Yeah, he knows just what she means. How did he know she played, anyway?

I like the USA team sweaters today:

34609871.jpg

34621799.jpg

Why are the Caddies wearing Giants jerseys, im going to be sick.

Why are the Caddies wearing Giants jerseys, im going to be sick.

On eve of the Presidents Cup, Americans resort to shameless pandering: Local Knowledge: Golf Digest Magazine

On eve of the Presidents Cup, Americans resort to shameless pandering

10.07.09 | 12:15 PM

SAN FRANCISCO -- Among Paul Azinger's other ploys as U.S. Ryder Cup captain was to have his players hand out thousands of American lapel pins to fans during the practice rounds.

Fred Couples has opted for a different route at Harding Park, draping the American caddies today in San Francisco Giants jerseys.

A couple of questions on this:

How does Tiger Woods, a supposed Dodgers fan, honestly feel about his caddie wearing the dreaded orange and black (although, of course it was Williams who scored Willie Mays' 24?)

And finally, will this assure that the thousands of A's fans in attendance this week will root for the Internationals?

Update: A couple of pressing details. The Giants idea was apparently the brainchild of John Wood, Hunter Mahan's caddie and a huge Giants fan. Also, not sure what to make of Steve Stricker caddie Jim Johnson wearing the 25 made famous by the maligned Barry Bonds.

-- Sam Weinman

Here are some better quality pictures from the photo wire:

9be55c3307bafad78a4ca0aa51ca3ad5-getty-84084043sh017_the_president.jpg

457adc2819d5905b103fa97339160e9b-getty-84084043sh034_the_president.jpg

6724388a8717cc97499bfc293c7f3d51-getty-84084043sh006_the_president.jpg

EDIT: anyone know who is providing the team apparel?

Those are the same sweater with different colors that we previewed in Fall Fashion Preview with Ashworth.

664259474_QjEeE-L.jpg

664259102_hLvFf-L.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Harry. The sweater is definitely better than the baseball jersey.

Hacker has added "re-tweet" buttons to the home page. If you read an article and have a twitter account, please help us out and "re-tweet" the article. All you have to do is click the button and the software basically does it for you.

Thanks

IMG_1628_normal.jpg
morganpressel Question of the day....where in the world is Morgan Pressel??

about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter
wookie-twitter_normal.jpg
HarryLongshanks @morganpressel Pure guess: Austin?

about 2 hours ago from web in reply to morganpressel
Spoiler
IMG_1628_normal.jpg
morganpressel http://twitpic.com/l1bh9In a sea of burnt orange!!

about 1 hour ago from TwitPic

35333469.jpg

tiffjoh has some serious competition for my :love:

IMG_1628_normal.jpg
morganpressel This place is going crazy!!!!

11 minutes ago from UberTwitter
I'm really glad Madison Pressel decided to go to Texas. Morgan didn't get the college experience and it's cool that she can get a little taste of it with Madison.

IMG_1628_normal.jpg
morganpressel
Madi and I had lots of fun at the game :) Getting the college experience without all the work!

35 minutes ago from web

whistle.gif

The wallpaper for the 2009-2010 UCLA women's golf team's Twitter page.

ucla-team.gif

I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:
IMG_1628_normal.jpg
morganpressel RT @ronsirak Morgan Pressel's Golf World column on breast cancer: Golf: Morgan Pressel: My Story: Golf Digest Magazine
Golf: Morgan Pressel: My Story: Golf Digest Magazine

My Story
Raising money and awareness to stop breast cancer

gwar01_1019pressel.jpg

Chipping in: Since losing her mom to breast cancer in '03, Pressel has been active in the
fight against the disease, including her fundraiser in Boca Raton, Fla.

By Morgan Pressel
Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images

October 19, 2009

Breast cancer has been a part of my life since I was 11 years old. That's when my parents sat the three of us down at the kitchen table—my sister was three years younger than me and my brother five years younger—and Dad told us our mother was sick. They were trying to explain to three little kids that their mother has a life-threatening illness, and we just didn't understand. My mom, Kathy Krickstein Pressel, was 39 that day. Four years later breast cancer took her from us.

As a kid you think those you care about have a magical protection. When bad news comes, you tell yourself everything will be OK, even if you don't believe it. You just keep saying, "She'll be fine, she'll be fine, she'll be fine." The thing about cancer patients is that until they lose their hair they don't really look sick. When you live with someone with cancer, it is easy to lose sight of the fact she is sick. When Mom started to lose a little bit of energy, that was the first thing I noticed.

When Mom lost her hair that was hard for her, and for us to see her with a wig, or a hat. We all had to stay positive for her. She had a mastectomy and then chemotherapy. Then she was in remission for two and a half years and we all thought everything was fine. But it came back as stage IV cancer.

Maybe it was because I was older or because it affected her differently, but I noticed it more this time. She only lived a year and a half after the cancer returned, and it was much different than the first bout. When she watched me play in the 2001 U.S. Women's Open when I was 13, people had no idea she was sick. Two years later at the Doherty Championship, the year she died, she was visibly sick. It was 30 degrees and she was all wrapped up in blankets, but she was still out there to watch me.

