I don't play those type of courses but I'd say a few bucks would be my tip.

I too do not normally play courses that offer that service that often but when I do it is usually a $5. At the outing I usually did not have my wallet with me fo at the end of my last round I tipped the guy who helped me $5 and I gave him an additional $30 to be split amongst the other guys. I did the same thing when I travel for the housekeeper, usually leave a tip at the end of my stay versus each morning.

I'm surprised at all the people who say the courses they play don't have these services. I'm trying to think of a course I've played that doesn't and I'm having a tough time thinking of one.

Always a minimum of $3-$5 for me.

I'm surprised at all the people who say the courses they play don't have these services. I'm trying to think of a course I've played that doesn't and I'm having a tough time thinking of one.

Maybe you Florida golfers just get your clubs dirtier than the rest of us...LOL

+2- I am amazed that so many have not seen this service at their local courses. I can't think of one course that I haveplayed where there wasn't a cart kid wating to clean the clubs and the cart at the end of my round. I got nine in this morning and there were two waiting for me when I was done. I'm not doubting anyone, I just have never not seen a cart kid or attendant after my round.

+2- I am amazed that so many have not seen this service at their local courses. I can't think of one course that I haveplayed where there wasn't a cart kid wating to clean the clubs and the cart at the end of my round. I got nine in this morning and there were two waiting for me when I was done. I'm not doubting anyone, I just have never not seen a cart kid or attendant after my round.

I've played a couple here in Orlando but it's pretty much a no frills type place. Most of the time it's off 18 then direct to car. I'm on the same page as everyone here. $2 at the minimum, $5 is the norm.

Playing on the hard red Georgia clay, I guess it doesn't really stick to the club that much.

The only two times I've seen this service were both in Fla. One in the panhandle near Apalachicola and one at the Waldorf, where you'd expect to see that (and they were unreal!).

Our starter takes care of the bag drop area, cleans clubs, valets cars, etc. Far too many people stiff him.

As far as a forecaddie, the minimum gratuity for us at my course is $20 per person.

Living in Mexico, every club has caddies and full service, its just expected. Tipping is important and I would give the guy $5 for this particular service. Many times our caddy will clean the clubs and load them into the cars after the round, so we bump up the tip we would have given him $5 or more. If you dont tip, dont expect any kind of great service later.

Great "tips"! :smile:

Thanks for the information. I normally don't play where these services are offered, but good to know I'm at least in the ballpark when I go on vacation.

I have never played at a course that offers these services. The closest I have seen is at a nice club a friends dad belongs to. They have club storage.

At the places I play, there are usually no cart boys. Just a couple of upscale courses around me have cart boys, so this information is very good for me. I've never had a caddie, but I'd love to have the experience at least once.

Like I said, I have seen it one time and that was in the 1990s is Scottsdale, I think it was at The Biltmore (maybe, we played a lot of nice courses/places during my Arizona golf trips). I played at a course here that hosted a Senior PGA Event (Tiffany Greens) and it sure didn't happen there either. I would have agreed that maybe it's more prevalent at a Florida/ Arizona/ California course, but I honestly don't remember it happening last Spring at the outing and I have played three times in California, twice at a nice country club in Moraga and it didn't happen there either.

As for tipping caddies after the round, $50-$100 is what I usually see.

Florida courses tend to have this service far more often than around here. I think it's just part of the experience. I also think stiffing the cart guy is lame. If you're at a place that offers the service, just let them do it. If it's that big of a deal to throw a couple bucks at a kid, stick to a different course.

I wasn't saying I was surprised as in I was doubting anyone. I was just more curious if it's a Florida thing, because even the mediocre clubs and municipals down here have them and I've never played in any other state so I just assumed it happened everywhere. We all know what happens when you assume. Haha

I wasn't saying I was surprised as in I was doubting anyone. I was just more curious if it's a Florida thing, because even the mediocre clubs and municipals down here have them and I've never played in any other state so I just assumed it happened everywhere. We all know what happens when you assume. Haha

I always thought the same thing too. I have only played golf in Florida so I don't know what it's like in other areas but I have never played at a course that didn't offer this service, just as you said, so I was a bit surprised to hear so many say they don't have them where they are. I guess it is more a Florida thing.

I just hope I don't forget where I'm at next May, because if I do, and stumble upon a big gator, those attendants are going to have to clean more than my clubs.

You get cart guys and the club cleaner at the more higher end public/semi-private type courses around here in South Jersey.
Usually tip $3 a piece.
If it's the same guy doing both, our threesome will usually chip in and hit him with a $20 on the way out.

Most places where I play (OBX) will drive a cart to you in the lot and load your bag...I usually do $3-$4 and it's appreciated because more than 1/2 the people give nothing...As to cleaning at the end, not offered, but I tip the same at places that do...Just got back from a resort in SW Fl where I tipped the guy $5 at the bag drop (he let me bring a cooler) and tried to tip him at the end and he said not necessary, you did it at the start...Different...As to a caddy, never used one...My brother played Cypress Point 2 years ago and the member who brought him said the standard for the caddy was $100 per golfer..They carry 2 bags ($100x2)..Good money, but a lot of work...My brother, who plays to a 4, said the caddy was well worth it...And if you can afford a Cypress Point membership, it's probably small change...

At Falcon's Fire in Orlando they incorporated Valet service with the bag service. When we were done they had the car ready with the A/C going and the bags all loaded. Top notch service.

If a quarter tip is good enough for Judge Smails, it's good enough for me :D

We had caddies (3 caddies for 4 players) when we played Valhalla a few years back. We had no idea what to tip so we asked a member and he said that he tips between $75 - $100, depending on circumstances. We ended up giving $90 each, but we didn't pay for the golf, so it wasn't a bad deal.

Tipping is not a city in China

Please do it when pertinent

Back