Testing Irons for THP

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last month THP launched an iron set and testing thread that was incredibly fun for all the participants, and rewarding for consumers looking for feedback on a new set of irons. If you have not seen that thread and the testing, it can be found here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...9-Taylormade-Burner-2.0-Irons-amp-THP-Testing

Well, we decided we are going to do it again. We are going to test a pre-release iron set coming up next month and want to invite people to take part in the festivities.

We cannot release much of the details other than we are going to be looking for between 5-10 testers and it will be their job to test the irons and post their continued progress and findings for the readers to see.

Each tester will receive a set of irons brand new custom fit to their specs and they will receive them ahead of the release date. We take the testing seriously and because of that have certain criteria to qualify for this particular club test.

Criteria
For this particular product testing we are looking for golfers that have a handicap of 15 or less.
You must be RH due to availability of pre-launch equipment.
You must be able to play golf through the months of December & January (either on course, simulator, or range).
You must be located in the USA.
You must be over the age of 18.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them. If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions.

1. What is your handicap?
2. What is your current set of irons?
3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement)

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. We cannot wait to announce more news and more info about the products being involved in this, but testers will have to be selected in the next couple of weeks to get proper specs ordered.

Fantastic opportunity for some folks. This is something that is way more involved than just getting free irons. This is huge news and speaks volumes about thp's place as a multimedia outlet in the golfing community.

Good luck to all those who put their name in the hat.

Dang.... over 18..... *sigh*

Count me in !! I would love to be part of this.
I have indoor facilities available (HD sim) and I also can drive a bit to get to warm enough areas to play.

1. What is your handicap? 3.1
2. What is your current set of irons? Callaway X-20 Tour
3. Do you have an iron preference? No...I play what feels good when I try them out at purchase time.

Thank you for your consideration!!

WOW what an opportunity!!! Good luck to those that put in for this. I can't wait to read what they are and see pictures.

Oh baby would I love to get in on this
1)handicap: 10
2)current set: G15's
3)preference: none really. Loved playing blades and I love playing the G15's.

I would love this opportunity. I would be able to do range or find a simulator during the winter months, even though that's not the same as being out on a course.

1)11
2) Ping i10
3) Game Improvement, but I could dip in to a players cavity type of iron

1. handicap? 12
2. current set of irons? Taylormade Burner XD
3. iron preference? players cavity

Guys please make sure to read the criteria beforehand. Thanks.

Can canadians play too if they help with the shipping? or is it due to release locations?

scratch that..nvm dont scratch that. simulators available.

Can canadians play too if they help with the shipping? or is it due to release locations?

It does not have anything to do with shipping costs. We dont make all the rules, the company has selected certain things as criteria and we will abide by them. There will be plenty of testing in the future.

Another feather in the cap for THP! When companies want to use you to release equipment you know you are doing something right.
I would love the opportunity to contribute to this "seed" and give back to THP

1. My index is 13.8 as of today. I am relatively new to this side of 15 though, having started the season at 22.
2. Current Irons are: Taylormade RAC-HT (5-PW, circa 2003) with stock stiff shafts. GI when I bought them but more SGI by today's standards
3. Preference: I don't really have a preference. I have never attempted to game a "blade" for any length of time and I think that would be a unique challenge to me. If I were going out to purchase irons (which I am this spring) I would be looking in the GI/GE range (MX300, R9 TP, J38 Dual Pockets).

I have a standing tee time on a simulator once a week throughout the winter and there are a couple courses that are open as long as there isn't snow on the ground- hopefully that would be enough to contribute to the thread!

Edit: quick search. 2 heated driving ranges within 10 mins of my house. I'm set!

Last edited:
cool cool, thanks
It does not have anything to do with shipping costs. We dont make all the rules, the company has selected certain things as criteria and we will abide by them. There will be plenty of testing in the future.

Testing some pre-release irons sounds like it would be an awesome experience (for those choosen and those reading the thread).

I believe I meet all the criteria listed (including being able to test on a range -- heated or otherwise -- and perhaps in a different locale) and my answers to the questions are below.

1. What is your handicap? 8
2. What is your current set of irons? Taylormade R9s
3. Do you have an iron preference? Not necessarily a preference, but I have played in recent years the following types: blade, players cavity and game improvement

Last edited:
This is a great incentive for me to work on my game. My handicap is off the charts. Good luck to all who qualify.

1. Handicap is 14
2. Irons are 5-PW Adams a7?
3. Preference is probably the players cavity and/or game improvement irons.

Thanks!

This sounds awesome I would love to take part!

Handicap: 9.7
Current Irons: Nike VR TW Blades
Preference: I used to prefer blades, but have been considering the transition to player's cavities.

Sounds like a good opportunity to try a new product or same product :D and give my honest opinion of the results I find. I threw the towel in for the equipment tester position. One of my reservations was a health issue however since the problem (bum knee) has finally been repaired, I am up for this one. I played today and my knee is getting stronger and my ball striking is improving so yep, throw me in the hat.

1. What is your handicap? 13.4 GHIN
2. What is your current set of irons? Cobra S2
3. Do you have an iron preference? Game Improvement, SGI, or Players Cavity

This is great thanks THP!! Even though I'm in the land of cheese I hit every week inside on a simulator and we also have an outdoor range that is open all year with heated bays could be a ton of fun!!

1. What is your handicap? 5.1
2. What is your current set of irons? Mizuno MP-58
3. Do you have an iron preference? blade, players cavity

Thank you again to THP for giving forum members the opportunity to test out equipment before it comes out!! The best of luck to everyone that is interested!

1) current handicap is 13
2) current irons are Ping S-59's
3) I prefer blades, but the current "players" irons work well too.

Thx for the opportunity!

There are going to be some happy campers here!!! Tweet tweet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Year Round Golfer.

1. What is your handicap? 11.8
2. What is your current set of irons? TaylorMade R9s
3. Do you have an iron preference? blade, players cavity, game improvement

There are going to be some happy campers here!!! Tweet tweet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The THP bird strikes again... dang little bird and its selective singing!

Back