What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a +4, 38/38; 76. Previous best was a +6, 78.

Was hitting it great off the tee, and was getting on GIR, but leaving myself with some impossible birdie putts. Had 8, 2-putt pars today.

On top of the low round, had my first ever Eagle. 490 yard Par 5, blind dogleg right, hit it too far off the tee and you're in the water. Crushed the Boccieri 3W off the tee with a nice fade landing dead center off the fairway, leaving myself 224 center of the green. Hit a 5 iron pin high, sightly right, made the Eagle putt.

Picture of the eagle putt. Hard to see, but the ball is about 10 yards right of the pin.
photo.JPG

Was hitting it great off the tee, and was getting on GIR, but leaving myself with some impossible birdie putts. Had 8, 2-putt pars today.

On top of the low round, had my first ever Eagle. 490 yard Par 5, blind dogleg right, hit it too far off the tee and you're in the water. Crushed the Boccieri 3W off the tee with a nice fade landing dead center off the fairway, leaving myself 224 center of the green. Hit a 5 iron pin high, sightly right, made the Eagle putt.

Happy for ya buddy! I shot 76 today and for the first time in my life shot in the 70's the last two weekends.. Consecutive weekends in the 70's both Saturday/Sunday is a dream month for me. I have had more rounds in the 70's this month than ever in my life so my golf right now is shocking to me. I shot 38 on the front and thought for a moment about breaking my personal record and then put it out of my mind. The secret was one hole at a time and I birdied the last two holes to shoot 38 again!

Shot a 93 in a fun round at ASU Karsten with some THPers (Yoccos, c0ncept, and BeanieAZ).

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Shot a 93 in a fun round at ASU Karsten with some THPers (Yoccos, c0ncept, and BeanieAZ).

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Was a lot of fun but the heat was getting to me. Why does the course have to be perfect when its too hot to play?

Ended up shooting an 84...that 10 on the 18th to end the first 9 really sent things downhill lol

Happy for ya buddy! I shot 76 today and for the first time in my life shot in the 70's the last two weekends.. Consecutive weekends in the 70's both Saturday/Sunday is a dream month for me. I have had more rounds in the 70's this month than ever in my life so my golf right now is shocking to me. I shot 38 on the front and thought for a moment about breaking my personal record and then put it out of my mind. The secret was one hole at a time and I birdied the last two holes to shoot 38 again!

Good work OG! I had never shot in the 70's prior to mid July since of this year. With today's round, I have done it 4 times in the past month-ish.

Good work OG! I had never shot in the 70's prior to mid July since of this year. With today's round, I have done it 4 times in the past month-ish.

You too wareagle! We are going to keep this train moving down the right tracks.. Play hard buddy and keep focused...

This winter is going to suck. I honestly had high expectations this year of breaking 80 but I never thought I would do it numerous times. I'm just glad to see others here share that same excitement as me.

in the morning a 79 scratch net 72 (css 74) then a 84 scratch....not sure what the css was in the afternoon.the conditions were dry but the wind was horrendous.

I'm playing Tuesday. I'm dropping my driver from my bag on Tuesday. It's a course accuracy is going to play a big roll. It's not a long course and longest par 4 is a 370. I think I have a good chance of breaking 90 if I keep my mind clear and concentrate. I've been wanting to do that for awhile.

Picture of the eagle putt. Hard to see, but the ball is about 10 yards right of the pin.
photo.JPG

Nice round w.e, congrats on the PB and the eagle.

Great going buddy, those 70's are rolling. Keep up the good work that is mighty impressive.

Great going buddy, those 70's are rolling. Keep up the good work that is mighty impressive.

Thanks Dawg and you know you and I would be great partners in Florida but they want let Team Porch Rockers play as a team... Bangs head against wall :eek:)

This winter is going to suck. I honestly had high expectations this year of breaking 80 but I never thought I would do it numerous times. I'm just glad to see others here share that same excitement as me.

Man, with that compact and powerful swing you have I would have guessed that this was not your first year of breaking 80. Move on down South and play year round with us.

Don't think I could be much more pumped after a round than I am right now. Some local guys invited me to play a course that I have only been lucky enough to play a few times. This is a rather tough course and I was pretty apprehensive when I got there to find we were teeing off from the blacks, (tips). I'm anything but long with any club, but I consider myself a competitor and can generally stay with most, even hitting from behind them which is exactly how things went today. Pretty much new to me course, I shot 42/41 and can't say I putted worth a darn, but more than happy with the outcome. I hit almost every fairway, missed a few greens, but scrambled well on the front. The back found my iron game and I started hitting greens along with fairways and it was game on. Had my standard putting held up I know I would have shot mid to upper 30's on the back.

Anytime I can shoot low 80's on this type course from the tips I'd call it a solid round. Add in some really nice guys to play with and its a wonderful day.

Thanks Dawg and you know you and I would be great partners in Florida but they want let Team Porch Rockers play as a team... Bangs head against wall :eek:)

LOL, when do you get the smilies back buddy, some things just ain't right, and taking your smilies is one of them.

Man, with that compact and powerful swing you have I would have guessed that this was not your first year of breaking 80. Move on down South and play year round with us.

I tried to get him to come to the Georgia Get Together but he has school so not in the cards :eek:(...

Don't think I could be much more pumped after a round than I am right now. Some local guys invited me to play a course that I have only been lucky enough to play a few times. This is a rather tough course and I was pretty apprehensive when I got there to find we were teeing off from the blacks, (tips). I'm anything but long with any club, but I consider myself a competitor and can generally stay with most, even hitting from behind them which is exactly how things went today. Pretty much new to me course, I shot 42/41 and can't say I putted worth a darn, but more than happy with the outcome. I hit almost every fairway, missed a few greens, but scrambled well on the front. The back found my iron game and I started hitting greens along with fairways and it was game on. Had my standard putting held up I know I would have shot mid to upper 30's on the back.

Anytime I can shoot low 80's on this type course from the tips I'd call it a solid round. Add in some really nice guys to play with and its a wonderful day.

DooDue -- You would be my horse in any kind of race dude! Great job {claps loudly}

88. Should have been another low-for-me 81/82. I blew up on two holes and lost my mind for a few minutes. Sad, really, I had a good round going with some Visions.

DooDue -- You would be my horse in any kind of race dude! Great job {claps loudly}

Thanks buddy and likewise to you buddy. Sounds like you were tearing up the course yourself today, great job!

Thanks buddy and likewise to you buddy. Sounds like you were tearing up the course yourself today, great job!

Yea but I played from 2800 yards :eek:) !

You really need those smilies back OG.

Solid round.

photo.JPG

nice round w.e. monster 5 iron btw

Yea but I played from 2800 yards :eek:) !

I can't say this course is all that long at 6500 from the tips, but it's very tight with a lot up up and down. Sand is something I never get to play, but this course has plenty and I was in it three times, but found my way out and close all three times. Putting really cost me bad today, but this course is known for very subtle breaks that are extremely hard to read.

my third straight solid round today with a 38/39-77 at my new club. best round ive had there since i joined. i was ripping my driver off the tees and today i was more consistent from 100 yds out. i played my round today with the Penta TP instead of the gamer and realized how much i missed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back