Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

hahahaha, how do you really feel?

i mean, c'mon, this is america, home of the bible belt and republicans. why on earth would you name a driver, "the devil"? any hardcore christian might frown upon that. it's just silly to me, that's all, and it makes no sense. what? they're HOT, they have flames, they're EVIL! let's call them diablo!!!! genius.

whatever though, i'm a huge callaway fan myself and look forward to testing out the RAZR (hate even typing it) lineup!

they have the razr in lefty?

It's official....I'm excited to hit these now. loving the looks of these and if they feel like other Callaway clubs then it's just going to be sweet

It's official....I'm excited to hit these now. loving the looks of these and if they feel like other Callaway clubs then it's just going to be sweet

i'm pretty pumped about seeing you guys have a crack with these as well. i'd love to see the spec sheet on all 3 models. is that available at this time?

JB, Do you know when the release date is? Or is that still up in the air? Thanks.

JB, Do you know when the release date is? Or is that still up in the air? Thanks.

2011 is all we have heard. Their official release will be up sometime around mid November.

I like the look of the Tour and the forged. The Callaway GI irons have always looked to big and boxy for my liking. I had been thinking about getting the x-forged irons before I settled on the MP-58's. Always liked the feel of Callaway's forged irons so I'll have to try these out when they hit the stores up here in the land of cheese.

I hope they come out with a Razr blade... Just saying.

Ok. thanks!

Help! I planning on ordering a set of X-24's TODAY for my son's upcoming birthday with custom shafts (fitted by our club pro) only to be told that Callaway isn't custom shafting them anymore because they are being discontinued...

Here's a little background. My son will be turning 15 in three weeks. He "just" made the freshman team (fall season) at his high school and worked his way into the middle of the freshman pack by season's end. His goal is to make the JV team next year so he is going to need to shave a good 10-12 strokes off by end of next summer. He is consistantly mid-90's now. Yes, he is taking lessons and knows he needs to hit thousands of balls....

He has litteraly outgrown my old Ping Zing 2's with cut down shafts and needs to get into a new set of Irons. He has hit all of the current irons and liked the X-24, JPX-800, and Burner 2.0's in that order.

Sooo, would you wait and have him hit the new Razor X? The benefit I see is that he may like those better and if not the X-24's should be discounted by then... Or, just move forward X-24's now (stock uniflex) and re-fit the shafts in the late spring after he has grown a bit more? Or, am I lookin at this all wrong???

Thanks!

The way I see it, is that you can ask this question till the end of time. There will always be something new coming out.

i have to agree with JB, but i also know that your 15 year old probably has his heart set on those X24's. i'd probably get those then upgrade the shafts down the road.

good luck to him in his pursuit of highschool golf.

And just to complicate matters..... There's a good chance that the Burner 2.0s could be his favorite by the time he's knocked that 10 to 12 strokes off his game.

I got to hit all 3 at our THP demo event, and I thought the X-24s were indeed a great club for hitting it very high in the air and straight. Similar for the JPX 800s. I think the Burners respond better for different types of shots (draws, fades, high, low) than the 24s or the JPX, plus they are extremely long and still forgiving on mishits, but with more feedback than the 24s or JPX 800s.

Is he going to be playing much this winter? If so, you probably need to invest in 24s or other clubs now.... maybe go cheap with uniflex and revisit in the spring with all current iron offerings and just refit at that time.

Thanks for the great responses!

Yes, he is expecting to play all winter here in the Denver area. If the weather folks are correct, he should have plenty of opportunity as we are expecting a dry one...

I am getting close to just pulling the trigger on the stock X-24's. I am beginning to think I am getting too hung up on the need for custom shafts for him. He is progressing so quickly that his instructor thinks he will need a stiff shaft by summer anyways. If he really progresses, maybe I'll just have to take those x-24's as my game is getting better too!! I got back into the game this summer when he started after a decade or so layoff...

Thanks for the great responses!

Yes, he is expecting to play all winter here in the Denver area. If the weather folks are correct, he should have plenty of opportunity as we are expecting a dry one...

I am getting close to just pulling the trigger on the stock X-24's. I am beginning to think I am getting too hung up on the need for custom shafts for him. He is progressing so quickly that his instructor thinks he will need a stiff shaft by summer anyways. If he really progresses, maybe I'll just have to take those x-24's as my game is getting better too!! I got back into the game this summer when he started after a decade or so layoff...

at 15, i'm sure his body is still in the maturation process, as is his strength and whatnot. there's no doubt that he may indeed out grow those uniflex shafts but they'll be great while he's dialing in the 24's. i put rifle 6.0 steel shafts in my X 22's and they brought the ball flight down a good bit, but i didn't loose any distance and it's not a difficult adjustment to make.

and like you said, if the time comes when he wants something else, the 24's wouldn't be so bad to put in your bag.

Out of curiousity, what shafts did your pro recommend? And I agree, if his swing improves significantly and quickly, regardless of custom fitting him now his stats will most likely be different 5 months from now.

Growing kids go through fitted stuff very quickly. I bet he will be playing XStiff shafts before long and have a handicap around 5. Good luck with this and I bet he is going to want a different set in about a year anyway.

Well at first, he was suggesting that we go ahead an put him in a stiffmeeter shaft since he "expected" my son to need that by summer and to avoid a refitting. I recall the Mizuno shaft meter reading 76-80 mph with a 7 iron. I pushed back a bit as I wanted a shaft what would be more in line with where he is now and did want hurt his game as opposed to help it... His final recommendation was a Dynamic Gold Super Light. I think he mentioned it being 100-105 grams. My son has a pretty high ball flight to begin with so I would expect that the kick-point would complement that....

Sorry. "stiff shaft" not "stiffmeeter shaft"...

I hope they come out with a Razr blade... Just saying.

Or a Razr chipper they could call The Scooter.

I would try the Pro or Forged, but I don't love the look. Then again, I don't see the back of the club at address or swinging, so it doesn't really matter if the back looks a little too "1950s vision of the future".

If your using a Callaway Razr and take a shallow divot.......is that called Razr stubble?

Back