Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
pondering which TM Forged irons will be sitting on my doorstep...

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on M3 & M4 mashies... with the 15% off & free shipping code for Golfsmith its soooo tempting. Someone push me over the edge! lol

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on M3 & M4 mashies... with the 15% off & free shipping code for Golfsmith its soooo tempting. Someone push me over the edge! lol

Try Blind9golf (banner above) and send them an email and they can help push you over the edge.

Have you had the chance to hit a Mashie yet? Its by far the best hybrid Ive ever hit and was the star of the show at the last THP outing.

Try Blind9golf (banner above) and send them an email and they can help push you over the edge.

I second that (not because they are a sponsor), but they are really helping THP members.

And if you need another push, here ya go. I have tried almost every single club to come to market in 36 months. None of them at this price range have done what this one does for me.

Have you had the chance to hit a Mashie yet? Its by far the best hybrid Ive ever hit and was the star of the show at the last THP outing.

I did get a chance to swing one just recently and have been seriously needing to fill a few empty spots in the new bag for a while now. I've been holding out for these. I sent blind9 an email to what they come back as. If they beat the GS price then I'm definitely ordering these right on the spot.

Have you thought about waiting until the outing? It seems kind of crazy to keep buying new equipment when you will get to try out everything you could possibly want in a couple of months.

JB, you are right. I am just tempted with some the deals on gear from 1-2 years ago that are going on. To be honest, I don't fully understand or even appreciate the magnitude of equipment we will be exposed to at the demo.

Go Seminoles!

Having such a hard time deciding if I want to drop a wedge and get an M2 or drop the 3i and get a M3. I hardly ever use my 60* but when I need it its crucial.

I am trying to figure out which club I am going to ditch for my M3. It's curtains for either the 5w or 52.

I am trying to figure out which club I am going to ditch for my M3. It's curtains for either the 5w or 52.

For me it would be the 5 wood. The M2 is now the longest club in my bag.

Having such a hard time deciding if I want to drop a wedge and get an M2 or drop the 3i and get a M3. I hardly ever use my 60* but when I need it its crucial.

I agree about the 60*, when you need it you need it so I vote 3i. GONE! I bet the M3 outperforms the 3i by a large margin too.

No brainer, off the 5W for the M3. It will equal if not best it in performance.

Yea, I think you are right. Most likely there will be an R9 5w for sale in the marketplace in a couple weeks.

Yea, I think you are right. Most likely there will be an R9 5w for sale in the marketplace in a couple weeks.

I hit my 50* wedge way too much to think about ditching it but maybe its different for you. But thats my thinking, the gap wedge gets him a lot more then the 5W does and on top of that the M3 is much easier to hit, IMO.

Yea I do hit my gap a fair amount. I was hitting 5w off the tee a lot when I needed to hit the fairway. I guess the mashie should be almost as long and still stay straight. Bye bye 5 wood.

Yea I do hit my gap a fair amount. I was hitting 5w off the tee a lot when I needed to hit the fairway. I guess the mashie should be almost as long and still stay straight. Bye bye 5 wood.

I'll take accuracy and short grass over the what, maybe a few yards more from the 5W.

Good point.

Was in a Golfsmith today and noticed the Mizuno MP-T11 wedges. I have read about them on here and was interested in seeing them. They had the regular chrome ones with the DG spinners and some black ones. I guess it is a black oxide type finish. They looked sick, but they didn't have the spinner shafts. If I can find some of the black ones with the spinner, I may get one to try out. I really like the feel when I was swinging them in the store. They feel like they are weighted perfectly. I have been wanting to try the spinner shafts, but don't see a point in putting them in non conforming wedges.

Ok Im pondering getting the M5 in place of my 5 iron. has anyone compaired the differance in the two with your own set?

Was in a Golfsmith today and noticed the Mizuno MP-T11 wedges. I have read about them on here and was interested in seeing them. They had the regular chrome ones with the DG spinners and some black ones. I guess it is a black oxide type finish. They looked sick, but they didn't have the spinner shafts. If I can find some of the black ones with the spinner, I may get one to try out. I really like the feel when I was swinging them in the store. They feel like they are weighted perfectly. I have been wanting to try the spinner shafts, but don't see a point in putting them in non conforming wedges.

Im pretty sure if they didnt have the DG Spinner then it was the MP-T10 from last year. All the 11's have the Spinners in them.

Im pretty sure if they didnt have the DG Spinner then it was the MP-T10 from last year. All the 11's have the Spinners in them.

You are probably right. Any verification that Mizuno is still making the black oxide available in the 11's?

You are probably right. Any verification that Mizuno is still making the black oxide available in the 11's?

They have the chrome and the ones I have are something like black nickel. Theyre not very dark though. I have yet to see any 11's in black oxide.

They have the chrome and the ones I have are something like black nickel. Theyre not very dark though. I have yet to see any 11's in black oxide.

Damn. The ones I saw today looked really good in black oxide. I may go back tomorrow and investigate further. May go ahead and get the chrome 11 in 56.

Damn. The ones I saw today looked really good in black oxide. I may go back tomorrow and investigate further. May go ahead and get the chrome 11 in 56.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any solid wedge if it has the spinner shafts in it. I hit the kbs hi rev like garbage - cut down a spinner and ta-dah, right handed Phil Mickelson. These shafts are that good.

Haha nice. I am going to go back to golfsmith tomorrow and check them out.

I need irons and wedges badly. Maybe I'll go do some testing tomorrow.

Sent from my operating system using thumbs 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back