Ugly Putters - What's Your Choice

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the last few years, the shapes of putters seem to be coming from every where. On a past episode of THP Radio - The Greenside, we addressed it a little bit and I thought it could be a fun discussion here.

This morning I was organizing the THP Putter Room a little bit and came across some real unique looking things and realized just how many odd shapes are out there and have been for years.

What do you consider the ugliest or funkiest putter you have ever seen and why?

I believe I own what is quite possibly the ugliest putter ever made. It is a putter that is a pickle head and the shaft enters the pickle with what looks like a fork. Looks like a green turd.

• Admin
I believe I own what is quite possibly the ugliest putter ever made. It is a putter that is a pickle head and the shaft enters the pickle with what looks like a fork. Looks like a green turd.

You absolutely have to put pictures up. Im guessing it is more of a novelty than an actual piece of equipment though

Backstryke DART, but it works wonderfully.

I agree put the picture up or I can't believe something so ugly exist.

You absolutely have to put pictures up. Im guessing it is more of a novelty than an actual piece of equipment though

Yeah. For non-novelty I think some of the tiger shark putters are kind of crazy looking. I will see if I can get some pics of that putter. Its old and ugly. Lol

I got a kick out of that part of the show. I like the #7 as well and another variant of that model, the XG Hawk, the center shafted model. To me I really dont have a preference but I like a more aggressive looking putter typically, which is odd cause now I'm using the Method Core #4 and absolutely love it, butt shape and all.

Still think that GEL Opal is my favorite putter in your collection and it's a little different.

I think the original FGP is one of the uglier putters out there. Works like a champ, though. To me, the big mallets that will probably get mentioned just aren't that ugly. I don't know why, but they appeal to my eye. Some of the Ping mallets are pretty tough to look at, though.

I'd vote for the Odyssey Terror. Looks like the space ship Enterprise, but still works well.

Tap,Tap,Tap

The Dr. Feelgood zero latitude putter most be the ugliest putter ever, but in the serious putter lines the TM monza spider or Ping JAS ranks pretty high up on the worst looking putters list.

Monza Spider is really ugly, and also the original FGP like Hawk said above.

Here is a link to a pickle putter pic. Mine is a lot browner in color.
http://www.google.com/m/search?site...client=ms-android-verizon&q=pickle putter#i=0

Typing Pickle Putter into google should get you red flagged. :D

Edit: A member here posted some pics about 6 months ago about his pet putter project. I think it started as a oddyseey two ball, but it had water level, laser pointer, and a tape measure attached on. Obviously he was just joking around but I nominate that putter.

For me it's the SeeMore FGP models, just don't like them!

I expect a backlash :disapointed:

Funkiest... Ummm, I like the sabretooth

The Odyssey Tri-Ball is one of the worst I've seen.

:dohanim: This thread is really worthless without the pics of these putters. I'm having to do research to check these putters out and I'm far too lazy for that.

:dohanim: This thread is really worthless without the pics of these putters. I'm having to do research to check these putters out and I'm far too lazy for that.

Absolutely agree.

Monza spider = really ugly.

taylormade-rossa-monza-spider-putter.jpg

putter.jpg

Oddly, I've always kindof liked the Rossa Monza... probably because I rolled one when they were new and couldn't miss a putt at the store but didn't have enough $ to buy one then.

After extensive research (3.25 min) I agree that the Dr. Feelgood is a terrible looking putter. Why not just turn a hammer upside down?

Edit*** There I went and did the research and a pic pops up seconds before I post!

The backstrykes always look funny to me. I like the idea, but they just look so foreign to me!

CRAZE1.jpg

Found one of the ping I mentioned also!

Back