Tucked or Untucked that is the question!

Tucked or Untucked that is the question!

• Tuck

Votes: 104 74.3%
  • Untuck

Votes: 36 25.7%

• Total voters
It's situational. When I wear pants- tucked. Shorts- untucked. Just what I feel most comfortable with.

Of course not. What kind of freak do you think I am?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Of course not. What kind of freak do you think I am?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

OH 'yer pretty freaky. But I'm glad I won't be seein any pictures! LOL

Usually always tucked.

If I'm playing a muni in the summer than I'll normally have cargo shorts on. This is NOT a good look when the shirt is tucked in. But I stress this is at a muni only!

At all private courses & at all times if wearing trousers then it's got to be tucked.

Totally agree with the post earlier regarding the origins of golf being a "Gentleman's Game".

Although it's good to have lost the bad points from this eliteist tag! The good values such as decorum & respect should be carried on.

However the one dress rule that I hate!!! (not sure how this is in the US) but here in the UK, ankle high socks (trainer socks) are not permitted when wearing shorts.
In my opinion these look better than the allowed mid shin high socks (regular sports socks).

I wouldn't dream of stepping out in public with shorts, trainers & regular sport socks!!!!! So why should I on the golf course.

Last edited:
For me it depends on why I am playing the course. Weekend round, untucked. Company outing, scramble, or business related (golfing with customers) then it is tucked.

I replied once earlier and I like to be tucked (4putting,swinging&looking) BUT it is very hard to keep most of my shirts in so I tend to not wear quite a few as I can't keep em in. I am 6'1" w a 31" inseam so I have a pretty long waist but so many of my shirts are barely in then you start swinging and pop out they come - I wish manufacturers would get it - how many shirts do you have that are too long? If I buy xl or larger the shoulder is cut somewhere down my bicep and they are made for guys who are um.. uh .. HUSKY yeah that's it.... :mad-tongue:

Usually tucked while playing, but untucked during rangetime.

I replied once earlier and I like to be tucked (4putting,swinging&looking) BUT it is very hard to keep most of my shirts in so I tend to not wear quite a few as I can't keep em in. I am 6'1" w a 31" inseam so I have a pretty long waist but so many of my shirts are barely in then you start swinging and pop out they come - I wish manufacturers would get it - how many shirts do you have that are too long? If I buy xl or larger the shoulder is cut somewhere down my bicep and they are made for guys who are um.. uh .. HUSKY yeah that's it.... :mad-tongue:

Keep an eye out for large tall. I know Ralph Lauren sells that size, I have a few in XL-tall.

Tucked...if it's long enough.

Tucked into my drawers if I can get em this time of year :D

I figured if I am spending money on decent clothes to play golf, I might as well tuck them in to look the part....

Always tucked.

Shirt: Tucked or Un-Tucked (on the course)

Shirt: Tucked or Un-Tucked (on the course)

On the course, shirt TUCKED in or UN-TUCKED?

For me it is tucked in 99% of the time.

I like to say; Look Good, Play Good, Play Good, Pay Good

Merged with another lengthy thread and poll on the same topic.

I am a part of the tucked crowd, if the shirt tail is cut somewhat short and it difficult to keep tucked I just untuck for the rest of that round and then don't wear it to the course any more. I buy tall sizes anytime I find them and most of my shirts fit pretty well. I am 6' 3" tall and have found that Ashworth shirts are usually cut to extra length because they are a golf targeted company.

I'd have to say tucked. The reason for this is purely performance based. I have a better feel when my shirt is tucked. But I will admit, buy 16-17-18, it starts to get untucked. Maybe even earlier depending on what type of round I am having.

Funny this one got bumped back up.

While GG and I were at Windermere CC today, the sign in the proshop says that at the beginning of rounds, shirts must be tucked in for men.

Tucked because I like it that way.

starts out tucked, doesn't always stay that way... although the Ping shorts with the rubber gripper strips inside the waistband keep shirts nicely tucked for the whole round.

Back