hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I had started a thread a few months ago about a good stand bag. My high school season doesn't start until the end of the summer, so i don't see a reason to buy a bag without looking at everything. The sun mountain 4 5 is what i plan on getting, but then the white ogio grom caught my eye. I love the looks of this bag, but it is about 2 pounds heavier than the 4 5. Does anyone that owns the grom notice the extra weight? How do you like the bag?

Thanks

I love the Ogio bags! I originally went to school for engineering, so I'm a sucker for technology and gadgets... and Ogio bags always have a bunch of little extras. I have the grom from a few years ago and love it. I never had any issues with weight or anything and I have been known to pack like a cubscout on occassion. And I used to regularly walk 36 holes with it in my days before the kid.

I've never tried a Sun Mountain bag before, so I can't comment on those, but I know they get a lot of good press from those that own them.

I used the Grom as my carry bag until I got a Clicgear pushcart and then I upgraded to the Kingpin... more pockets for more stuff I don't need...

I had started a thread a few months ago about a good stand bag. My high school season doesn't start until the end of the summer, so i don't see a reason to buy a bag without looking at everything. The sun mountain 4 5 is what i plan on getting, but then the white ogio grom caught my eye. I love the looks of this bag, but it is about 2 pounds heavier than the 4 5. Does anyone that owns the grom notice the extra weight? How do you like the bag?

Thanks

I can't speak to the grom specifically, but my Bridgestone is 7lbs and apparently the Grom is 7 lbs, and I don't personally have any issues carrying my bag.

I will say that sun mountain seems to be focused on the lighter bag, but the functionality of the Ogio brand is far above, if you are into that.

If you are looking for something similar in weight, you should check out the Ogio Ozone.. It's 5.5 lbs and while it has less functionality, it's still a great looking bag with a solid divider system.

The sun mountain bags are unreal. I have the swift X, and if you can get around the tiny bit of crowdedness, its an unreal golf bag. So light, durable. I wish I had brought mine down from canada.

The Grom is probably #1 on my bag wishlist.

Back