Slotline SSi-693 Thoughts?

Young Money

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

I just recently purchased a Slotline SSi-693 putter in part because of the review that the THP did on the line, I'm currently waiting for it to get here. I know some of the comments from the review like how the offset was causing pulls but I was wondering if anyone personally has putted with it and what thoughts they had.

Thanks,

I may be in the minority here, but I've yet to find a Slotline I didn't like. I own one of the old original inertial putters from 1991 I believe. I also have a new SSi-691 and would still put it up against any other putter on the market, including my new Nead SaP09 hand made and Bettinardi. I don't personally think a pull on these come from the offset, but more from an improper fitting.

Your new SSi-693 is more of a mid-mallet style with a flow neck design and one of the prettiest of their line, IMO. Take the time to get the loft length and lie right and I bet you'll have the best gamer you could ask for. Congrats on the purchase, I want pictures, lol!

I've been trying to find one of these to try since they came out. It's one of the prettier putters I've seen.

Thanks so much for the response Thedue and I'll be sure to post some pictures once I get it. I'm excited to try it, I've always loved the mid mallet style and the pictures are amazing.

BenJ: Now is a great time to pick one upp, Austads is selling them online for $59 and I emailed and asked for a discount code and they gave me one (that expired that day) that took care of shipping and took my total down to $55. Can't beat that.

The Slotline company is actually going out of business, so look around and you will find some great deals on a wonderful putter.

Thanks so much for the response Thedue and I'll be sure to post some pictures once I get it. I'm excited to try it, I've always loved the mid mallet style and the pictures are amazing.

BenJ: Now is a great time to pick one upp, Austads is selling them online for $59 and I emailed and asked for a discount code and they gave me one (that expired that day) that took care of shipping and took my total down to $55. Can't beat that.

Damn... I didn't know these guys were going out of business. I just bought a 693 from Austad's for $59 shipped. Amazing deal. Thanks for the tip.

Awesome!

thedue: I do have to say, I could not be more jealous of that Bettinardi you got. So amazing.

thedue: I do have to say, I could not be more jealous of that Bettinardi you got. So amazing.

Thanks for the kind words YM. It kind of drives me nuts because I can't use the thing, lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Sorry to hear they are going out of business. Used the original putters in the 80's and loved them.
Just picked up a SSi-691 and fell in love again. Very smoooooooth!

Thinking about purchasing the 691 and 693 but the 693 is only available in 34" at the location I am looking to get them at. The head weight on both the 33" and 34" is 360g, so I was wondering would it be the same thing if I buy and cut the 34" to a 33"?

Trimming like that can definitely have an affect on the swing weight.

I actually ended up returning my 693 to Austads. Too heavy and too much offset for a blade.

===== QUOTE JB ====

Trimming like that can definitely have an affect on the swing weight.

===== /QUOTE ====

Really even though the head weight is the same?

The swingweight is based on the distance the main weight, head, is from the hands, length of shaft. Picture a shovel full of snow. It's much easier to move with a longer handle.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Back