Bridgestone Golf Demo Day Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2011 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day has concluded and one of the many wonderful things that took place was the ability to hit just about every piece golf equipment you could imagine. We provided notebooks, pens, and gear and ask that people give their thoughts on the equipment that they tried.

This thread will be devoted for the Bridgestone Golf Balls that each attendee received for their rounds.

first off I want to say thanks for the golf balls. I absolutely love the B33 line of balls. Myself and P4B switched out a sleeve of the RX for the S and I came away very impressed with both. I will say that I preferred the S a little bit more.

Thank You :bridgestone: for supplying everyone with a dozen balls. That is really amazing that they would do that. I had the 330 RX in yellow and really enjoyed that ball. I've used it before the outing and it really is becoming my favorite ball. The ball seemed real easy to stop on the greens down at PGA National. It seems to be a pretty durable ball as well.

I too am really appreciative of Bridgestone for supplying us with fantastic golf balls. I played the B330s and LOVED them. They were long and had good control. Prior to the outing my only complaint with the B330s was they felt more firm with the putter, however, I was using the TM Ghost Tour putter for the rounds and the ball feels great off the face of that putter as compared to my Scotty. I am going to have to buy a box of B330Ss just to do a final comparison. Great golf balls!

I had the E5's for the majority of the weekend and walked away very impressed. I have hit the 330 RX, 330 RXS and B330S. Definitely top 2 for me from Bridgestone and a great ball around the greens for me. I like the fact it seems to launch a little higher but doesnt balloon of get caught up in flight. I did hit into the wind and the ball did seem to hang some. Not sure if it was more than others but I thought I'd mention it just doesn't cut through it.

The ball felt soft and I was able to to compress it. I know we've had discussions on the forum before and I would attribute the softness to the cover. The ball felt firmer though than the Zips I had in my bag. Around the greens I had no trouble with distance control on chips and the rollout seemed to really fit my swing well.

I'm probably going to keep playing this ball until the MC and probably after it. For the price this ball can't be beat imo. Unless you have a problem with over compressing it, I don't see any reason not to try it.

A huge thank you to Bridgestone for supplying golf balls for all of us. It's something that they didn't have to do at all and gestures like that are what makes them my #1 ball of choice. I chose my old faithful ball, the B330RX. I love this ball, it does everything well for me. To think that they provided well over 50 dozen golf balls just blows my mind. I hope all those that were in attendance that may not have played Bridgestone in the past thinks about doing so in the future.

Well said TC. With all the options they provide and quality of balls, I really can't see switching. I probably shouldn't say that but for those of who lose balls more ($$$) and need a great option (with a urethane cover so we can "Feel" around the greens) the E5's have it all.

A huge thank you to Bridgestone for supplying golf balls for all of us. It's something that they didn't have to do at all and gestures like that are what makes them my #1 ball of choice. I chose my old faithful ball, the B330RX. I love this ball, it does everything well for me. To think that they provided well over 50 dozen golf balls just blows my mind. I hope all those that were in attendance that may not have played Bridgestone in the past thinks about doing so in the future.

I was lucky enough to get the B330-RX in optic yellow from Bridgestone for the weekend. This is my 'other' ball besides the e6 and I chose it mainly because I wanted to see how it performed after using the e6 all year. Also, I hadn't had a chance to use the optic yellow. I came away very impressed and found myself pondering a switch to this ball. I like that it's easy to compress off the driver and I hit some very long (for me) drives over the weekend. Also, I enjoyed the extra spin on approach shots into the green. I had the chance to compare similar shots between the RX and a Chromax and the ball was way closer to the pitch mark with the RX. Coming into summer, I think that the extra spin will be an asset as greens get firmer. I personally love the optic yellow. I find it to be incredibly bright and easy to spot from a long way away. In all, it's just an excellent ball and I appreciate that Bridgestone provided it for me. Time and time again, THP members benefit from their amazing generosity.

I would be super appreciative if any of the attendees would share their experiences going between the B330 and the B330RX balls.

My oddly specific request is due to the fact that my swing speed hovers around the line differentiating the two and I have normally played the B330 in warm weather B330RX in cold weather.

Thanks in advance and I am totally impressed with Bridgestone and THP for making this happen.

I want to thank Bridgestone for the sweet golf balls. I gamed the 330RX during the weekend. I thought they were a great ball. They did a great job sticking on hard and fast greens. I think I might continue to game these down the road.

I have hit both and like both. I hit the B330 longer, but the RX is softer on the greens. I was originally planning on playing the RX but when I went to the B'Stone fitting they said that the RX was knuckling when I hit it and that I should stick with the B330 (my SS is around 108mph). They are both great balls!

I got to play the Yellow e6 all weekend and really enjoyed this ball, not only was the yellow much easier for me to see in the air and on the ground but the ball was very predictable in what it was going to do around the greens and off the tee. It also helped reign in my horrible slice for a few holes so I'd actually hit the fairway. Thanks a ton to :bridgestone: supplying a dozen for us to use.

Well first off a huge thank you goes out to Bridgestone Golf for supplying these balls for us. What an amazing gesture, not just any cheap dozen balls either, a dozen that is fit to us and are prominently used by the best players in the world.

