Testing Irons for THP

Wow, this is excellent!

I'd love to test something out! I'll have plenty of simulator time and on course time as much as possible this winter.

1) Handicap currently sitting at 8.1
2) Current Irons are Taylormade R7
3) I would be happy to test anything, but Cavity or GI are probably most suited to my abilities.

Thanks for this opportunity, this is unreal.

I would love the opportunity to test/try out new irons.

1. Current Handicap 8
2. Current Set of Irons: Mizuno MP-33
3. Iron Preference: Don't have a preference really. It's more of what fits my eye and feels best to me. I'm open to any type of iron. Who knows I might find something to kick my MP-33's out of the bag.

My handicap maybe higher than some others here but i do go to range everyday for 2 hrs ( I have a shagger so it's free and hit more than 500 balls a day) Also play at least once every 2 weeks.

1. Handicap 19
2. Setof Irons. x-24 hot, also have some very old blade which i use at the range.
3. Players cavity back. But i also can hit GI irons and newer blades.

Wish I could join this one, but I didn't get my HC down enough this year. Not much chance of cutting that many strokes off from it in the next couple weeks, so I'm out. Congratulations to all of those that are chosen for this project. I am GREEN with envy.

If lefties are ever allowed to play please let me know!

It is NOT our choice who we can select and the reasons behind it. In our last testing thread that was linked in the first post, you will see we included a LH golfer and he received a set of irons for testing. We dont make the rules in how and when equipment is manufactured, maybe other places or sites can have LH testers all the time, and give out 5-10 sets of irons 3-4 times a year, but we were told specifically since the testers are getting these sets of irons well over a month before they launch in stores, that the LH versions will not be available yet.

We wish it could be another way, and many times it is, but sometimes these things are out of our control.

Last edited:
Good luck to all that enter. I'll try this again next year. I can play through the winter here in Louisiana(Never gets cold enough). So I'll be working on lowering my handicap to meet the criteria next time.

This is not a standard criteria for all testing. This just happens to be for this particular seeding. There will be other opportunities for higher handicappers. :smile:

Good luck to all that enter. I'll try this again next year. I can play through the winter here in Louisiana(Never gets cold enough). So I'll be working on lowering my handicap to meet the criteria next time.

1: 13.6
2: Calloway Diablo Forged
3: I have always preferred GI irons and Players Cavities.

I can play year round. If that was not the case, I think I would go insane.

Thanks THP and The Mysterious Company for giving us members this incredible opportunity!

Last edited:
1: 7
2: Cobra CB Carbons
3: prefer Players and GI, however I have 0 issue testing anything, demo days are the funnest days of the year :)

Live in West Texas and only days that are too cold to play are the 2 times a year it snows lol.

Good luck to everyone who enters this, what an opportunity to play something few others have even heard about yet. Hard for someone to take something like this for granted. I myself am pretty stoked at the possibility to compare on a simulator as well as the course if chosen. My iron's has really turned on over the last month or so and it's hard to believe anything could knock them out of the bag.

What an awesome opportunity. Thanks THP and unknown company. hehe. I have plenty of places around me to play and practice, and unless its snowing, I always find time for golf. One of the best times I had was at the THP outting where I was able to try new equipment out.

1. What is your handicap? 9.4
2. What is your current set of irons? Cleveland CG7 BP
3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement) The only preference I have is NO BLADES!! I would not be doing the company any justice if I was given these for review.

1. What is your handicap? 11
2. What is your current set of irons? Mizuno MX-25
3. Do you have an iron preference? I will demo any clubs. I have played blades. If i was to have to pick it would be players cavity, game improvement.

Let me know, and thanks for the opportunity!

What an awesome opportunity. Thanks THP and unknown company. hehe. I have plenty of places around me to play and practice, and unless its snowing, I always find time for golf. One of the best times I had was at the THP outting where I was able to try new equipment out.

1. What is your handicap? 9.4
2. What is your current set of irons? Cleveland CG7 BP
3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement) The only preference I have is NO BLADES!! I would not be doing the company any justice if I was given these for review.
Dude that's awesome for you to say that, even thought I've seen your swing and think you might be selling yourself short a bit. But yeah, good work because there are some that will swing whatever someone is willing to hook them up with and it's often times just going to hurt the company when they come back and say they don't work.

