? :)

I think guys that have status for the most part play events that suit them, aside from majors. I always thought that way about Tiger. If you play a limited schedule, why not choose events that suit you more? Makes perfect sense to me.

How about a beer then? :)

I think guys that have status for the most part play events that suit them, aside from majors. I always thought that way about Tiger. If you play a limited schedule, why not choose events that suit you more? Makes perfect sense to me.

It does make sense, but I have no doubt that Lee's manager chooses events that help them manipulate the system. From a business stand point, it's smart (hence all the logos on his shirts haha) but from a competitive standpoint, it's pretty lame.

Being the Westwood homer that I am, I think a nice little beer bet would be fun.

Back