Bag dropped and scratched my new PW

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I just bought these irons last week and as I was putting my clubs in to my car Saturday the bag dropped and fell on my driveway. When I picked them up I noticed that my PW had some damage on the outside of the head. Almost as if the finish had come off. It is not on the face of the club but is it going to cause problems or is it just cosmetic?

Any change CAN cause problems, but 99.9% of the time, it will be purely cosmetic in a case like this.

Yeah I will take a pic when I get home later. I was so angry I would have kicked a person / animal had it been near me.

It's not a crack, just looks like the finish came off the outside corner. I will post a pic later though.

Hopefully it wont mess you up mentally

Any change CAN cause problems, but 99.9% of the time, it will be purely cosmetic in a case like this.

+2. Some OEM's offer some type of restoration service or there are other good sources if the cosmetic damage is a bother.

It really bothers me but I can live with it. I had my other irons for about 10 years without an issues and I have had these for a week and already damaged them. Oh well. They still played well for me after dropping it.

Dont worry too much, I had my last set of irons for two rounds before I hit a rock with my 6i and ruined its previous perfection... Shouldnt affect your play

It sucks to damage your clubs that soon after purchase, but the reality of it is it is inevitable for clubs to get a little beat up over the time you use it. The first ding or scratch is always the worst.

Back