My most recent team project: the University of Calgary Solar Car

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Well here she is - my most recent project from the U of C. I have been fortunate enough to work with many great people as we worked tirelessly to get her done. This is our Solar Car - Schulich Axiom2. Right now she is doing shake down tests around the province before we pack it up and send it to Australia in June for the World Solar Challenge in Australia in October.
IMG_0331.jpg

You can follow our progress here:
Calgary Solar Team
http://calgarysolarteam.ca/blog/
I realise how strange it looks, so if you have any questions at all, please ask!
I'll do my best answering them, but I'm not an engineer so I'll do my best. I'm just an accountant who was embedded into the engineering team to put it together since I love working with my hands and learning new techniques.

And yes I realize it doesn't have a real engine, and it doesn't go very fast... believe me, I've tried to get something going in there, but they just won't go for it.

best of luck fink

Well here she is - my most recent project from the U of C. I have been fortunate enough to work with many great people as we worked tirelessly to get her done. This is our Solar Car - Schulich Axiom2. Right now she is doing shake down tests around the province before we pack it up and send it to Australia in June for the World Solar Challenge in Australia in October.
IMG_0331.jpg

You can follow our progress here:
Calgary Solar Team
http://calgarysolarteam.ca/blog/
I realise how strange it looks, so if you have any questions at all, please ask!
I'll do my best answering them, but I'm not an engineer so I'll do my best. I'm just an accountant who was embedded into the engineering team to put it together since I love working with my hands and learning new techniques.

And yes I realize it doesn't have a real engine, and it doesn't go very fast... believe me, I've tried to get something going in there, but they just won't go for it.

sweet work man! That looks sweet. I cant wait to hear how you do.

Cool as hell, good luck with the project.

Maybe you can design a solar roof top for golf carts to reduce the cost and carbon impact from nightly charging.

That is Great I will be following up. Good luck with the project......

Cool as hell, good luck with the project.

Maybe you can design a solar roof top for golf carts to reduce the cost and carbon impact from nightly charging.

Already invented, my club has about 15 of them.

That's really cool RF!! Best of luck with it in June!

That's really cool RF!! Best of luck with it in June!

Thanks man, if you are free today, head on over to the Telus World of Science. The car will be there with the race team to answer any questions!

Freaking awesome RF! Was actually just talking to my Earth Science classes about the solar car creations and races that are held.

Thanks all! It has been a ton of work, and really quite stressful for the whole team to get it up and running on time.
So far though, no issues to report other than the sun not cooperating.

Freaking awesome RF! Was actually just talking to my Earth Science classes about the solar car creations and races that are held.

That's really good! We visit schools every month during the school year to educate the community on solar energy. Now that the car is driving around rural Alberta, we are hitting as many small town schools as possible since they aren't exposed to these kinds of things regularly.

That's really cool! Good luck Fink :D

Back