Putters- White Hot or Not

Well, give us something to work with, bud. What do you like, dislike? How much are you willing to spend? What kind of stroke do you have?

Are you an insert guy or not? Blades or Mallets?

From the title, I am assuming you are considering the White Hot series from Odyssey. Have you ever hit them? Do you like the way they look? They are great putters, but only if they work for you.

There's only one putter and that's a Scotty Cameron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should try one of the new TM Ghosts or EST 79 with the "Pure Roll" insert. The ball comes off of the face very well and feels great. They have several different models available in each line.

I think this belongs in the putter section, not the "Contests & Giveaway" section.

Matt, as you have seen in the previous posts, you have got to give us more to go on buddy.

I think this belongs in the putter section, not the "Contests & Giveaway" section.

Not if you give him a White Hot. Haha.

I didn't even notice til you mentioned it.

I would head to local golf store and start puting with everything that looks good, then everything that is not appealing...you should find something you like. With all the new technology it will be a tough call. The Ghost series, Method Core By Nike, Scotty, The Gambler series...You should have fun

I agree with Tadashi. Just go roll as many as you can and figure out what you like. Insert, no insert, center shafted, there's a ton of different choices. Try to find out what length putter you need also, that's a big factor. The Scotty comment earlier was just a joke.

I say Go SeeMore read the thread. They are awesome putters......

I'm biased toward Scotty Cameron due to my love for my Scotty, but there are a lot of great putters out there. The Taylormade Ghosts are pretty sweet, but test out a bunch of stuff and find what you do the best with.

I read this as 2 different questions...so I'll answer both.

1) Should I get a white putter? Heck yeah you should if you find one that feels good. I love my current putter and have considered sending it to Vibrant to make it white. While I do like the white drivers, I can see where some say it's a gimmick...but with putters I think by and large it is the wave of the future. So easy to line up and see what your clubface is doing while you take your stroke!

2) Should I get an Odyssey White Hot putter? Sure, if that's what you like. I prefer it's insert to the newer White Ice.

Back