Even before I became a professional golfer I knew I wanted to help raise money for research and early detection. Two years ago, I started the Morgan & Friends Fight Cancer Tournament, which will be played Jan. 4-5, 2010 at St. Andrews CC in Boca Raton, Fla. With the help of Polo Ralph Lauren, we have also raised funds selling the Pink Pony "Morgan shirt." These efforts have raised nearly $1 million for the Lynn Cancer Institute's Breast Cancer Center at Boca Raton Community Hospital and the Sylvester Cancer Center at the University of Miami. Recent efforts through Boca Raton Hospital Foundation's Go Pink Challenge resulted in the purchase of the Kathryn Krickstein Pressel MonnoVan which will provide traveling state-of-the-art digital mammography to the residents of Palm Beach County.

Just as important as the money is the need to increase awareness. That's why campaigns like this Golf World Pink Issue are important. We must tell the stories of women such as Missy Farr-Kaye, who you will read about in this issue.

We need to bring the message of early detection to everyone. Medical equipment is better; doctors now have so much experience with the disease, they're getting better at pinpointing and combating it. But when you are diagnosed at stage IV, it doesn't matter who your doctor is because the cancer has probably already spread too far.

You can't sit there and think this won't happen to me. Women need to get mammograms and do self-examinations. The men in their lives need to support and encourage them. The earlier you find it, the better off you are, there is no question about that. Think about the women on our tour and how many will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Maybe it will be me. And if that day comes, hopefully I'll have the best care possible and maybe there will even be a cure.

That's what we are all working toward—a cure. We want to end those tearful kitchen-table conversations where Daddy tells three young children that Mommy is sick.

We can do this. We must do this. We will do this.

I have decided to resume my crush on Paula Creamer because of her new Twitter avatar. Also, I like her voice.

IMG00107.jpg

That is all.

It might be easier for you to list the female pro golfers (or female golfers, or just females) on whom you DON'T have a crush. Save us all some time.

Parker MacLachlin violated PGA Tour policy by "Tweeting" during the final round of the Frys.com Open on Sunday. Supposedly it was the first ever time a player has tweeted during a round.

ParkerMac.jpg

And they say nothing happens in the Fall Series : Local Knowledge: Golf Digest Magazine

And they say nothing happens in the Fall Series

10.26.09 | 4:36 PM

When you think of golf pioneers, the mind spans the giants of the game such as Arnold Palmer, Tiger Woods, and of course, Parker McLachlin.

Wait, what? Well, think about it: while Palmer and Woods have both been credited with bringing golf to the masses, neither has been able to do so as directly as McLachlan, who violated PGA Tour policy for a first-ever in-tournament tweet during the final round of the Frys.com Open on Sunday.

The post itself wasn't terribly revealing (it read: "Just made birdie on 4. Waiting on 5th tee. First tweet during a tourney round. Don't want to get too used to this!") but it was still enough to elicit a phone call from PGA Tour executive vice president Rick George, who informed an unwitting McLachlan that he was breaking Tour policy.

For those scoring at home, the rule broken was for the use of electronic devices during competition, and not, as we first suspected, for a superfluous use of an exclamation point.

McLachlan elaborated on the infraction to ESPN.com's Jason Sobel:

"Basically, in [Sunday's] round we had a pretty long wait on the back nine sitting on the tee," McLachlin said. "The guys that I was playing with [Brad Faxon and Glen Day] were checking football scores and someone yelled out, 'You should tweet about what you're doing right now.' I was like, that's a good idea. I didn't really think too much about it."

According to Sobel, both Faxon and Day also technically violated PGA Tour rules for checking football scores on a cell phone.

Man, you'd think if guys were going to go to all the trouble of cheating, they'd at least do something that could work to their advantage.

Do you think Morgan will return to Twitter? I thought she would have once the season started, maybe waiting until a return to the states? I hope so.

Do you think Morgan will return to Twitter? I thought she would have once the season started, maybe waiting until a return to the states? I hope so.

We asked her agent that last week and he sounded "confused". I said "for someone that was pretty much on there all the time, she dropped off, did something happen?" He did not have any idea what was going on. It was as if I asked him about nuclear physics.

That could certainly be it. I was playing golf close to the Mexican border last week and got a text from AT&T that said my plan did not cover data transmission in a foreign country and there would be a big charge to me for using it. Might be the same for her in Asia.

We asked her agent that last week and he sounded "confused". I said "for someone that was pretty much on there all the time, she dropped off, did something happen?" He did not have any idea what was going on. It was as if I asked him about nuclear physics.

I remember a month or so after the season ended Christina Kim actually commented on Morgan not tweeting anymore. She just said that she was stopping during the off season. That makes sense, these girls are mostly doing this to promote their sport so the off season is their personal time. I am hoping that she starts again for the season, I always liked her comments.

TWITTER

TWITTER

Do we have an official Twitter thread to post sign-in on Twitter?

If not here we go.

Mine is johndeere10

Andy

ripper444

Back