Wes S.

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey ya'll! Long time reader. Decided to finally sign up so I could participate in the forums a little bit.

I started back playing golf last year after a couple of years away from it. I have been shooting in the mid to low 80s this year. Low round of the summer was an 80 a few weeks ago. Played this afternoon and shot an 87...amazing how you can shoot a 48 on the front and then a 39 on the back. No official handicap yet. Unfortunately I don't get to play as much as I would like because of being in school full time at UNC.

My main reason for signing up is hoping to get some advice on new irons. I'm playing with an ancient set of orlimars that I've had since high school. They are basically blades..old and hard to hit consistently. I'm currently saving and looking for something new that I will be more consistent with. I played this afternoon and shot an 87...amazing how you can shoot a 48 on the front and then a 39 on the back. If I could only be consistent...

I'm considering the R11s when I get the chance to hit them, or maybe the Burner 2.0s. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks and hi again!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the greatest golf site in the world. You will enjoy your experience!

Welcome to THP Wes. As far as irons go, everyone here will tell you that the best thing for you would be to get out and demo the crap out of everything out there. Get fit and be sure you're swinging clubs that fit your game and your swing. You'll be so glad you did!

We're glad you found us.

Welcome to the forum!

Tappin' in support of Team Hackers!

Welcome to THP, Wes.

I sure do love having a Tarheel on board! Welcome to THP Wes. Like puttin4bird said, you'll get a lot of different advice on irons. My suggestion, do a lot of searching on the forum and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome Wes, glad you decided to join in.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome Wes and you will find tons of info on here to gain knowledge on the different types of equipment etc....

Welcome man. I'm sure you will learn a lot as I know I have

Welcome!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to :thp:!

Welcome to THP! The student rate at Finley is suppose to be a good deal.

Welcome to THP! The student rate at Finley is suppose to be a good deal.

I really need to find out! I had someone else ask me that recently and wasn't sure about the rate. Definitely want to play there at some point this fall. I hear its a pretty nice course.

I only have 2 semesters left at UNC. Can't wait to be finished!

Cool. I've played their twice. The employee rate is terrible, they only take $5-10 off it which makes it like $65, haha.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey yourself....Welcome to THP

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

:welcome:

Back