If you could change one thing to improve your golf game, what would it be?

Joshzilla

Secret Agent
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious what people see as their biggest area for improvement would be...

Personally, I would like to learn (consistant) restraint. Overswinging wrecks my game.

This one is easy...ACCURACY!!!

More consistent ball striking with my irons.

Putting is what it's all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id say in a broad sense, consistency. More specific Id love to be more consistent with the driver.

I'd like a more consistent driver swing. Some day's it's great and others it's terrible. I really need to get a lesson or 2 in this summer to fix some things.

Driving the ball. Not even distance, just more accuracy.

Consistently solid iron striking. Lack of that tends to wreck my scores...

I'll take accuracy, so that it covers my 2 big issues, driver and short game

i'll take wedge-work.
i score worse when i don't hit greens, so my ability to get up-and-down really needs to improve.
when you miss greens, you really have to snuggle them in tight to save par.

My age. I started playing way to late in life

Yeah, accuracy. I've spent the last two weeks working on my short game; chipping - bump and runs, flops, short flops, etc. I've noticed a decent improvement when it comes into play during a round.

More consistent swing with my irons/driver - after about nine or so holes I start to develop a draw on accident and just have to keep my hands relaxed and not fast through.

Mid-iron approach shots.

consistency with my driver. If I am consistently decent, I would be shooting in the high single digit range.

Putting for me. I've never been great, but I've been better. Been working hard on it this year with my teacher. Slowly breaking away from the low 30's in putts into the high 20's.

Right now, it would be driver consistency. Somewhere, I've lost my swing. Not sure how that happened. Oh well.

Toss up for me. Better consistency off the tee and short game but when it comes down to it the short game probably needs the most work.

My 2nd shot. That 150-185 yd shot onto the green. I need to hit it straighter with more feel..........

More time off work to practice! It's hard to get as much in as I'd like with my work schedule... :banghead:

Otherwise I would say overall accuracy.

consistency with my driver. If I am consistently decent, I would be shooting in the high single digit range.

Agreed! Wouldnt it be awesome if some magic golf genie would appear and fix our biggest ailment?

I am consistently inconsistent.

I would change the layout in my backyard to incorporate a chipping & putting green. I don't have a "strength" in my game at the moment, but my short game is definitely my weakness!

Back