For the first time, I got "in the zone".

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Went out and played 18. What I want to focus on is the first 9 (the second nine I paired up with two guys and didn't keep score.)

I got a cart after a long wait, and set off. Played an okay first hole, but then something clicked. My distances were great, I was hitting every fairway, averaging around 250. I didn't have any of my characteristic duffs or fat shots. I played what was, all around, the best 9 of my life. Shot 47 (great for me, so shut up!). Whats more, apparently I played like lightening. 1:15. I was shocked, as it usually takes me at least 2:15 (with a buddy, I walked 9 yesterday in 2 hours). I joined up with these two guys, and it all left. I was back to my old self. I have come to the conclusion that I play much better alone.

Thats great Jacob! I can definitely see that when you go from playing alone to playing with company that this would affect your game. I'm sure the same would happen to me. 1:15 is nice to get 9 in too, that was probably a lot of it, not over thinking and trusting your first shot judgement.

Well done.

Way to go man! congrats on the round!

Congrats! Way to go!

Unfortunately, I am the opposite it seems. Played the front 9 recently solo and stunk it up. Caught up to the 3some in front of me on the 11th hole, joined them, and shot one of my best back 9's ever on that course. Weird.....

2 of the 3 last times i've played i've had a good nine and a not so good nine. There has been as much as 7 or 8 shots difference between the two. Something like a 41 on nine and 48 on the other nine..........

Nice Jacob....

You have to love those 'in the zone' times in golf. I know last week during league, I lost 4 balls, so there was 4 penalty strokes. I still managed to play bogey golf because I was focusing so much on irons and putting.

Also, I think 47 is a great score!

Feels good to be in the zone, good for you...keep it up...sir speedy

w2g buddy. I did kinda the same the other night. The 1st time I played this par3 coarse i stunk it up and took us a long time to finish. The other night I played with one other guy and didnt shot over +1 on any hole and got finished really fast. I just didnt really think about it, swung, walked, pitched, putted. No time to get frustrated.

The good thing about being in the zone, once you have experienced when you hit the zone again you will be very comfortable and absolutely know that you are going to execute the shot just as you have it planned. Enjoy it, and congrats JR on taking another step in this crazy game.

Thats awesome JR. I think when we get paired with people we have this psychological thing that says "Oh, start pressing, you wanna impress these guys so they don't think I'm a hack" even if THEY'RE hacks. Either way, good job and keep playing good. 1:15 is a really fast time for 9. I can play 9 walking by myself in around 1:30 but dayum man. Way to keep up Pace-of-Play

Thats awesome JR. I think when we get paired with people we have this psychological thing that says "Oh, start pressing, you wanna impress these guys so they don't think I'm a hack" even if THEY'RE hacks. Either way, good job and keep playing good. 1:15 is a really fast time for 9. I can play 9 walking by myself in around 1:30 but dayum man. Way to keep up Pace-of-Play

Thats pretty quick. I think if the course was not cart path only I could have got round in less, but I wasn't focusing on that.

Yesterday, first time walking, I got 9 in in 2 hours flat.

The zone is awesome. I had a four hole stretch in it yesterday and let it go away. Takes time to get comfortable with not sucking, I think.

Way to go Jacob. The zone is great! I was in it for about 5 holes in Florida!

Thanks guys. It was great. I think it was truly the most fun I have ever had on the course.

Next week I am going back and walking 18. We will see if we can find it again.

Congrats,i luv the zone and i am the same way,it only happens when i dont overthink,i just swing. After #18 i pull into the clubhouse/bar and start adding up my score and my eyes get bigger and bigger. Like "Wow i didnt even know i birdied such and such" and "i cant believe i saved that par,wow"...

Congrats on finding "the zone", and on the round. Like others have said, just try not to overthink and just swing. Personally, I have been trying to focus on one shot at a time, not worrying about past shots (good or bad), and not worrying about the score, just the shot at hand. This has really helped me concentrate and has really shown in my scores. Last year I had my low round of 79. This year, I have already shot a 76, 78, and 79. Trust your ability, and the scores will keep dropping. Keep up the good work!

Nice one. Now you know that feeling, set about recreating the thoughts and the whole situation you were in, grab that zone again!

I've been in the zone most of this season, but unfortunately it's been the Twilight Zone, where anything can and will happen.

I love that in the zone feeling, all of your clubs are working and you're not overthinking the next shot because of something being off. It really does speed the game up (as long as you aren't stuck behind slow people). Your front 9 sounds like the round I played with my dad a couple of weeks ago, I could do no wrong. Of course the next round out was crap.

The good thing about being in the zone, once you have experienced when you hit the zone again you will be very comfortable and absolutely know that you are going to execute the shot just as you have it planned. Enjoy it, and congrats JR on taking another step in this crazy game.

Congrats on the round. DD hit the nail right here, they only come around so often and next time it will seem like you can't do anything wrong if you tried.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Nice work on the front 9, Jacob! Sounds like you think too much while you're waiting for your shot.

Ah, to the person who negative repped twice me for this thread, to me, a 47 is "in the zone." I assume it was negative, but it is hard to tell, considering the fact that it was grey.

Ah, to the person who negative repped twice me for this thread, to me, a 47 is "in the zone." I assume it was negative, but it is hard to tell, considering the fact that it was grey.

Props on the 47. If a 47 was my lowest score, I'd be damn proud of it.

Props on the 47. If a 47 was my lowest score, I'd be damn proud of it.

Believe it or not, the 46 I shot last week is my lowest 9, but I played one mulligan that 9.

Well, playing alone will certainly help the old score card won't it?!:embarrassed: Just kidding, Jacob. Yeah, I have had a few of those myself. Funny thing is, when it's all over I can't, for the life of me, figure out what I did different. When that MOJO is workin it sure is sweet. Congrats and I hope you have many more like that one.

Back