Change Length or Lie?

SirSliceALot116

Jason Daysian
Reaction score
Handicap
My swing
I am vertically-challenged (5'5") and wonder what changes, if any, I should make to my clubs to fit my swing plane.

I have a low swing speed (high 80's/low 90's), a high ball flight, and naturally fade the ball when I swing flatter and keep on plane. I've noticed when I take the club back too steep, it results in a slice.

Suggestions?

Can you get me a wrist to floor measure and I will get you length lie angle and shaft flex.

Can you get me a wrist to floor measure and I will get you length lie angle and shaft flex.

Do you want that measurement with my arm hanging at the side or as if I were holding a club?

You may need someone to help you, but I need the measurement from your wrist to the floor while you are standing on a firm surface. Just stand erect and let the arms hang straight down at your side.

27 1/2" from wrist to the floor. Can't wait to hear what you've got for me!

Alright, with a 27.5 inch wrist to floor and 5'5" height, is the ss your driver or a 6 iron? Here is what I have for you. Your 6 iron should be 36 inches long with a lie angle of 57.5-58. I would like a double check on the wrist to floor and clarification on the ss. If that is a driver...it would be a regular flex. IF that is 6 iron a stiff flex.

Double-checked the measurement and it's accurate. The SS is from my driver.

Must have been nice standing next to me huh?

I'm right there with you at 5'8". Impossible to find FW metals or hybrids with a lie angle that isn't ridiculously toe up.

At 5'7" I use 1/4" shorter irons and 1.5 degrees flat (purple dot) Pings,agree with fairways and hybrids,I tend to stick to hybrids though.

Back