Trillium Golf Links - Highlands, NC

Always heard Wade Hampton referred to as the Augusta National of the mountains. I've seen a couple of holes from the highway right past High Hampton and it always looked spectacular.

I would love to get on Highlands Country Club. I'm a history buff when it comes to courses and Highlands Country Club has always been on my radar.

I haven't played Chinquapin yet. I know its designed by moecat, same as Trillium.

if you liked trillium, you'll love chinquapin. i've got some pics from the course if you don't mind me sharing them in your thread?

once spring rolls around i'll see about getting us on HCC if you want. i'd also highly recommend getting on mountain top if/when we can.

if you liked trillium, you'll love chinquapin. i've got some pics from the course if you don't mind me sharing them in your thread?

once spring rolls around i'll see about getting us on HCC if you want. i'd also highly recommend getting on mountain top if/when we can.

By all means share the photos. I love course pictures.

All I need is a date and time for Highlands Country Club. I'm not as familiar with Mountain Top but I'll see what I can find out about it.

By all means share the photos. I love course pictures.

All I need is a date and time for Highlands Country Club. I'm not as familiar with Mountain Top but I'll see what I can find out about it.

i also know the super at mountain top (he use to be at highlands country club). he's a good friend of the family so i can definitely make it happen. it's the best golf course on the mountain imo. it's near trillium, but from mountain top, you look down on trillium (it features some killer views)

i'll post some chinquapin pics in a minute.

Can I come too? :D

Chinquapin Pics

Chinquapin Pics

forum member setho with an approach shot

41228_428856813426_537878426_4825783_1856263_n.jpg

forum member one-t (my little brother) on the tee at number 4

41228_428856818426_537878426_4825784_630547_n.jpg

tee shot on the par 5 5th hole. big dogleg to the right. huge waste area between you and the green if you choose to go for it. it's all carry, about 235 yards worth of carry.

41228_428856823426_537878426_4825785_320951_n.jpg

this is what you have to carry. there's a bail out fairway to the right if one chooses to go that route.

45797_428857003426_537878426_4825795_1874760_n.jpg

par 3 6th hole. tough bugger this one. it's about 190 to the center and anything short rolls down into the mess, which you and i both know is not findable.

45797_428857008426_537878426_4825796_923546_n.jpg

awesome bunkering and severe undulations on/around the greens.

45797_428857013426_537878426_4825797_1372823_n.jpg

another shot of the undulation

45797_428857018426_537878426_4825798_2238014_n.jpg

forum member setho, trying to put one closer.

45797_428857023426_537878426_4825799_2708083_n.jpg

I'm in if you need a fourth please!!

Give me just a little notice TC and I am there!! And littlepingman keep posting these threads. I absolutely love looking at pictures of golf courses

I worked at Trillium for a summer! I worked on the boat rental area and drove the Trolley sometimes too. That course is very nice. I loved playing it.

I worked at Trillium for a summer! I worked on the boat rental area and drove the Trolley sometimes too. That course is very nice. I loved playing it.

when were you working there

I think that is where I remember your brother from. It was during the summer of 2003.

I think that is where I remember your brother from. It was during the summer of 2003.

yeah, he was definitely there at that time. what a small world.

That is true about the small world. I loved that place, but hated our boss.

i hear that dude!

those adipure's sure would look nice walking around on trillium

If your brother can still get us on, let me know I am down to play there again. That is only about a 2 1/2 drive for me.

I just lost 4 golf balls looking at those pictures.

How did I miss this thread yesterday? I had a blast playing that course with the Calloway's! I am dying to get on to Trillium!

If your brother can still get us on, let me know I am down to play there again. That is only about a 2 1/2 drive for me.

Jack Valent your boss? Peter was the boss of the trolley. haha

Of course I can still get us on

Jack Valent your boss? Peter was the boss of the trolley. haha

Of course I can still get us on

I hated Peter, but Jack was the man! He let me do about anything I wanted down at the boats. We will have to hit up the course when it opens in the spring.

I hated Peter, but Jack was the man! He let me do about anything I wanted down at the boats. We will have to hit up the course when it opens in the spring.

haha, Jack just liked fishing and drinking. We will get on for sure

haha, Jack just liked fishing and drinking. We will get on for sure

I wonder if either of those guys still work there? I think the boat job is in my top five jobs of my life. I all I did was drive boats around and watch movies all day.

I wonder if either of those guys still work there? I think the boat job is in my top five jobs of my life. I all I did was drive boats around and watch movies all day.

Peter got fired and I took hi splace. Jack is def still there.

Back