I've used the B330-S ball for quite a while now and there just is simply nothing better as far as I'm concerned. The distance, feel and spin are amazing and what really sets this ball above the rest is the durability. Even against the golf ball killing grooves of a CG15 the B330-S still holds up.

I have hit both and like both. I hit the B330 longer, but the RX is softer on the greens. I was originally planning on playing the RX but when I went to the B'Stone fitting they said that the RX was knuckling when I hit it and that I should stick with the B330 (my SS is around 108mph). They are both great balls!

Thanks Dr. Teeth. Your SS is a little higher than mine when it was last measured but you gave me the exact feedback I was looking for.

If nothing else this thread has me searching for a local Bridgestone Challenge fitting event.

If you can find one then I could not recommend it more highly. It is a very enlightening process. When I went in I told them that I didn't want to steer my fitting in anyway, so the only thing I told them was what my current ball of choice was. After that I told them that what ever they recommended I would try. For me they said that the Penta I was using was an excellent ball, but that my ball speed on the B330 was better. The fitters are super knowledgeable and can definitely point you in the right direction.

Loved using the 330-RX in Optic Yellow for the Outing. It's such a good performer from tee to green that it's hard to find something wrong with it. Good feel? Yes. Durable? Yes. Easy to find/track? Yes. I was fit for this ball earlier in the year and I don't plan to deviate from it just yet. Thank you Bridgestone!

First off thanks to Bridgestone for being a sponsor and providing all of us a dozen of our choice balls. Super gesture and one that I hope continues onto future outings.

I requested the B330-S since that's what BFit online recommended for me. I didn't think this was possible so I tried again and sure enough that was the ball fit for me. All I can say is wow! Great ball and I was getting distance and spin from this ball (I think Cmoors saw that I stuck a 5 iron on a green one time which has never happened). The feel off the driver was sensational, and off the putter was great as well. I'm sure if my short game was better I would be able to spin and control these without a doubt. This will definitely be my Bridgestone go-to ball in the future.

Lime those before me I want to thank Bridgestone for their generousity. I played the e5, during my fitting we came to the conclusion that either it or the RX would be the best ball for my game, since I have played the RX quite a bit I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to experiment with the e5. From green to 120 yds out I loved the e5. Very durable cover as well, granted I do not have the most aggressive grooves however it launched way to high for me off the driver and longer clubs. For a player who struggles to get the ball up in the air I think this would be an incredible ball, but for me I was sacrificing distance with the added elevation. Not a knock on the ball and as the b-stone fitter made the point that I may see this very ball flight with the e5, prooves the point that they know how to fit a ball to a player.

Big thanks to Bridgestone for supplying the lakes and ponds of PGA National with some barely hit balls. I absolutely love the B330RX yellow ball. It is the perfect blend of distance ball with my driver and great spin around the greens. I don't know how they did it but this ball is perfect.

Big thanks to Bridgestone for supplying the lakes and ponds of PGA National with some barely hit balls. I absolutely love the B330RX yellow ball. It is the perfect blend of distance ball with my driver and great spin around the greens. I don't know how they did it but this ball is perfect.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I love the B330RX yellow too. And I managed to come home with half my balls LMAO.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I love the B330RX yellow too. And I managed to come home with half my balls LMAO.

I left half my balls in the damn cart! I was so pissed

I left half my balls in the damn cart! I was so pissed

No!!! I dropped my half I didnt lose down into the ball holder in my bag. Somewhere GG is giggling. :alien:

Loved hitting the B330 balls again. I think these are the longest balls I've ever played, even a bit more than the Pentas. When my tee game is on, they are just bombs, and when its off, these often keep me in play versus the Pentas. Finally by the scramble round Saturday I started hitting some decent drives with this ball and they were out there a long way. A little less spin than the Pentas was also giving me some really nice roll out on the fairways.

I think giving up a little green side spin for these versus the Pentas is probably worth the trade off on the tee box.

Oh, one more comment... I played these again last night at my league. Had a short 270 yard par 4, downwind. Was about to hit driver, but decided I might fly the green (into trouble) if I got it good. I currently don't carry a 3 wood so that left my M1 Mashie. I got both cheeks into the swing and just mauled that B330. The thing landed on the green and rolled to pin high just off back edge of the green. This ball provides explosive distance.

I got a dozen of the B330RX yellow balls. I've been playing these balls for quite a while now and I just love them. I get a great roll out with them off the drives and they are really soft around the greens. Highly recommend them! What an awesome gift from Bridgestone! Thank you!

Thanks to Bridgestone for the awesome golf balls they supplied us for our outing! I played the B330RX and it is THE ball in my opinion. It feels smooth off the club face yet explodes for all the distance a golfer could ask for. What really impresses me with this ball is the shorter shots into the greens. It performs and the confidence you receive is invaluable for building a solid green side game. I say building as I am still looking for one (short game) although with this ball, I at least stand a good chance. The Bridgestone B330RX is a ball suited for golfers with swing speeds under 100 mph. From my prospective as a senior golfer, I would highly recommend you trying a sleeve of these great balls.

Back