5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I had a very busy day in Macon,Ga. today and then after all my buisness was taken care of, I went straight to the golf course. Played 18 holes with two of my friends and then afterwards, KellyyBo called and we met up at the Gym. Great workout (man am I worn out today but it feels great ) and then came home and ate some turnip greens and soup. When I got on here and caught up on all the activity, I could not believe what I saw! WOW it is so cool to see so many people really putting so much effort into getting their health back and their bodies in shape. There was some comical posts (errrrr Rhino, KellyBo, & staticline) and some posts that you could feel the sincerity of how folks were so proud of themselves for making this commitment. For those of you following this thread, we still have room and time for you to jump on board.

GG you have made all of us excited and pumped when you jumped on the wagon. Just your presence here motivates so many people. Thank you for adding to the excitement and sharing with us your progress :thumb:

Thank you Gray. It's fun being a part of this thread and I love having the support of everyone on here. It gets me excited to work out so I can come back and tell everyone I stuck with it. I am already planning how I am going to break up my 45 minutes of cardio tomorrow.

I had a very busy day in Macon,Ga. today and then after all my buisness was taken care of, I went straight to the golf course. Played 18 holes with two of my friends and then afterwards, KellyyBo called and we met up at the Gym. Great workout (man am I worn out today but it feels great ) and then came home and ate some turnip greens and soup. When I got on here and caught up on all the activity, I could not believe what I saw! WOW it is so cool to see so many people really putting so much effort into getting their health back and their bodies in shape. There was some comical posts (errrrr Rhino, KellyBo, & staticline) and some posts that you could feel the sincerity of how folks were so proud of themselves for making this commitment. For those of you following this thread, we still have room and time for you to jump on board.

GG you have made all of us excited and pumped when you jumped on the wagon. Just your presence here motivates so many people. Thank you for adding to the excitement and sharing with us your progress :thumb:

I played raquetball for my cardio today, for an hour. then hit the weights. Needless to say, I hadnt played that since I was younger and it was a lot of fun to get back into. I think wednesday will now be raquetball wednesday

2 mile run, 100lb dumbell upper body lifts, then 1/4 mile swim. I'm not built for aquatics. Time to kick back and relax.

OK, this pesky cold I've had is finally letting up. Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym for the first time in almost 2 years.... I will try not to overdo it like I usually do first time back. Lots of stretching, some weights and then as much cardio as makes sense.

Weekly weigh-in: I lost 2.4 lbs! I'm happy!

OK, this pesky cold I've had is finally letting up. Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym for the first time in almost 2 years.... I will try not to overdo it like I usually do first time back. Lots of stretching, some weights and then as much cardio as makes sense.

Definitely don't over do it because if you do then it will be another 2 years before you go back. That's what gets all of us. Good luck today!!

Woo-hoo!!!! Congrats Kelly!!! :clapp:

Weekly weigh-in: I lost 3.12 lbs! Making progress and the results are encouraging :thumb: Let's all keep up a good spirit and dedication it takes to win this battle. Just think of it as one week at a time battle and we will win the war in May with a healthier, firmer, and lighter golfer :banana:.....

Great job everyone, love hearing all the headway.

Weekly weigh-in: I lost 3.12 lbs! Making progress and the results are encouraging :thumb: Let's all keep up a good spirit and dedication it takes to win this battle. Just think of it as one week at a time battle and we will win the war in May with a healthier, firmer, and lighter golfer :banana:.....

Great job you two! Is this going to lead to a household competition? Hahaha... It's amazing what a little motivation can do.

Great job you two! Is this going to lead to a household competition? Hahaha... It's amazing what a little motivation can do.

Nawwwww Dirt no competition in our house as KellyBo will whup my arse in the long run. I just think guys might be more full of :poop: so we lose more in the beginning :D....

Remember if you don't lose the lbs to start with you are probaly building up muscle or lean which is great! After seeing you at our little Fall outing in Blairsville you looked like you are blessed with more than your share of muscle. Dirt has biceps bigger than any of the guys thighs that came to Blairsville.

