Driver Shaft - How Did You Decide?

I have a stock shaft in my current driver bc the guy i got fitted my irons with told me that was the right shaft for me.

Not sure i believe him but i get some distance from time to time lol

I spent all day yesterday listening to what everyone was telling me. I initially got fitted for the driver and found out that my launch angle was waay to low, ant that an after market shaft would help. Yet to decide on replacement shaft but i usually just go with whatever shaft comes with the club in S*.

Originally my driver was bought for me, 907D1 with a ys 6+ stiff shaft. At the time really had no idea of what my swing speed actually was. After a year or 2 of long but wayward drives and some research,
my dad bought me a 905T with an NV x-stiff for 50 bucks on ebay. Tried it out and loved it, had it put in my 907, loved it even more. Then DISASTER!!! Bag fell over and the driver shaft snapped >.<
Luckily the Nationwide tour came in 2 weeks later. Tour Van guy hooked me up with an axivcore tour red x-stiff based off what we told him I wanted.

So been playing that driver ever since.

Short version for the research
Is it what came standard? No
Went through a fitting and it was best option? No
Based on Reviews from others? Solely
Great play on tour or tour success? Guess so or he wouldn't use it huh? lol

With the current driver you have in your bag or that you regularly game, how did you choose the shaft that is in it? I swung about 30 drivers at Golfsmith one day and the one I liked the best had a Proforce V2 in it. I had also previously had a hybrid with a Proforce V2 shaft in it and loved how smooth it was. My previous driver had a VS Proto in it and I liked it for the same reasons. Medium launch, smooth feel.

Is it what came standard? No. The stock Fujikura Gold in the Cleveland Launcher wasn't bad, though. A little too whippy.
Went through a fitting and it was best option? Not exactly a fitting, but tried quite a few head and shaft combos that day.
Based on Reviews from others? Sort of, but not really.
Great play on tour or tour success? Not really.

90 pct gambling ...., testing demo shafts at driving range
10 pct self learning from reading at hackerparadise and golfwrx's forum.

JB put me on the launch monitor at Disney about 3 years ago to determine which of my 2 shafts gave me better performance. Have not come across one to beat it yet.

I'll ask Danny Le in about a month

I let my fitter keep handing me shafts that he thought would be good for me based on my swing. Ended up with KBS Tour stiff shafts with 1/2" longer for irons, AWT Wedge Shafts for my wedges, Tour 65 stiff for my driver, Alta stiff for my 4h, Tour 75 stiff for my 3w.

Shaft butt CPM flex is first to make the bag (approx 270cpm +/- a few depending on flex point)

F6 had the black tie in it when I bought it, I didn't like the low launch of it but liked the feel so I got a white tie from the bay.

Back