Hitting into people

For the first time in ages, I got hit into this evening. My brother and law were walking playing this evening when a single "speed golfer" caught up to us on the 5th. hole. We tee'd off on 6 and waited and let the guy play thru.

The guy as it turns out was pretty slow and after we let him through, we found ourselves waiting for him to finish the hole and waited again on him when we reached the next tee. Onece we able to go on the next hole, we then waited in the middle of the fairway for him to clear the green. By this time, two young players on cart caught up to us.

When we reached the next tee, again we waited on the single. After teeing off we both walked to the middle of the fairway, 250/260 yards out and were forced to wait on the single again. While we waited the young guy. with a girl in tow, arrived at the tee. He could clearly see us, but for whatever reason, went ahead and tee'd off. His ball flew at least 260 and missed me by less than 5 feet.

I simply walked up to his ball and put it in my pocket. Once we finished, we were in the clubhouse having a drink when they came in to pay for the cart. I've seen the kid and I'm guessing he had no idea it was me as I often work at the course. I just walked up to him, handed him the ball and told him not to do it again. He of course said, "you should have let me through, I waited on every shot". I let him know we had a single in front of us and were waiting oursleves. He said he had no idea. I just told him to be more careful in the future.

I just don't get the 16 year old kids now days. Here was me and my brother in law, 50 and 53 years old walking, and the 16 year old playing speed golf on a cart. He should learn to walk and enjoy himself!

i played with a family today mom dad and 11yr old son and they were kinda slow but our pace wasnt too bad for a 4some
a 2some behind us were pressing and we had already let a 2some and a single by
the single and 2some combined in front of us and slowed down considerably
these guys hit a ball very close to the kid as he was prepping his shot... we brushed it off and the mom was pretty upset so we let them play thru
dudes didnt even say thanks
they got stuck behind the 3some we let thru earlier and did the same thing
thats when i called the proshop and the marshal came out resulting in an arguement resulting in those guys getting kicked off the course
they wanted a refund and were raising heck in the proshop resulting in the police having to come out lol

im sorry but i hate guys like this... they shouldnt be allowed to even own golf clubs cuz they'd probably use them as deadly weapons

For the first time in ages, I got hit into this evening. My brother and law were walking playing this evening when a single "speed golfer" caught up to us on the 5th. hole. We tee'd off on 6 and waited and let the guy play thru.

The guy as it turns out was pretty slow and after we let him through, we found ourselves waiting for him to finish the hole and waited again on him when we reached the next tee. Onece we able to go on the next hole, we then waited in the middle of the fairway for him to clear the green. By this time, two young players on cart caught up to us.

When we reached the next tee, again we waited on the single. After teeing off we both walked to the middle of the fairway, 250/260 yards out and were forced to wait on the single again. While we waited the young guy. with a girl in tow, arrived at the tee. He could clearly see us, but for whatever reason, went ahead and tee'd off. His ball flew at least 260 and missed me by less than 5 feet.

I simply walked up to his ball and put it in my pocket. Once we finished, we were in the clubhouse having a drink when they came in to pay for the cart. I've seen the kid and I'm guessing he had no idea it was me as I often work at the course. I just walked up to him, handed him the ball and told him not to do it again. He of course said, "you should have let me through, I waited on every shot". I let him know we had a single in front of us and were waiting oursleves. He said he had no idea. I just told him to be more careful in the future.

I just don't get the 16 year old kids now days. Here was me and my brother in law, 50 and 53 years old walking, and the 16 year old playing speed golf on a cart. He should learn to walk and enjoy himself!

Sigh...even I didnt do that when I was that young...NEVER ask to play through someone.

the marshal came out resulting in an arguement resulting in those guys getting kicked off the course
they wanted a refund and were raising heck in the proshop resulting in the police having to come out lol
Thats a good ending for a bad story. I'll bet the cops got a kick out of it all too. What part of golf could be so hard the cops need to get involved? :laughing:

i played with a family today mom dad and 11yr old son and they were kinda slow but our pace wasnt too bad for a 4some
a 2some behind us were pressing and we had already let a 2some and a single by
the single and 2some combined in front of us and slowed down considerably
these guys hit a ball very close to the kid as he was prepping his shot... we brushed it off and the mom was pretty upset so we let them play thru
dudes didnt even say thanks
they got stuck behind the 3some we let thru earlier and did the same thing
thats when i called the proshop and the marshal came out resulting in an arguement resulting in those guys getting kicked off the course

im sorry but i hate guys like this... they shouldnt be allowed to even own golf clubs cuz they'd probably use them as deadly weapons

We have had the police a couple of times over the years at my course. Life has to suck if your a person that has to have the police called on you at the golf course...LOL Takes all kinds.....

