Tiger Woods Press Conference

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Tiger to give news conference tomorrow at the AT&T. Carried live on The Golf Channel.

Any predictions on what he'll say?

A couple possibilities.

My knee is bad and I need surgery.
I'm proud to announce NOW as a new sponsor.
I like pie from Perkins.
I found out Foley teaches like Weir plays.
You're going to see a different Tiger out there.

Kevin

I'm back!

mmmm... this should be good.

I'm setting it up as we speak. He's just talking about his tournament, the foundation, Aronimink, etc.
0c1ef842-1871-7627.jpg

I'm setting it up as we speak. He's just talking about his tournament, the foundation, Aronimink, etc.
0c1ef842-1871-7627.jpg

Cool beans. Are you gonna be at the conference?

It's gotta be more than that if he's calling a news conference. If it's just the above, then what's the big deal?

Dang, I was hoping for some real breaking news about Tiger. Who knows, he might pull something out of his hat.

"Hello world."

Oh. Wait, he's already done that one.

hmmm.... 3.2.1. Yeah I'll be watching.

Dang, I was hoping for some real breaking news about Tiger. Who knows, he might pull something out of his hat.

Like a triple bogey on a short par four?

Kevin

I think he'll talk about how big his teeth are and he's decided to go into cosmetic dentistry.

I expect him to say that he's going to take some time off again. His body and his mind arent where they need to be for him to be competitive, so I expect he will step away from the game.

It's gotta be more than that if he's calling a news conference. If it's just the above, then what's the big deal?

That's what I thought. I asked his reps, they said he'll be playing. I really doubt it though. I think he's done for a while.

That's what I thought. I asked his reps, they said he'll be playing. I really doubt it though. I think he's done for a while.

He is playing this week???? Wow, what a freaking idiot. If he is really hurt, he needs to suck up what is left of his pride and wait it out, THEN come out and play. A lot, preferably.

Consider me in the camp that thinks this is going to be an injury thing. Not sure what else he'd have to announce.

esox: nice with the li'l sebastion reference. parks and rec is a cool show.

I'd be surprised if his people would say anything to anyone before the press conference. Just because they say it, don't mean it's so.

He is not playing in the tournament, I am not 100% sure why he is there. I know he used to host it, but I'm not sure since they do not sponsor him any more.

He is playing this week???? Wow, what a freaking idiot. If he is really hurt, he needs to suck up what is left of his pride and wait it out, THEN come out and play. A lot, preferably.

He's not playing this week. Thainer is saying that he'll play in the AT&T National.

This sounds like media day for the AT&T National, every tournament does this a few weeks before the tournament. The only 2 reasons that Golf Channel is showing this is because a) it's Tiger and b) they don't have anything better to show at 11 AM on a Tuesday. About media days: Paula Creamer just tweeted that her media day for the US Open is coming up tomorrow, but of course there's no buzz over that.

He's not playing this week. Thainer is saying that he'll play in the AT&T National.

This sounds like media day for the AT&T National, every tournament does this a few weeks before the tournament. The only 2 reasons that Golf Channel is showing this is because a) it's Tiger and b) they don't have anything better to show at 11 AM on a Tuesday. About media days: Paula Creamer just tweeted that her media day for the US Open is coming up tomorrow, but of course there's no buzz over that.

Oh, I see. I was confused for a second...

Consider me in the camp that thinks this is going to be an injury thing. Not sure what else he'd have to announce.

esox: nice with the li'l sebastion reference. parks and rec is a cool show.

X2 on both points.

I'd be surprised if his people would say anything to anyone before the press conference. Just because they say it, don't mean it's so.

Exactly. I agree. They were just super positive and I was like hey now. No way. Hes calling a quits after the us open until next years masters I think.

Exactly. I agree. They were just super positive and I was like hey now. No way. Hes calling a quits after the us open until next years masters I think.

That is a good idea. Don't know if he will stick to it, but that is a good idea.

Why would he play the Open if he plans on pulling the plug on the season because he's hurt? If he's that injured, he should do us, wait, himself a favor and pull the plug now. Let the golfers who actually play golf on a regular basis play golf.

Kevin

Back