Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself a little. New here and pretty new to golf. I'm an Army Vet (Afghanistan '11-'12), currently working in Healthcare and 5 years married. I started playing Golf about 6 months ago and immediately fell in love with the game. My sister-in-law is a Freshman on the Golf team at UCSB and I credit her for getting me into it in the first place! I just purchased my second home in Reno, NV in a Golf and Country Club called Arrowcreek. There are two 18 hole courses here, "The Legend" and "The Challenge". I live on the #17 par 3 of The Challenge course - so needless to say I get plenty of chipping practice!
Right now I'm an 18 handicap, but I project that to skyrocket because I just sold my Covert 2.0 irons and picked up a set of Titleist 690 MB's. I know I'm probably going to field some criticism for playing blades already but I'm intrigued by the challenge to learn them, and I have a theory of learning how to hit a Golf ball by learning how not to hit a Golf ball. As soon as they get here I'm going to have them tuned up and fitted.
What's in the bag:
- Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour w/ Kuro Kage stiff shaft. Set to 12.5 and Neutral.
- Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3-PW w/ S300 shafts and Tour Velvet grips.
- Wedge: Nike Engage 60° Dual Sole.
- Putter: Taylormade Maranello 81 30" w/ Salty grip.
- Balls: Vice Pro/Pro Plus.
- Gloves: Asher.
What's going to be in the bag:
- 3 Wood: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour.
- Wedges: Nike Engage 52° Square Sole.
- Hybrid: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3.
Hope to fit in here well and maybe learn a thing or two about this Golf thing that has my undivided attention! Thanks