Which Company do you Have the Most Respect for?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
This is not a thread about what equipment you like the most. You could hate their equipment. This is about customer service, business missions, and, in general, what a company has done for the world of golf.

My pick goes with Bridgestone. They have done more to help the average Joe than any other company I know of.

This is not a thread about what equipment you like the most. You could hate their equipment. This is about customer service, business missions, and, in general, what a company has done for the world of golf.

My pick goes with Bridgestone. They have done more to help the average Joe than any other company I know of.

Not arguing the point, just curious as to how bridgestone has done that

Not arguing the point, just curious as to how bridgestone has done that

Apart from pretty much pioneering ball fitting, they also made it a free service to the public, and they are honest with their opinions.

I am really big on Mizuno. They make high quality gear and don't shove their product down your throat. They keep quiet and let their reputation depend on consumer feedback.

Respect? Has to be Titleist. They have been the company that I have known the longest and they have quality equipment and their clubs seem to say professional. Plus they have been a full line company for many years unlike others. However the only thing I play Titleist is their ball.

The first thing that popped into my head is SeeMore, after hearing all the great things about them on THP.

As a business student, I would say Taylormade. Theyve really nailed down their target market and business strategy to access those markets fully. Their business sense is unbelievable.

Josh and I, and many others were talking about the possibility of the R11 Supertri coming out, or something similar, and the reason they stagger releases. But the reason they did not release it with the R11 is because 5/10 of the people buying the new driver would be people who had already purchased the R11 and could not hit it, couldnt hit it well, or just were content with mediocre results. This is not knocking the people who love the r11 because they would most likely would not make the switch. But Im sure most understand where Im coming from.

TaylorMade apparently have great customer service

Mine is TaylorMade hands down. Having met many of their employees and seen their approach to golf from many different angles, I think this is a company that has got it right!

To me the overall product and customer service of Taylormade is unparalleled. I once had a small issue in a driver and sent it to Taylormade and it was returned to me within 2 weeks fixed. Not to mention all of the custom work they hooked the Morgan Cuppers with!? Taylormade also does some amazing stuff such as inviting people to the Kindom! Seeing all of the pictures on here was absolutely amazing! I just feel Taylormade dominates nearly every aspect. Just my opinion :D

Apart from pretty much pioneering ball fitting, they also made it a free service to the public, and they are honest with their opinions.

The problem with their or any companies ball fitting program is they only recommend their ball and do not really fit you into the best ball for you only the best ball for you that THEY make. How is that doing more for the average Joe?

Bridgestone does not do that. Even if they did, they have a complete line for all golfers to take advantage of. But they dont. They recommend balls from any company.
The problem with their or any companies ball fitting program is they only recommend their ball and do not really fit you into the best ball for you only the best ball for you that THEY make. How is that doing more for the average Joe?

To me the overall product and customer service of Taylormade is unparalleled. I once had a small issue in a driver and sent it to Taylormade and it was returned to me within 2 weeks fixed. Not to mention all of the custom work they hooked the Morgan Cuppers with!? Taylormade also does some amazing stuff such as inviting people to the Kindom! Seeing all of the pictures on here was absolutely amazing! I just feel Taylormade dominates nearly every aspect. Just my opinion :D

Im curious if you have dealt with any other company's customer service to make that claim?

That really is not the case. If you go through one of their ball fittings, you will see that you hit whatever ball you want as well as a Bridgestone and they will tell you honestly which one you hit better.

I have read many stories in which they did not recommend theri own ball.

SeeMore Putter Company is awesome. My wife had some personal dealings with them that made me a fan forever.

I'm not sure I really have more respect for one company over another. I have used CS with many different companies include PING, TM, Callaway, and Nike and have never had any issues with either of them.

Though they push equipment out almost every other week(that's out it feels at times) I do like Adams Golf. I like how they offer multiple lines that can make it cost efficient to get in to this game. Go to Dicks and you can pick up a set of Adams GT Extreme irons or something like that for under 200 bucks. I also think their Tight Lies box sets are great for people just starting to get in to the game.

Im curious if you have dealt with any other company's customer service to make that claim?

That really is not the case. If you go through one of their ball fittings, you will see that you hit whatever ball you want as well as a Bridgestone and they will tell you honestly which one you hit better.

Not what happened to me. They only recommended a Bridgestone and it wasn't even the best one for me. Glad others have had a better experience.

I have a ton of respect for TM, but I'm going to go another direction and say I respect Ping. The fact that they make their clubs in the US (correct me if I'm wrong) is wonderful. So many companies are having their products built overseas for pennies on the dollar. Also Ping's fitting system helped revolutionize club fitting IMO, and helped us "Joes" get clubs that fit our game best. That being said, as of last year I no longer play any Ping equipment.

while this seems like a very subjective/opinion based question ill toss in my one and only customer service story...

i hit a ball horribly with a brand new driver off the inside heel (not the face) and put a huge dent in it. I call where i purchased it from and the said it was not covered but suggested i call Cleveland. Cleveland was more then happy to replace the driver no questions asked. Now i dont know if i have the most 'respect' for Cleveland over other golf equipment companies, but i will say that there handling of the matter certainly made me always consider there equipment when making a new purchase.

On the flip side, im sure that for every 10 compliments of some company youll find someone that has had a negative experince and would recommend that you avoid that company at all costs.

I have a ton of respect for TM, but I'm going to go another direction and say I respect Ping. The fact that they make their clubs in the US (correct me if I'm wrong) is wonderful. So many companies are having their products built overseas for pennies on the dollar. Also Ping's fitting system helped revolutionize club fitting IMO, and helped us "Joes" get clubs that fit our game best. That being said, as of last year I no longer play any Ping equipment.

I believe ping has changed that philosophy on the us clubmaking. I think they assemble them here, and adjust them here, but no longer manufacture them here (i think)

I believe ping has changed that philosophy on the us clubmaking. I think they assemble them here, and adjust them here, but no longer manufacture them here (i think)

I believe you are right on that

They do not make their goods in the US any longer. Some companies still do such as Bettinardi, SeeMore and a few others.

I talked to a couple of people that went through a bridgestone ball fitting and they was recommended to play other companys balls.

Nike.

They looked at the market, decided they were going to get into it and play with the big boys and they did. I've had nothing but good experiences with their product and customer service. There also seems to be some rumblings about them launching a huge "golf is for everyone" campaign, which at least in my area, is really needed and if Nike steps up and is the one to do it, more power to them.

Also on my list if Ping for the club fitting revolution and Seemore for the best customer service I've ever experienced in any market segment.

Finally TM gets the nod from the business perspective. As a consumer, it annoys me. As a business person, it's blinking impressive.

I talked to a couple of people that went through a bridgestone ball fitting and they was recommended to play other companys balls.

This is what we have seen all the time both live at clubs and at the PGA Show where they fit thousands over a few days.

Back