Bubba would quit golf if he wins Fedex Cup?

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
Maybe for a few weeks.

Here is what he'd do if he quits:

Bubba Watson may be founding golf’s Backstreet Boys

Ryan Ballengee

May 18, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT

Move over, Backstreet Boys. Don’t even bother teaming with New Kids on the Block. N*Sync? Psh. Bubba Watson is sure he has the recipe for the 21st century all-male musical ensemble. He revealed it cryptically on Tuesday in the media day for the Travelers Championship.

Like a seasoned music promoter, he teased the announcement first.

“I’ve got two words for you. Before I tell you those two words, I’m going to build it up,” Watson joked. “I should be in the media.”

Then, he gave the media just a little taste of what to expect.

“There’s going to be a group of guys, and the two words are Boy Band. I’m going to leave it at that. And it involves Ben, me and maybe a couple others. But Boy Band.”

Maybe Ben is Ben Crane? Throw in Rickie Fowler. Maybe Hunter Mahan as the offbeat guy? Keep the hot dog costume off of Bubba and this might just work.

It was a joke, or a "knock on wood" kind of statement. He was not seriously contemplating quitting.

I love how strangely random Bubba can be.

I also like how certain parts of the media report it as fact and serious statement, when he's just having fun with them.

I also like how certain parts of the media report it as fact and serious statement, when he's just having fun with them.

Ya know, him and Ben Crane both love doing spoof videos. I can see them pulling in another couple of guys to do a Boy Band video Spoof

Bubba is awesome. I love how he says random things and just has fun with it.

Bubba is exactly what the tour needs....a great distraction! He's becoming main stream, he's liked, he wears his emotions on his sleave, he can play...I'm glad he is stepping up...no one else seems to be

+2. I love Bubba being Bubba but I don't take him too serious....

I'll be waiting... I haven't received my invite yet.

Bubba is entertaining both on and off the course. I like the idea of him and Crane getting together for a video, the potential awesomeness is mind boggleing.

I love how strangely random Bubba can be.
It makes for great entertainment.

Bubba is exactly what the tour needs....a great distraction! He's becoming main stream, he's liked, he wears his emotions on his sleave, he can play...I'm glad he is stepping up...no one else seems to be
+1. I love hearing this stuff instead of Tiger this and Tiger that.

It makes for great entertainment.

+1. I love hearing this stuff instead of Tiger this and Tiger that.

Sooo true. Nice to be talking about someone else for a change.

We need more players like "new" bubba on tour. Guy likes to have a good time and plays an unconventional style of golf.

I bet he is referring to a video that he, Ben Crane, and Rickie Fowler are making. I heard Rickie say something about a video that they are making and it was Ben's idea, so it is just another funny video that Ben came up with. I am very excited to see it, lol.

Back