Neutral & Neutral Upright - What's The Difference?

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
I have an adjustable driver and I have been wondering what the heck is the difference between "N" and "NU"??
Have experimented with both settings and my ball flight appears to be very similar so I'm wondering what the heck the difference is??

NU increases the lie angle "Up" and nothing else, I believe.

That might be handy for someone tall like me who is fitted, in general, for more upright clubs. It also should promote a slight draw bias over the neutral setting.

I have not been fit for my driver, but I have been fitted for my irons, and I am 2 degrees upright on those so I'm thinking NU might be better for me with the driver, based on what you have just said??
Does that make sense?

I'm looking forward to trying that very thing out as well on a SuperTri I'm borrowing, so I agree it makes sense to try out. Although as loft of club goes down, picture a zero degree club, it would matter less and less what your lie angle is.

BTW, I'm 6'4" and was fit for +1" 2up irons.

I am 6'1" but have long arms. My specs are +1/4" and 2* up.
I originally had the driver on NU but recently changed it to N.
Just didn't see too much variation in my ball flight so wondered what the real difference was in the settings.

On both my supertri and my R9 I play it on NU because that setting is the best for me, and I play with clubs 2* upright. I've played with all the settings and NU just seems to work best for me.

On both my supertri and my R9 I play it on NU because that setting is the best for me, and I play with clubs 2* upright. I've played with all the settings and NU just seems to work best for me.

Good to know. I guess I just need to experiment between the 2 on the range and see which works best...

Good to know. I guess I just need to experiment between the 2 on the range and see which works best...

that's the key...Gotta find out what's best for your swing. I personally keep mine "N"

that's the key...Gotta find out what's best for your swing. I personally keep mine "N"

Well I had it on NU for months before changing it a few weeks ago to N. I've been hitting a lot more fairways than usual so I may just keep it there!

Back