So it finaly happened

Twoputt

Reaction score
Handicap
Gonna work at the club i grew up on. Dosen't sound like much but I'm pumped gonna work at a course. I get to break chops and play free golf what could be better?

Nice nice! I've always wanted to work at the course right by my house as well, but they always seem to hire older guys. :banghead:

I did that during the summers in high school and college. It was a blast. Be at work at 6 am. Work till about noon. Supervisor would go get a case of beer. Drink a few while out mowing in the afternoon until 3. Grab a cart and the rest of the beer and play golf till dark. Go home, take a shower, eat dinner, and go to sleep. Those were the good ol' days.

Good for you. Enjoy

that's the great thing they want to get rid of the oldtimers... great thing is it's a strong 9 from my house my family has had a membership since 1947 when the course opened

thats awesome news lad. enjoy

I work at my home course right now as well.. while I hate the job itself.. I like the people and to get my teaching accreditation I have to be employed by a golf course.

I don't take part in the free golf though.. I buy a membership but I do get many other perks.

Congrats, have a great time

Very cool! The longstanding within the family is incredible, but the sheer fact of working on a golf course, oh how I wish I could!

that's the great thing they want to get rid of the oldtimers... great thing is it's a strong 9 from my house my family has had a membership since 1947 when the course opened

Wouldn't that make your family ....oldtimers? :D

Congrats, I did some volunteer work on the weekends at a local par 3 course and the benefits were great. Free range balls and discounted rates on green fees ($7 - $15 for 18, whereas regular prices would be from 35 to 54) at 3 different courses. It was great doing it. As I got more addicted to the game I couldn't stand volunteering, because I wanted to be out there on the course.

Congrats!! I would love to work at a golf course....if it could only pay what I need it to!

thanks all... yea the rub is the pay is almost nothing which is fine I'm in the Miltary so i do have some flexabelity. And yes the family thing makes us oldtimers ha ha

Back