Last edited:
Nawwwww Dirt no competition in our house as KellyBo will whup my arse in the long run. I just think guys might be more full of :poop: so we loose more in the beginning :D....

Remember if you don't loose the lbs to start with you are probaly building up muscle or lean which is great! After seeing you at our little Fall outing in Blairsville you looked like you are blessed with more than your share of muscle. Dirt has biceps bigger than any of the guys thighs that came to Blairsville.

My huge arms are my curse. I bulk up with heavy weight during the winter. Once the spring comes around I let my insulation melt away. I'll probably be involving more cardio this winter with running, swimming, and kettlebell routines though. I'll get plenty of exercise when I move next month.

My huge arms are my curse. I bulk up with heavy weight during the winter. Once the spring comes around I let my insulation melt away. I'll probably be involving more cardio this winter with running, swimming, and kettlebell routines though. I'll get plenty of exercise when I move next month.

You moving to Georgia dude! :D

You moving to Georgia dude! :D

I wish! I'm staying in the corn/snow belt for now and moving to Iowa. At least there are better gym options there since the city is 2-2.5 times the size of my current town.

Great Job Gray!!! You and Kelly are doing so well. That is just awesome!!

I went to the gym this morning and did my 45 minutes of cardio. I switched it up between machines to make it a bit more fun. I wanted to do the stairmaster too (it's great for the bum) but it they were occupied the entire time. I also did a few sets of abs and lots and lots of stretching. Aside from losing weight and toning up I really want to get more flexible so I am going to do lots of stretching.

I was watching this kickboxing class while doing cardio and it looks intense! I am hoping I can build up my stamina some more and maybe give it a try. For 45 straight minutes those people never stopped moving.

Great Job Gray!!! You and Kelly are doing so well. That is just awesome!!

I went to the gym this morning and did my 45 minutes of cardio. I switched it up between machines to make it a bit more fun. I wanted to do the stairmaster too (it's great for the bum) but it they were occupied the entire time. I also did a few sets of abs and lots and lots of stretching. Aside from losing weight and toning up I really want to get more flexible so I am going to do lots of stretching.

I was watching this kickboxing class while doing cardio and it looks intense! I am hoping I can build up my stamina some more and maybe give it a try. For 45 straight minutes those people never stopped moving.
Good work GG, I know you've been excited about getting a gym membership, I have one but I also have enough equipment at home to not need the gym but since the hospital I work at owns the gym I get a membership very inexpensive so I just keep it. I still like going to the gym over working out at home at times, helps with the motivation.

I agree about the gym over working out at home. I have enough stuff here that I could probably get a pretty good work out in but I just feel better when I go to a physical gym. It motivates me more and I push myself more. I am really hoping with the help of my trainer along with a workout plan that he will prepare for me that I can stick with it and get back to the body I am happy with. Just after two days of going to the gym I remember how much I enjoy working out and even more than that how much I love the results.

Good work GG, I know you've been excited about getting a gym membership, I have one but I also have enough equipment at home to not need the gym but since the hospital I work at owns the gym I get a membership very inexpensive so I just keep it. I still like going to the gym over working out at home at times, helps with the motivation.

Great job you all!

I lost five pounds...in my case that's a big no no.

Great job you all!

I lost five pounds...in my case that's a big no no.

Well in that case, I'm sorry you lost 5 lbs! Hope you can gain them back quickly.

I skipped all exercise today after 5 straight days at the gym. My upper back was talking to me a bit today and decided I needed to rest it. I really want to play golf tomorrow since I haven't played all week because of bad weather!!! Keeping my fingers crossed. I will be walking with my new pull cart!

KB, I hope we get a chance to play golf someday...my GHIN is 13.4. LOL!

KB, I hope we get a chance to play golf someday...my GHIN is 13.4. LOL!

I'm ready when you are! Are you still coming to GA in January?

I had a small bowl of light soy vanilla yogurt (I didn't want to take a dairy pill) and added some fresh blueberries and had that for dessert. That is so much healthier than the cookies and cake I have been eating lately. I also had a cup of 25 calorie and fat free hot chocolate to get my chocolate fix and warm myself up without all the bad stuff. Overall I am pleased with my dessert.

Back