Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit my M4 from about 210-215 on the second shot of a par 5 to just outside a foot. Then, missed the eagle putt LOL, I seriously blame the beverage cart employee and the newly aerated greens lol.

Funniest shot though was a drive wide right off of a barb-wire fence post bck tot he middle of the fairway, it was honestly a hilarious series of events.

2 chip ins in 3 holes! I've been practicing short game and the first one was a soft chip from the fringe about 20 feet away. The second one came from a high, almost flop, shot from far below the green. It hit the green once, then hit the flagstick and settled in the cup. I was ecstatic!

My first fade

My first fade

On a par 4 during yesterdays round I sliced my drive to the right rough and was blocked by some trees in front of me. I have been working on a new swing this year on the range which has allowed me to shape my shots and hit fades for the first time in my life. Perfect time to try it for real. I was 190 from the hole and I hit a 4 iron with a beautiful fade which crossed the fairway to the left and turned along the tree line and ended up on the front left edge of the green. I have never been able to hit that shot before and it was very satisfying to see all the work beginning to pay off. I love this game!! :banana::banana:

Hit a bad drive, had 225 to the green into a 20-30mph wind, hit a 3 wood to 20'. Best 3 wood I think I ever hit. What made it better is nobody thought I could get there!

I had a straight 70 yard shot with my 60* wedge. Stopped dead at about 2 feet.

Tap before talk.

On Friday I played nine holes and came up to the 2nd hole a slight dog leg left par 4. This hole is 404 yards to the center of the green which is where the pin was. I hit a bomb down the left side thinking I was gonna have about 100 yards into the green, but couldn't find my ball anywhere. I came up to the green and my ball was lying pin high just off the side of the cart path. My ball managed to bounce the cart path and went 404 yards (My New Personal Best :D).

Skyed my 3 wood off the tee on a short par 4 that doglegs left over a big hill. Left myself 190 into a green that I couldnt see. Hit a low hard 5 iron that stopped about 10ft short of the pin. Couldnt believe it when I got up to the green, but there was no mistaking my yellow srixon z-star haha. Missed the birdie putt (greens were in rough shape *cough*excuses*cough*) but had a nice easy par.

Yesterday, 217 out on par 5, 4 iron into a crosswind, hits green rolls into tap in distance for Eagle!! SWEET!!!!

Par 4, 304 yards uphill from the blues with bunkers o' plenty. If you can carry it over 230, you have to lay up to the right of a huge fairway bunker. Green is about 20-30ft above the tee boxes, with bunkers straddling a 10 yard opening at the front of the green. I pulled out my driver and ripped one into the wind. Bounce on the fringe, went 20 yards over the green. sure, I only parred the hole. but it was my first round of the year, and damn that drive felt good.

Last week I needed to par the 18th to shoot my best score ever.
Short very tight par 4.
Shaky 3 wood (nerves....) left me more than I wanted left.
Solid 8 iron to 6 feet had me on such an adreniline high.
Rolled that bad boy in and beat my best score by 2.

40yrd chip shot using the backstop on the green to bank the ball into the hole only to lip out due to it hitting the flagstick too hard
shoulda been a birdie

On the 9th and final hole of the day on Saturday, elevated tee, par 3....Comes off perfectly lands and stops dead 4ft from the hole, line for the birdie putt after waiting for everyone else to get on the green and putt in and then...I get the yipps and 2 putt for par. I was still really happy with that.

Well yesterday on the third hole of my round, I hit a low 3 iron cut under some trees on a downhill lie to hit a fairly lengthy par 5 in two! I ended up missing my 40 ft eagle putt, but it was a tap in birdie! I was still thrilled with it though!

It was a really short par 3, about 105 yards. It's in between clubs for me (I have a gap to fill). Started thinking I'd hit a 3/4 PW, b/c I had some luck earlier in the day with that shot. However, it was a downhill shot, and the green did not have a lot of depth. A smart person would have just aimed right a little to have more green to work with. For me, smart was out the window given the number of balls i was slicing off into the woods (but for every ball lost, i found 3 balls). So I just swung as hard as i could with my 56* wedge. It was a beautiful shot, right on line, and landed about 8 feet short of the cup.

Then I missed my birdie putt.:banghead:

In my round yesterday I hit a terrible drive and left myself way too much into the green and not to mention I was now at the bottom of the hill in the rough. I was thinking "ok just get out of here with bogey" then I hit a very crisp iron out of the rough and flew it and landed 2 feet from the pin and rolled to about 8 feet away. My birdie lipped out, but I was happy to save my par after a horrendous drive.

On a par 4 during yesterdays round I sliced my drive to the right rough and was blocked by some trees in front of me. I have been working on a new swing this year on the range which has allowed me to shape my shots and hit fades for the first time in my life. Perfect time to try it for real. I was 190 from the hole and I hit a 4 iron with a beautiful fade which crossed the fairway to the left and turned along the tree line and ended up on the front left edge of the green. I have never been able to hit that shot before and it was very satisfying to see all the work beginning to pay off. I love this game!! :banana::banana:

It is aways nice to read these types of posts. Golf is hard and for many it takes hard work and there is nothing better than to have the work payoff. Very nice!

227 to the pin with a little wind behind, hit 4 iron and almost hit the pin, ball tracked right at it and the ball mark on the green was only a foot or so past the hole right on line. Ball rolled out to about 10 feet, I missed the putt but made par on a very difficult par 3.

Par 3 over water. Hit the 5 mashie and it bit up like crazy and rolled right at the cup. I thought I might have my first hole in one. But not to be. Made the birdie. .

i had 2 shots today the first was a 300+drive right down the middle but id say my 40 ft putt to make par on the 3rd hole a par 3 was probally better lol

167 out
middle of the fw
6i
wind blowing left to right
lake on the right all the way to the front of the green
pin sitting on the far left side tucked in a crappy lil pocket
absolutely pured it... 2yrd draw if that
almost slam dunked it... went in and jumped right out
had an eagle that didnt wanna be an eagle... tap in birdie

Tournament this weekend at Cahoon Plantation, hit a horrendous drive that ended up under a small tree..Only had about 1/2 a back swing and 1/2 follow through due to branches, and the tree itself..Had about ~180 to pin..Smashed a low fade (I am a lefty, and it was on the left side, bunker greenside between me and green)..started right side of fairway and cutting..landed about ~20 short of the green and rolled up to the rough, just off the fringe...Missed the green, but what a great feeling to see a shot like that, then execute...Problem is, lol, I almost executed my 3 wood shaft!! Made a very loud CRACK, and scraped some of the paint right off. But it was totally worth it :golf2:

Shot a 42 for 9 the other day which is great for me. My Mashie 3 saved my butt on a par 3 when I was sitting two in a bunker and "putted" it out for a 30 foot par. My wife was just stunned.

155 yards out, on my 3rd due to a tree, knock it to 2 ft with my 7 iron, save par... closest i have ever hit it to a pin over 100 yards! still shot a 93.. but hopefully i improve!

duffed alot of shots today but i did hit 2 great wedge shots inside of 3ft too bad they didnt count for anything

Shot 1 under on the back 9 due to some great putting - one from about 60 feet. Hit it and hope but it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back