I hope everyone realizes how cool of an opportunity this is, how often can any of us say that we're playing irons that aren't even available yet? You should have seen the cart guys at PGA National gawking at the Burner 2.0s, I still get people doing that to those irons in fact. Everyone on this forum that meets the criteria should be throwing their name into the hat for this one! Good luck guys, can't wait to hear who the company is and what everyone thinks about them. It's really fun doing this, look at the Burner 2.0 thread, we're having a blast in there and people are loving the feedback!

Dude that's awesome for you to say that, even thought I've seen your swing and think you might be selling yourself short a bit. But yeah, good work because there are some that will swing whatever someone is willing to hook them up with and it's often times just going to hurt the company when they come back and say they don't work.

I hope everyone realizes how cool of an opportunity this is, how often can any of us say that we're playing irons that aren't even available yet? You should have seen the cart guys at PGA National gawking at the Burner 2.0s, I still get people doing that to those irons in fact. Everyone on this forum that meets the criteria should be throwing their name into the hat for this one! Good luck guys, can't wait to hear who the company is and what everyone thinks about them. It's really fun doing this, look at the Burner 2.0 thread, we're having a blast in there and people are loving the feedback!

Thanks buddy, the thing is, yes I can hit a blade....just not consistantly....so I would not be giving proper feedback. We all know that when you miss the sweet spot with a blade, it stings. haha. I agree, this is an awesome opportunity!

The cart guys gawking is completely besides the point, but really this is the only time most of us will get an opportunity to get our hands on anything pre-release let alone a set of irons! I just wish we could hear the product we're signing up to test, but that is really irrelevant because knowing THP it is surely going to be awesome!

Not quite as good as you swinging them while we were setting everything else up, though lol
Moreso than you gawking at them when you unboxed them? Haha!

Not quite as good as you swinging them while we were setting everything else up, though lol

now you know i wasn't swinging any 2.0's at the outing homey!!!! lol

i just want to reiterate how much of a cool thing being selected for this process is. and like i've said, it's way more involved than just "getting some free irons". it's a long term review that requires effort and sharing your thoughts and findings (more than once).

i hope whoever gets selected truly enjoys the process b/c this is about fun and cutting through all the hype, just getting down to good old fashioned honesty. i love it!

Moreso than you gawking at them when you unboxed them? Haha!

You guys can probably both agree with me about what a great opportunity it would be for some forum members to get a chance to play pre-release irons like this huh? I mean you were both lucky enough to get in on the Burner 2.0 seeding so maybe if people saw how much we enjoyed that they'd want to get in on this that much more.

I agree P4B, this is HUGE! First off, I hope I get selected, second....I am wishing I knew what irons it was.

i just want to reiterate how much of a cool thing being selected for this process is. and like i've said, it's way more involved than just "getting some free irons". it's a long term review that requires effort and sharing your thoughts and findings (more than once).

i hope whoever gets selected truly enjoys the process b/c this is about fun and cutting through all the hype, just getting down to good old fashioned honesty. i love it!

Im not sure it can be said better than this. Well, other than the capitalization part of it.

Im not sure it can be said better than this. Well, other than the capitalization part of it.

you know i'm not good at multi tasking.

Thanks buddy, the thing is, yes I can hit a blade....just not consistantly....so I would not be giving proper feedback. We all know that when you miss the sweet spot with a blade, it stings. haha. I agree, this is an awesome opportunity!

I 100% agree with you Jarret. I actually learned this game on 1980 PGA Ryder Cup II blades. They are still in the basement- I should go try to swing them again just to see what happens! Funny how I learned on them, but would be very apprehensive about playing anything that doesn't offer forgiveness.

The coolest part of it all for me was after the Burner 2.0s were released we had people signing up for THP just to tell us that they bought a set based on our testing thread, they saw some great information posted in there and we had 5 of us talking about different aspects of the clubs and that was very beneficial for people looking for info on those particular irons. I'm sure this will go down very similar to that and it just really makes coming here to THP even more rewarding and fun knowing that you're helping people out.

Back