I have never been close to being hit by a golf ball.. until today. A group behind ours hit two of their tee shots past our cart, just after we had hit our approach shots and were getting in the cart to drive to the green. I was unsure how to react, and this thread popped into my mind as it was going on. I picked up the ball that was 5 yards from hitting our cart as we were driving to the green and was considering keeping it at first, but after consulting my group I decided not to stir up trouble and tossed the ball further into the rough than it already was. On the next hole it happened again, but this time we had just parked next to the green after our approach shots and a ball comes flying straight at us (at what seemed like 70-90mph to me) then skipped on the cart path behind our carts and bounced over the top. My heart rate instantly increased by 30bpm and I shouted "Come on!", which surprisingly drew angry, non apologetic yells from the group. After we holed out and walked back to the cart, they rolled up and I let them know just how close that ball came to hitting us and we got no apology nor even a response. After they holed out, the guy who did it said "Well, I yelled fore".

I have never been close to being hit by a golf ball.. until today. A group behind ours hit two of their tee shots past our cart, just after we had hit our approach shots and were getting in the cart to drive to the green. I was unsure how to react, and this thread popped into my mind as it was going on. I picked up the ball that was 5 yards from hitting our cart as we were driving to the green and was considering keeping it at first, but after consulting my group I decided not to stir up trouble and tossed the ball further into the rough than it already was. On the next hole it happened again, but this time we had just parked next to the green after our approach shots and a ball comes flying straight at us (at what seemed like 70-90mph to me) then skipped on the cart path behind our carts and bounced over the top. My heart rate instantly increased by 30bpm and I shouted "Come on!", which surprisingly drew angry, non apologetic yells from the group. After we holed out and walked back to the cart, they rolled up and I let them know just how close that ball came to hitting us and we got no apology nor even a response. After they holed out, the guy who did it said "Well, I yelled fore".

This is where I think you should call the pro shop and tell them there is about to be a "situation" on the course. Groups like the this one hitting into you, need to be shown the door. I'd give em one warning and kick em out if it happened again.

This is where I think you should call the pro shop and tell them there is about to be a "situation" on the course. Groups like the this one hitting into you, need to be shown the door. I'd give em one warning and kick em out if it happened again.

Yeah, that would have been the best course of action. Luckily they held back after the 2nd time they did it.

After reading the last few posts, it must have been the weekend for idiots. We had a group of three behind us all day. We were three also and in no way holding them up. We play the fastest ready golf you'll ever see.
So after being behind us for 13 holes, they evidently figured since they didn't see us on this downhill-then-uphill par 4, we must not be there. Like we somehow miraculously blazed ahead a full hole between the green on the last hole and the fairway on this one. I was looking for a Vision Gel off to the right when I heard a THUMP. A shiny new Titleist landed about 5yds behind me. Before we could really get a grasp on reality, my buddy who had looked back, saw another one incoming and to the same general area. He told me to duck and THWACK! It hit the cart I was sitting in 20 seconds earlier. The only thing that saved them from getting a royal beatdown was the fact that, yes, that is a big hill and they most likely did not see us. BUT we were JUST in front of you for 13 holes!!!! Since they couldn't see me, they also couldn't see me putting both balls into a nice tuft of 6" Bermuda rough. Have fun on those approach shots, boys! IDIOTS!

Played last week on 18 and it was with like 10 minutes of sunlight left well the twosome in front of us was playing slower than our foursome. I decided to hit just to rush us along plus they were just walking around without their cart. Well I'm sure it came right near them while I yelled out to them I knew that my ball wouldn't be where I hit. And sure enough when we drove up a ball was not to be found I knew they have either hit it away or had picked it up..Kinda mad me mad but I knew better I just wanted to get the round in.

