Eidolon Wins on Champions Tour

Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
From an email sent to me this morning:

EIDOLON Scores on The Champions Tour
Fulton Allem uses EIDOLON V-SOLE wedges to second place finish. While we often get asked if anyone on tour uses our wedges, we're a little company and we've never gone out there to try to compete with the major brands' big checkbooks. But we've built some wedges for mini-tour players, and one of them -- Scott Willoughby - has become a huge ambassador of EIDOLON V-SOLE wedges. He's a lefty, but carries a set of right handed wedges with him to show other professionals whom he knows and works with.

Well, two weeks ago, Scott was on a range in South Florida and ran into Fulton Allem. Fulton asks him what's new and he shows him his EIDOLON wedges, to which Fulton shows great interest. Scott gets his right hand demos, and after ten minutes, Fulton tells him, "you're not getting these back."

So Fulton finds his new EIDOLON wedges to be just what his short game needed, qualifies that next Monday for the Allianz Championship (he's not exempt) and almost wins the damn thing, finishing one shot behind winner Mike Goodes, and picks up a check for $150,000! That's almost a third of what he won the entire year in 2008! Think he's loving them now?

And he does all this with wedges that were built stock by EIDOLON as demos, and he had used them only a week!

It seems that when you build a product as good as we are here at EIDOLON, maybe the tour players will just come find us. If this innovative wedge technology can make that big a difference in a Champion's Tour player's game in only a week, imagine what it can do for yours!!

About EIDOLON Golf, LLC EIDOLON Golf is becoming recognized as The Leader in Custom Fit Wedges. With patented V-SOLE technology that handles all kinds of lies, CNC-milled grooves for maximum spin and full custom fit and build services, EIDOLON V-SOLE wedges are building a loyal following around the world. EIDOLON offers golfers an alternative to off-the-rack, one-size-fits-all wedges to improve their short games with wedges that are matched to each other and fitted to the golfer. Learn more at www.BestWedge.com.
PLAY WHAT THE PROS PLAY If they are good enough to make it into Fulton Allem's bag, maybe they should be in yours. Here's your chance to try an EIDOLON V-SOLE wedge "RISK FREE" for up to 30 days. Just order the one you want to try, compare it to whatever you're playing now, and if you don't like it, we'll buy you any other wedge you think you'd like better!

List Price: $129.00Play What The Pros Play Price: $109.00
S & H: $11.95 Select Your EIDOLON Wedge Now!

hmm... nice read but if you're not first you're last haha!

2nd place brings a nice paycheck but doesn't bring home the trophy... good to hear they are doing well out there though

hmm... nice read but if you're not first you're last haha!

2nd place brings a nice paycheck but doesn't bring home the trophy... good to hear they are doing well out there though

Naw, I disagree...

I'll take even one second place win on any tour over what I do on any given day. If they want to give me some cash and a line on the leaderboard even under someone, I'd fall over myself with joy.

Naw, I disagree...

I'll take even one second place win on any tour over what I do on any given day. If they want to give me some cash and a line on the leaderboard even under someone, I'd fall over myself with joy.

yeah... of course anyone on here would but when you're a professional you want the hardware

yeah... of course anyone on here would but when you're a professional you want the hardware

Perhaps I'm just not very competitive...I'd still be thrilled with 2nd. Room to go up, you have to start somewhere!

DD,
I disagree strongly. This is a huge honor for a small club company like this. Sure Titleist and others can claim a win every single week because of the amount of players that they sponsor. But this is big when a small company has something like this.

I understand they are a small company... I'm just saying I have never seen a company email out a PR statement that their clubs finished second

That is because you only see companies like the big boys send out PR. This is HUGE for a company like this.

Agree with Julie and JB on this one. It's a big accomplishment for what is an otherwise sleeper brand (other than on THP, that is!).

I do wish they would let me edit their next presser though. The writing could use a serious boost.

Agree with Julie and JB on this one. It's a big accomplishment for what is an otherwise sleeper brand (other than on THP, that is!).

I do wish they would let me edit their next presser though. The writing could use a serious boost.

They probably don't even have a dedicated PR person, but I agree for Eidolon to even have their wedges in a tour players bag would be/is a big deal for them. I hope they get big enough that we see them selling products elsewhere than there own site.

I want to add one thing. Eidolon does NOT pay anybody to use the wedges.

Back