Rkedz

Reaction score
Handicap
I am using a standard set of TM irons. I am 6'6". I have been noticing at the range a heavier mark on the 6 iron on the toe. According to a Lie chart with my height and wrist measurment of 38" the iron should be moved 2 or 3* up. Is this correct? I was thinking of purchasing a new set and add 1.5" to the shaft. Would that help the lie or should I still have the lie adjusted? Thx :confused2:

With your height and arm length, you should really be playing clubs longer than standard. How much longer, tough to say. Since you're looking for new clubs, I'd recommend getting fit (for both length and lie) by a local club fitter. Most times, the normal fitting fee will be waived and applied to the purchase price of the set. Its really a no lose situation. It beats buying new off the rack and not being 100% sure what you are paying for is perfect for you.

I am using a standard set of TM irons. I am 6'6". I have been noticing at the range a heavier mark on the 6 iron on the toe. According to a Lie chart with my height and wrist measurment of 38" the iron should be moved 2 or 3* up. Is this correct? I was thinking of purchasing a new set and add 1.5" to the shaft. Would that help the lie or should I still have the lie adjusted? Thx :confused2:

The extra length on the shaft will help but your swing could dictate a lie angle adjustment. I'm 6'4'', have 1/2'' longer than standard shafts and play my irons (depending on the manufacturer b/c all standard lie angles vary from one company to the next) 2-3* upright.

If you're divots are showing more action on the toe of the club, yeah, they need to be more upright. 10 minuts with a fitter and a lie board will give you all the information you need.

Lie is very important to shot consistency. Like TC, I'm 6'4 and just got the new TM MC's at +1/2" over standard and 3* up. Since then I have seen much better dispersion and a more pure flight. From what I can gather, adding length to your shafts will not change the angle they come out of the club head and therefore you probably will need a slight adjustment to both, but only a professional with the proper tools to identify those things will be able to accurately tell you how much you need of both. Good Luck

Static fitting has very little to do with ballistic fitting. The best think you can do is go get fit by a professional club fitter.

Definitely get fit. Found out today that my old Mizuno T-zoid pro ii's were 3 degrees flat (and loft was 1 degree weak). My builder bent the 7 and 4 iron to standard, WOW what a difference.

Mine are +1 and 3º up. I too was getting a lot of toe hits until I was fit.

Back