Why so many hackers?!?!

Colt

Two is one and one is none
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: ????
I was google browsing randomly today and realized something. We have TOO MANY "average Joe" golfers on this website. The few times that I have looked at threads on "golfABC" (not saying any names, but I think you can figure it out) I have noticed a huge gap in golfing ability and knowledge between the two sites!

I mean, come on! 95% of the guys on "the other website" are "blasting" the ball 330 yards carry alone on average and about 290 in the air when they catch one "off the toe" which they rarely do. They can't even play the "normal" heads that us mere mortals use because the tolerances aren't tight enough for someone on their level. But that's okay because it sure is easy for them to pick up tour stamped heads straight from "the van" because they know all the guys that work on it. Or because they play a lot beside a guy on "the tour" that can hook them up. That's how a lot of them get driver heads before the guys on tour ever break them out at Kapalua. I guess they would know these people since the vast majority of them are in the works negotiating a staffer deal.

These guys really know their stuff too. That is the only site I've ever been on where everybody is a club fitter in their own eyes and can tell you the different launch conditions and spin rates that "you" are going to get out of a set of Nippon Pro's X flex 1.75" tipped vs Project X 7.0's .5" tipped. They would know a lot about these because X flex is all that they can play.

Every thread on there is filled with posts from guys getting into pissing contests over how much better of a near scratch golfer they are compared to the other near scratch golfer. Leaving me only able to scratch my head.

We need to work on our swing speeds and bad swing planes a LOT, otherwise we will never be anything more than runners up to these guys. Let's face it guys, we're all just Hackers on this site!

Hopefully sarcasm has been noted by all!!!

I noticed the same thing Colt, and have thought about it more than once. However, in all fairness there are a few members of that forum who admit to not hitting it 300+ and not being scratch golfers. :)

I carry 290 with my 8 iron! Come on, I have platinum shafts, off the anartica tour

I think I signed up at GolfABC. I havent posted once,vs 3020 posts here. God, I couldn't stand the stench of that place.

Oh, I know it's not everybody. There are good and bad everywhere you go. Heck, some people may think that I'm an A-Hole for writing that, but it was just a surprising amount to me!

I stop by there from time to time. Yes, there are some posers over there. There are also some very helpful and candid posters as well. If you wade through the bull (not hard to do) you can get some useful info. However, they don't hold a candle to THP. Best forum I have been a part of is THP...sorry I didn't join over a year ago when I first found this place.

I have never looked at this other golf forum site, I am very happy with THP and my fellow hackers or "average Joes" that make up the membership of this site. So what if I can't hit the ball 290 in the air? From this site I have fantastic friendships, I get great info about everything golf and I am not judged poorly because I am not a single digit handicap golfer. I am a hacker and I am proud of it, period!!

Oh, I know it's not everybody. There are good and bad everywhere you go. Heck, some people may think that I'm an A-Hole for writing that, but it was just a surprising amount to me!
A lot more flaming goes on over there. There ARE some very good golfers too...mini-tour guys, etc. But they're very much in the minority. THP is much more friendly, provides better information, has no ego, is extremely engaging, and really involves the membership.

White Rhino, rep added. Made me smile a little!

I don't go to other golf forums. I see no reason to. What other posters at other forums do, has no affect on me and my time on THP.

i dont need another golf site - THP has it all and then some. Consider me a THP'er FOR LIFE :)

i dont need another golf site - THP has it all and then some. Consider me a THP'er FOR LIFE :)

It's good to have you and everyone who posted before you, here! This place is just different all around, from the owners to all of us members.

It's good to have you and everyone who posted before you, here! This place is just different all around, from the owners to all of us members.
True. It has a unique "feel" to it that no other site has.

I don't go to other golf forums. I see no reason to. What other posters at other forums do, has no affect on me and my time on THP.

I agree with this, the only other I look at is a local Australian on and that is really on for the classifieds.

True. Take all of the golf and contests away and we would still have a community just like this one.

but there would prob be only one thread the "bring back the golf" thread :D

i'm a hacker on and off the course and proud of it. great post lads

Some people may think that I'm an A-Hole for writing that, but it was just a surprising amount to me!

No need to apologize for writing that. I've thought the same thing about THP vs. other sites. Hell, if I never found this place, I may have given up playing golf altogether. Here I feel I can be honest about my game (or lack of game), and know I'm in good company with others who have the same problems with their game.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I was never a member at the forum of which you speak, but I have been a member at many other forums (golf and otherwise). THP has kept me around longer than most of the rest of them. It can be difficult to maintain civility on a forum. In general, people will say stuff on a board that they just would not say in person, and things go downhill quickly.

Here at THP there is a ton of honest back and forth. The family feeling that everyone gets here is genuine, because well... Everyone seems to actually care about everyone else! I love the lack of pretense here. It's why I keep coming back, and why the membership continues to grow.

I normally dont comment on threads such as these, but will do so for a couple of reasons. I dont really pay attention to what other sites do, but the site you are speaking of is very large and run by some very good people. What they do, they do well and I honestly wish them the best of luck, but that is for them...We dont ever want to be that site.

THP is different from its home page to its forum. We do things differently here and were never out to be an equipment site. This site was about the golf lifestyle and made for people of all skill levels.
We get together once a year for the greatest golf weekend in the world
We have a demo day once a year
We have the Morgan Cup
We talk about tour golf, not tour golf equipment
Style
THP Radio
ALL SKILL LEVELS
Education from the source

Not one of these things makes one site better than the other, it just makes us different. Its hard to talk skill level if you are going to be a part of a THP outing right? People will get to see you play...hehe. Lots of swing changes going on when people get together from other places...hehe

In the end, the goal is to give choices. Some will like some places better and others will like other places better. THP set out to create a community like this one and because of the amazing members we have here, the growth has been incredible and made this place what it is.

I normally dont comment on threads such as these, but will do so for a couple of reasons. I dont really pay attention to what other sites do, but the site you are speaking of is very large and run by some very good people. What they do, they do well and I honestly wish them the best of luck, but that is for them...We dont ever want to be that site.

THP is different from its home page to its forum. We do things differently here and were never out to be an equipment site. This site was about the golf lifestyle and made for people of all skill levels.
We get together once a year for the greatest golf weekend in the world
We have a demo day once a year
We have the Morgan Cup
We talk about tour golf, not tour golf equipment
Style
THP Radio
ALL SKILL LEVELS
Education from the source

Not one of these things makes one site better than the other, it just makes us different. Its hard to talk skill level if you are going to be a part of a THP outing right? People will get to see you play...hehe. Lots of swing changes going on when people get together from other places...hehe

In the end, the goal is to give choices. Some will like some places better and others will like other places better. THP set out to create a community like this one and because of the amazing members we have here, the growth has been incredible and made this place what it is.

If I may a slight correction to what is in bold. You and GolferGal and your love and devotion to this site has a huge part in making this site what it is. This love creates the warmth and family type atmosphere many of us feel here along with the incredible amount of knowledge that is available and we "spread the word" of THP which brings good people to this site who add their knowledge and insight to it thus making it that much better. I have loved watching this site grow since I stumbled upon it back in '09 and look forward to many great things in the years to come.

You guys speak for yourself. What's wrong with ya, not enough geritol. I hit my nine iron 250 yds ! :D

Thp is the only golf forum I have been on or lurked around before joining. Everyone here has been cool no one comes off as a a-hole here. I'm on a couple jeep wrangler forum's and there are some huge jackwagons on some of the forums. I'm glad Thp is a friendly place.

Back