Played last week on 18 and it was with like 10 minutes of sunlight left well the twosome in front of us was playing slower than our foursome. I decided to hit just to rush us along plus they were just walking around without their cart. Well I'm sure it came right near them while I yelled out to them I knew that my ball wouldn't be where I hit. And sure enough when we drove up a ball was not to be found I knew they have either hit it away or had picked it up..Kinda mad me mad but I knew better I just wanted to get the round in.

No excuse dude, next time play earlier. Taking the chance of hitting someone and possibly injuring them isn't worth trying to finish your round.

--
tapatalk

Makes me wonder..........

No excuse dude, next time play earlier. Taking the chance of hitting someone and possibly injuring them isn't worth trying to finish your round.

--
tapatalk
Agree here. No excuse for hitting into people on puropse.

I know it's not the right thing to do. But you would be fine with a group walking all the way across the fairway to the other side and not carrying a club with them? Regardless I waited till they were near their carts(weren't in it yet.)

It's funny what peer pressure does to you.

I wouldn't be fine with it. But I wouldn't hit in to them. Besides, with me, they are probably safely out of range of my tee shot, hahaha.

I know it's not the right thing to do. But you would be fine with a group walking all the way across the fairway to the other side and not carrying a club with them? Regardless I waited till they were near their carts(weren't in it yet.)

I have had people yell at me from the tee box and I still waited to hit my shot from the fairway...I am not going to hit into a group that is standing on the green still even if they are taking their sweet time.

I wouldn't be fine with it. But I wouldn't hit in to them. Besides, with me, they are probably safely out of range of my tee shot, hahaha.

lol. I hit a draw/hook into them. Had I hit where I aimed I would have had no problem :beat-up:

Regardless its irresponsible. There's a difference between hitting a 330 yard drive unexpectadly and a 195 7i that you know can hit. Today I was upset. I let it go but hitting into someone because you're impatient is a good way to getting you @ss handed to you.

Regardless its irresponsible. There's a difference between hitting a 330 yard drive unexpectadly and a 195 7i that you know can hit. Today I was upset. I let it go but hitting into someone because you're impatient is a good way to getting you @ss handed to you.

Totally agree buddy, you can never EVER hit into a group you think you might be able to reach.

--
tapatalk

This! If someone ever does this at an outing, they wont come to another one.
I have such a problem with this its ridiculous. Slow play sucks. Either play earlier or dont play.
I dont care if its a big hitter looking to pound their chest and say look what I can do, or somewhat trying to finish, I have witnessed someone have to get rushed to the emergency room with blood flowing like crazy because some kid was impatient.

Hitting into someone on purpose is never acceptable and you should be banned from that course for life.
You hit into me like that and I'll turn your driver into a popsicle stick and you'll know exactly where your driver is.

It was a mistake, simple as that, had I known I was going to hit the best drive of the day on 18 I wouldn't have hit the shot. Learned something that day for certain.

And banned from the course? Lol that course has 4 holes in a row back and forth where drives/second shots come at you while in the middle of the fairway..no one yells or anything most times. If I got a dollar for every time I was hit into at that course I could buy apple haha.

Everyone hates slow play, but there is never a good reason to intentionally hit into someone. You waited until "they were near their carts"?

It was a mistake, simple as that, had I known I was going to hit the best drive of the day on 18 I wouldn't have hit the shot. Learned something that day for certain.

And banned from the course? Lol that course has 4 holes in a row back and forth where drives/second shots come at you while in the middle of the fairway..no one yells or anything most times. If I got a dollar for every time I was hit into at that course I could buy apple haha.

So was it intentional at first but now its not? I hope you realize that there could be not so good consequences of hitting a ball at others.

There is a HUGE difference between hitting a ball at someone by mistake and hitting a ball at someone on purpose. Huge difference.

There is a HUGE difference between hitting a ball at someone by mistake and hitting a ball at someone on purpose. Huge difference.

If I am the guy in the fairway I gotta say there is zero difference to me. Guys need to know an apology may not matter much. Now if I'm on a different fairway that is a different story.

If I am the jerk in the fairway I gotta say there is zero difference to me. Guys need to know an apology may not matter much. Now if I'm on a different fairway that is a different story.

Really zero difference? How? Theres a big difference and to say there isn't is just stupid. And fify

Back