What laser range finder would you recommend?

i have the regular v2 with pinseeker and i love it. the slop kinda seemed confusing to me. whats the details on it and how it works and all that good stuff?

So simple. You just enable slope, and it gives you two distances. First, pure distance...second, adjusted distance and slope angle.

Example: 184yrd's to pin playing 173 with -2degrees of slope.

I told my story to a Golfsmith manager and they offered me the slope version for $50 more (and took back the Patriot Pack).

I was curious and really wanted to try the slope out on the course since I live in San Diego and many courses are quite hilly.

Long story short: its awesome. The slope part is fun but the sheer fact that it can pick up pins so easily is amazing...even with my shaky hands.

Takes one second to get my distance where in the past it could take 5, and its so much easier.

Just keep in mind that when you someday decide to play in a tournament, you won't be able to use it at all, even with the slope feature turned off.

By the way. we have hills here too... called the Rocky Mountains. Half the fun of golf is modifying the club choice for wind and elevation change. I guarantee that you don't have any bigger slopes to deal with than we do. :dohanim:

I got a Leupold GX-1 last year and it has been awesome............now I can't play without it. Picks the pin out with no problems at all.

Same here, I ran across a great deal on the GX-1 and am really happy with it. Had it for about a year, and use it 20 to 30 times per round. Don't think you can make a bad choice with either Bushnell or Leupold.

I have an old Bushnell that works but has a few problems for me:

-the viewfinder is a large square that doesn't pick up flags well
-sometimes i have to take the battery out get it to turn on
-requires steady hands, and is a bit slow to register

I know some of the new ones have tiny circles that can pick up flags easily. I don't care about slope functionality (I rarely play serious tournaments), but was just curious what you folks recommend and like to use.

Thanks in advance.

I have an old (10 years old) Bushnell Yardage Pro. I'd recommend any Bushnell product. The plus is that they are a local company.

To be fair, I haven't tried any other brands. I just know the Bushnell works well. And it won't die for me so I can buy a new, improved and smaller model!

I love my Leupold GX4. You might want to check out there website they have several models available.

Jimmy

I just played my first round with my new Bushness 1600 and I LOVE it. It is super quick and easy to use and having the exact distance helped me a few times. It's very easy to aim. I know I still have to swing the club but having a spot on number is one less thing to worry about.

As a bonus, I've used it two times at the range and knowing what you're hitting to is awesome. I've never really liked the range and prefer to play practice rounds to work on my swing, but this may change with the ability to have precise distances to shoot for. The two sessions I've used it for so far have been more fun on the range than I can remember.

I TOTALLY recommend this one if you're looking for a laser range finder.

I just played my first round with my new Bushness 1600 and I LOVE it. It is super quick and easy to use and having the exact distance helped me a few times. It's very easy to aim. I know I still have to swing the club but having a spot on number is one less thing to worry about.

As a bonus, I've used it two times at the range and knowing what you're hitting to is awesome. I've never really liked the range and prefer to play practice rounds to work on my swing, but this may change with the ability to have precise distances to shoot for. The two sessions I've used it for so far have been more fun on the range than I can remember.

I TOTALLY recommend this one if you're looking for a laser range finder.

Excellent choice. I second this as I have one of these too.

Back