Cleveland Mashie Review

I dont like the offset,looks like it would be duck hooks all day with that but,it looks good and i would almost buy it just to get that old school headcover LOL,i love that headcover SAAWEET!

Just for your info. These have the same or less offset than the hybrids you play.

Just for your info. These have the same or less offset than the hybrids you play.

Oh well i guess they would work good then the offset must look more pronounced in that pic.

Overall, what do you think made this club such a big success at the THP Demo Day, with almost everybody raving about it?

Aesthetics
Feel
Sound
Distance
Shaft

What say you?

I thought the ball flight and the sound was very sweet. Also, just knowing that it has such a great shaft in it is huge.

If I had to rank those in order of importance for me....

Shaft
Aesthetics
Distance
Feel
Sound
Overall, what do you think made this club such a big success at the THP Demo Day, with almost everybody raving about it?

Aesthetics
Feel
Sound
Distance
Shaft

What say you?

Aesthetics
Feel
Sound
Distance
Shaft

What say you?

This is a great question. First thing I noticed was looks and in a good way. The old school look to the head catches your eye and I quite liked it. Second is the shaft. Lets not kid ourselves this club has an awesome shaft in it. But nothing wets my whistle like a nice shot. And at a demo day with strong in your face winds this club produced a piercing ball flight thats hard not to love. Add it all up and its time to OEM one.

you avatar says 'I Mashie, do you??'
This is a great question. First thing I noticed was looks and in a good way. The old school look to the head catches your eye and I quite liked it. Second is the shaft. Lets not kid ourselves this club has an awesome shaft in it. But nothing wets my whistle like a nice shot. And at a demo day with strong in your face winds this club produced a piercing ball flight thats hard not to love. Add it all up and its time to OEM one.

awesome post! and you are right, you were mashing the mashie like it was nobody's business.

I will be honest here, I liked the mashie, I didnt love it and it was for one reason...head shape. I couldnt get past that. When I hit it, I hit it ver well and this is something I need to get past, to me, its a new shape of a club as I have never played a hybrid like this. I really can not wait to give it another spin. But, I love the idea behind the mashie.....name, old school look, shaft. It has it all....we just need another date and I plan on asking sometime

Feel
Shaft
Sound
Aesthetics
Distance

That's how I would rank those characteristics for me. The club was just magic. So easy to swing which actually helped me. I didn't get tired swinging the club and almost every shot was the same. I don't know how much distance I was getting but if my shots perform like that all of the time, Im good haha.

You can't buy consistantcy but you almost can with the Mashie.

great post. it was one of the few clubs that day that I would laugh at because I was hitting it so well, even in the face of a 25mph wind.
Feel
Shaft
Sound
Aesthetics
Distance

That's how I would rank those characteristics for me. The club was just magic. So easy to swing which actually helped me. I didn't get tired swinging the club and almost every shot was the same. I don't know how much distance I was getting but if my shots perform like that all of the time, Im good haha.

You can't buy consistantcy but you almost can with the Mashie.

I had a chance to hit this a few weeks back.

The throwback finish reminded me of an old driver I had when I was first learning the game and just brought back some really good nostalgic feelings. I enjoyed the shape of this and the feel is superb.

This club is long and solid and just brilliant. I think the club is just fantastic.

I'm not a big fan of the head cover and never was of the socks.

As soon as it is available to the public, it's going in the bag.

'biggsy' and 'mashie' just seem to go together....
I had a chance to hit this a few weeks back.

The throwback finish reminded me of an old driver I had when I was first learning the game and just brought back some really good nostalgic feelings. I enjoyed the shape of this and the feel is superb.

This club is long and solid and just brilliant. I think the club is just fantastic.

I'm not a big fan of the head cover and never was of the socks.

As soon as it is available to the public, it's going in the bag.

Aesthetics
Feel
Sound
Distance
Shaft

What say you?

Really for me, most important was the results (which is made up of feel, distance, consistency, shaft and sound), and then the aesthetics a distant second. Color me one of the few who didn't love the old school look of it. Don't hate it, but don't love it and would probably prefer a more standard looking color. But that matters very little to me anyways.

funny, I found the old school look nice because it made the club almost 'forgettable' at address where all you did was line up and swing. no thoughts of 'is it squared?', 'where's my target line?', 'is my fly down?' Pure get up and go. If a club can do that to my crazy mind then I'll take it
Really for me, most important was the results (which is made up of feel, distance, consistency, shaft and sound), and then the aesthetics a distant second. Color me one of the few who didn't love the old school look of it. Don't hate it, but don't love it and would probably prefer a more standard looking color. But that matters very little to me anyways.

Aesthetics
Feel
Sound
Distance
Shaft

What say you?

Shaft - I think the fact that it had a legit Miyazaki shaft in it made everyone want to hit it.
Feel - This thing felt great, one of the best feeling hybrids I have ever hit, I'm sure some of that is due to the shaft
Distance - wow this seemed to give me more distance than current hybrids
Sound - sound was good, no distraction
Aesthetics - a very nice looking club, wish the head cover was more like the DST offering.

This hybrid looks like exactly what I am looking for to fill the gap between my 4 iron and my 2 hybrid (TM Rescue Dual). How much longer do they hit? Would it be smart to buy a 4 hybrid to replace my 3 iron that I don't like hitting?

This hybrid looks like exactly what I am looking for to fill the gap between my 4 iron and my 2 hybrid (TM Rescue Dual). How much longer do they hit? Would it be smart to buy a 4 hybrid to replace my 3 iron that I don't like hitting?

That will depend on the person, the clubs they play, the lofts in their other clubs, etc...

Shaft - I think the fact that it had a legit Miyazaki shaft in it made everyone want to hit it.
Feel - This thing felt great, one of the best feeling hybrids I have ever hit, I'm sure some of that is due to the shaft
Distance - wow this seemed to give me more distance than current hybrids
Sound - sound was good, no distraction
Aesthetics - a very nice looking club, wish the head cover was more like the DST offering.

Agree with everything here and order too.

Yes, it is posted in this thread. Going off of memory.

I wonder why Cleveland has a small 2* gap between the 18.5 and 20.5 Mashies. Is it because most golfers would purchase the 15.5 and 23.5 OR the 18.5 and 23.5 ? Do you think the average golfer can elevate the 15.5 with the right Miyazaki ?

I wonder why Cleveland has a small 2* gap between the 18.5 and 20.5 Mashies. Is it because most golfers would purchase the 15.5 and 23.5 OR the 18.5 and 23.5 ? Do you think the average golfer can elevate the 15.5 with the right Miyazaki ?

I believe it is for choices. Most golfers will not purchase all 4-5 hybrids that come out. They want to fill gaps.

And yes I believe golfers can elevate a 15.5 degree hybrid. Even moreso than can elevate a 15 degree FW.

I have to say.. Im really considering going with a 15.5 (replace my 3w) and a 23.5 (replaces my 4h). I loooooooooove my 3w but the prospects of using a hybrid instead is intruiging. Seems like they are easier to hit for me.

Back