TaylorMade R11 Driver in Ghost

It looks enticing, but there would have the be an extreme chain of events that would lead to me not playing my Supertri.

If you look at the homepage image you can see the COOLEST thing about this driver.

Forget the color... pay attention to the little red triangle on the sole of the club. Taylormade is calling this "Adjustable Sole Technology" and it is going to replace the R9 adapter for the opening or closing of the club face. I do not know how the physics work but the idea is you can open or close the face WITHOUT effecting loft. Look closely at the picture you will see a TM wrench port and O, C, N on each of the corners. By moving the sole to the proper alignment you produce the same effect as FCT but without messing up other things.

That is awesome- who cares what color it is... they just produced a technology that I didn't think would be possible.

If you look at the homepage image you can see the COOLEST thing about this driver.

Forget the color... pay attention to the little red triangle on the sole of the club. Taylormade is calling this "Adjustable Sole Technology" and it is going to replace the R9 adapter for the opening or closing of the club face. I do not know how the physics work but the idea is you can open or close the face WITHOUT effecting loft. Look closely at the picture you will see a TM wrench port and O, C, N on each of the corners. By moving the sole to the proper alignment you produce the same effect as FCT but without messing up other things.

That is awesome- who cares what color it is... they just produced a technology that I didn't think would be possible.

i agree with you completely! i don't care what color it is to tell you the truth, nor am i concerned with the durability of the finish.

I'm really liking the looks of this. The White on Black looks fantastic IMO. I'm really liking the AST too. Definitely the next generation of ball flight adjustment. I can't wait to give this a few swings one day!

Not enough views of this yet to say how I'll like it cosmetically, but pretty excited about the adjustability. My old R9 may have to take a hike.

I just saw a few different pics from another site( felt like I was cheating on THP) that show some graphics around the edge of the white crown and a real good look at the face. It looks awesome IMO.....what a sweet look! I hope it plays as good as it looks!

the technology of this driver is intriguing. Without hitting it, would I think about trading in my Supertri for it, no. Will I make it a point to hit it at the THP outing in May, heck yeah

the technology of this driver is intriguing. Without hitting it, would I think about trading in my Supertri for it, no. Will I make it a point to hit it at the THP outing in May, heck yeah

I will be swinging it too. I hope they send quite a few

the one thing that is a constant about taylormade and their drivers is that they step it up. look at the progression of their stuff over the past 5 years. i'd rock this white beast in a minute.....period!

This is beast looking! Can't wait to hit it.....

Here's my thought... the screw in the middle loosens up a larger screw (the red part) that adjust the face O,C,N (the N location towards the back is where the setting would be) without moving the whole club head. If you noticed on the second picture, there's a ridge where the topline meets the face where the face (and just the face) looks like it can swivel around a screw (the red part on the bottom) which changes the face to O,C,N. The R9 adapter is still there as shown on the pics with the same FCT and MWT tech as to prior models. The sole doesn't move, the face does.

i'll just have to be your demo day buddy!

I imagine there will be a lot of people gathered around this one. You know I'll be there!

Has it been confirmed that the Fubuki shaft is stock on this one?

Everytime I see the pictures of this I want to try it more. I have to say I'm a huge fan of how it looks. Better than the Cobra ZL IMO. The white on black finish is awesome looking, I can't wait to try this one out!

Everytime I see the pictures of this I want to try it more. I have to say I'm a huge fan of how it looks. Better than the Cobra ZL IMO. The white on black finish is awesome looking, I can't wait to try this one out!

I was thinking the opposite. I may be biased though :act-up:

I kinda like it...

ok, so after watching IJP tee off with his ghosted ZL, the idea of a white driver keeps growing on me. it looks fantastic and i only hope that TM goes the route of a white or at least 3/4 white shaft.

+1 I could see a shaft kind of like the ones in SeeMore putters....darker or even whiter towards to bottom for blending purposes, etc.
ok, so after watching IJP tee off with his ghosted ZL, the idea of a white driver keeps growing on me. it looks fantastic and i only hope that TM goes the route of a white or at least 3/4 white shaft.

Is there anyone with a R11 in play yet?

+1 I could see a shaft kind of like the ones in SeeMore putters....darker or even whiter towards to bottom for blending purposes, etc.

that would be good looking or white at least half way up, then some graphics that blends in another color. although i'd put a black miyazaki in it in a heart beat, haha

Is there anyone with a R11 in play yet?

not that i've seen dude. the ZL driver that IJP's been gaming looks sick on the tv dude.

that would be good looking or white at least half way up, then some graphics that blends in another color. although i'd put a black miyazaki in it in a heart beat, haha

not that i've seen dude. the ZL driver that IJP's been gaming looks sick on the tv dude.

Id think some of the TM guys would have one in play pretty soon. And I have to agree, the whitle Cobra ZL looks amazing. I love the white out treatment.

so we have a white putter, a white driver, are white irons on the way?

Back